: What's your favorite comment/compliment you've gotten on your V??

Noriega7
04-16-12, 12:03 AM
Seems almost everywhere I go I get a compliment or hear people comment on the car! My car has a rough idle that throws people off. So I would like to hear everything people tell all you guys! Alot of people never heard a Cadi rumble!

Favorite I've ever gotten was at a gas station and an older man walked to me and said: "OOOOOOHWEEEE! You put dem pipes on der or it come like dat!?

Everyone please share! I think this could turn out to be a cool thread.

odthetruth
04-16-12, 12:50 AM
I have headers with no cats into cutouts, and I had an older guy on a motorcycle pull up after i pulled past these trucks and he goes "GOD DAMN, THOSE PIPES SOUND GREAT. YOU WOKE ME UP!"

I also had a little old lady in a VW Jetta give me a thumbs up. I think that was good too. LOL

Noriega7
04-16-12, 12:55 AM
Right!? I have the same combo as you and just installed my electric cutouts and hear people walking passed saying "is that a f*ckin Cadi!?" Priceless gotta love what a cam can do to a car lol

Wingsfan4life
04-16-12, 02:18 AM
Lol...when the guys at work first saw my Raven V

"WTH!!! Did you turn into a Pimp!?"

and the chicks at the Lake "damn dude! We could use you're car as a mirror to put on our make up!"

I get tons of em' but these two were the best! Lol

rand49er
04-16-12, 09:15 AM
Got two:

1) Last year, someone thought my car was new (it was 6-1/2 yrs old at the time) and

2) The other assistant coach on my son's baseball team (I'm the other one) said, "Man, does your car sound good." This was after I moved it into another parking spot in the school's parking lot. Btw, he's an engineer for Hyundai.

Bigron
04-16-12, 09:24 AM
1) Last year, someone thought my car was new (it was 6-1/2 yrs old at the time) and

Funny people see pictures of my old V and new V parked next to each other and claim they can't tell the difference. Nice to see a design hold up over time.

Randy any MI meets coming up that you have heard of?

http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/865a7bec.jpg

perfect
04-16-12, 09:27 AM
I love when people give a thumbs up or take my car's picture when I'm cruising down the road. Open cutouts and a cammed/headered engine help a lot!

TheLostDriver
04-16-12, 02:18 PM
I haven't gotten much comments on the car since I hardly drive it and just got it last oct but you guys are making me look forward to getting heads/cam n cutouts. Longtubes/exhaust are comin in tomorrow and I'm absolutely anxious for that

LAYGO
04-16-12, 05:19 PM
I got more compliments/looks in 2 weeks than the previous 10 months after deleting the mufflers/resonator + xpipe & the Black Tire Coat. I see people now turning heads when they hear me when I was pretty much never looked at before while stock exhaust.

PISNUOFF
04-16-12, 05:49 PM
My favorite is when their windows roll down at stop lights. 2nd favorite is when their windows roll up at stop lights. The fully built 418 with cutouts and 3" exhaust help.

tommy compton
04-16-12, 06:09 PM
My least favorate compliment was "nice car, does that have the Hemi in it?"

odthetruth
04-16-12, 06:35 PM
I think this may have jinxed me because today...

I'm at stop all way sign... I stop, cop on other stop sign stops... I go ahead (right of way) cop turns with me and then pulls me over and goes "open the dumps". I'm like "what?" so then he says the exhaust dumps and they just wanna hear it. They were insistent and almost giddish. So I open it up and he's like "rev it", so I do and then they give me the thumbs up and were like "that sounds great dude. What do u got done? Is it fast?" And then afterwards, they said bye and left. Talk about a NYPD WTF moment.

CancerJCC
04-16-12, 07:01 PM

I'm at stop all way sign... I stop, cop on other stop sign stops... I go ahead (right of way) cop turns with me and then pulls me over and goes "open the dumps". I'm like "what?" so then he says the exhaust dumps and they just wanna hear it. They were insistent and almost giddish. So I open it up and he's like "rev it", so I do and then they give me the thumbs up and were like "that sounds great dude. What do u got done? Is it fast?" And then afterwards, they said bye and left. Talk about a NYPD WTF moment.

Lol that is great! I'm always nervous about those encounters. I've also have been asked for a little rev by our local PD. It could be a cool car guy or it might be some arsehole who is trying to entrap you.

D3l7a3ch0
04-16-12, 08:12 PM
went to lunch with a girl who used to admire me in high school--she's completed her nursing degree at this point, which was paid for with the help of her ex-boyfriend. are you seeing the picture I'm painting for you here? I take my time exiting the car, to give her time open her own door. then she says,"the new cadillac is really nice, I like it! then I chuckled and said no, this is a -07, the new body style looks wayyy different.

she did a long, double take at the side of the car--looking so handsome and statuesque in its parking spot.

and in that moment she realized I have her pegged as the gold digger she are--and I might, might not ask when we could hang out again.

thanks to Cadillac Styling, the V's power...

this car is like catnip to social climbers

MO POWA!
04-16-12, 08:20 PM
I got a good one, when i had just gotten the car done (402 F1 procharger etc...) i pull into a gas station and and park next to this OLD lady pumping gas in her cadillac. She asked in an annoyed old lady voice "IS THAT CADILLAC SUPPOSE TO SOUND LIKE THAT!!?" omg we were rofl lol.

D3l7a3ch0
04-16-12, 08:33 PM
newsflash: the girls want the same toys the boys have.......

jwilson2598
04-16-12, 09:37 PM
I got 2 over the weekend:

1. "Is that an LS1 in there?"

2. (at AutoZone) "Is that one of those Cadillacs with the Corvette engine?"

Schneig07CTS
04-16-12, 09:44 PM
Had to have a state inspection on the V to get it titled. (Borla cat backs) when I pulled it into the shop I saw a guy bang his head on the hood three doors down. Lady who was running it "open the hood and go back in that room and close the door" . As I am walking away I see a crowd assembling. I walk into the room where my rebuilder is (IL has all kinds of BS for rebuilt titles) and say "watch this". You can hear the commotion growing before a guy busts in the door and says "what the hell do you have here? Is this a special edition or something?". Rebuiler looks at me and goes man you gotta let me drive that car now. He dumped his Mercedes for one. As I leave everyone piles out "discretely" you know I gave them what they wanted. cheers.

AAIIIC
04-16-12, 10:49 PM
At a track event last year. Morning of day 2, I was rotating the tires and bleeding the brakes in the paddock. Two middle-aged local gents walked up and one of them in his Nawth Cackalacky drawl asked, "Now, y'all wouldn't be gettin' ready to take this out there and embarrass some sports cars with it?"

"Well, I don't know about embarrassing any of them..."

"Awww, c'mon now. We saw you out there yesterday. You were faster than all them Vettes. Sounded better, too."

:D

GDPossehl
04-16-12, 10:55 PM
While cruising slowly through one of the scenic overlooks at Deal's Gap with the cutouts open I hear from one of the older bikers "That's a badass Cadillac." Then I heard some more of the same from other bikers when I parked it at the rest stop at the base of the NC side. The black wheels at the time helped the "badass" part.

JFensty
04-16-12, 11:00 PM
While driving in downtown Philly,stopped at a light. A homeless man with a sign walks up. A crooked smile comes across his dirty face showing his rotten and missing teeth and he says" is this the corvette cadillac?" It was worth the 5 dollars i gave him just to see that.

Noriega7
04-17-12, 12:06 AM
Was next to a new camaro that came off the off ramp and he kept burpin it so I down shifted and blew the doors off. When we got to a stop light he rolled down the window and told me it sounds "bad ass, that ain't no Cadillac!"

Another was at Autozone I walked in and said hey my car is missing but no check engine light! Could one of you help me? I started the car and with the choppy idle, the guy instantly said "wow that is missing pretty bad..." needless to say, they couldn't diagnose my misfire :)

PISNUOFF
04-17-12, 08:10 AM
All time favorite from a guy driving a Lotus Exige at the track. My gf at the time overheard him saying this to his buddy.

"What's that guy in the Cadillac think he's doing out here with us?"

After passing him then lapping him in a 20 minute session he just walked past it with his mouth open. I smiled and waved. He obviously had NO idea how to drive his car.

Bertbart
04-17-12, 09:27 AM
People every where say "That is a beautiful car." "Is it new?" I say it's new to me. Then I tell them it's a 2005 and their jaws drop. I am also amazed at how many people immediatelty know what it is. One guy was describing my car to a buddy, "That's one of those four door Corvettes."

FoD
04-17-12, 01:18 PM
Not really a compliment, but I'll take it...

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...ever, happened today. I pull into my neighborhood this afternoon, and there is an older man, 60's I'd guess riding a bicycle down the street...wearing a helmet. He waved as we approached, I waved back...I don't know this guy, but that's what people do down south. As I passed, he followed the car with his eyes, completely turning his head around as I rumbled by him...then it happened. Since he was eye-f*cking my car like never before, he must have forgotten he was riding a bike, because all I see in the rearview is his front tire hit the curb, and over the bars he went right into someones front yard. Classic. I almost hit a parked car I was laughing so hard. I did not stop or turn around...I did see him get up so I assume he was okay. I wish I had that on video though.

GDPossehl
04-17-12, 01:21 PM
Not really a compliment, but I'll take it...

One of the funniest things I have ever seen...ever, happened today. I pull into my neighborhood this afternoon, and there is an older man, 60's I'd guess riding a bicycle down the street...wearing a helmet. He waved as we approached, I waved back...I don't know this guy, but that's what people do down south. As I passed, he followed the car with his eyes, completely turning his head around as I rumbled by him...then it happened. Since he was eye-f*cking my car like never before, he must have forgotten he was riding a bike, because all I see in the rearview is his front tire hit the curb, and over the bars he went right into someones front yard. Classic. I almost hit a parked car I was laughing so hard. I did not stop or turn around...I did see him get up so I assume he was okay. I wish I had that on video though.

LOL reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ze9nZk0K-w

I think my Waynes World VHS was fuzzy during this scene because of how many times i'd rewound and watched it in slow mo

Overd0s3
04-17-12, 09:38 PM
My plate reads "IM LATE" so people allllwaysss take pics on the highway

but my favorite one was at the mall kid about 17 goes :

"DAMN THATS NO CADDY WHAT YOU GOT IN THERE???"

oh also not a verbal compliment but nontheless:

Right after I installed my HID fogs it was night time and I was just cruising on the local roads and a kid maybe 14 in his bicycle couldn't stop staring and turned his head nearly 180 degrees then ran into a sign and fell off his bike I SWEAR it was so funny

SVT Lurch
04-17-12, 11:18 PM
Two guys at work had just purchased new cars the same week I picked up my V (about two months ago). One bought a 2011 Mustang (the new 5.0) and the other a new Camaro. The guy with the Camaro emailed me after they saw my car and said, "Well I guess I'm not the fastest car in the parking lot any more." I replied "What do you mean?" (all car are stock and my understanding is it should be a driver's race). He said "I have no chance against a 556 horsepower car." I laughed as I replied that mine was an 07 - the non-supercharged ones.

Jeremyt
04-18-12, 01:18 AM
After i got the cam in my car in dec., i went to the mikes express car wash and pulled in and a girl walked up and goes.." welcome to mikes what can i...did you do something to your car?"
I replied" yeah i put an exhaust on it and some other stuff"....to which she replied...."gosh this thing sounds awsome.."

Then just yesterday i went back to the car wash and the girl was there again.....the conversation went like this....

Girl: oh hey you havnt been in here in a while..
Me: yeah ive been working a lot lately havnt had time to wash it.
Girl: well you need to get in here more often so i can drool over it.....

lol

PISNUOFF
04-18-12, 06:09 AM
"That's a Cadillac?"

"Yes"

"Is it fast?"

"No"

"Oh, I thought you made it ridiculous"

"It has an exhaust leak"

"Oh"

----------

My gf with a straight face at the Woodward Dreamcruise.

"What do you got in that thing?"

"It's a two four dual overhead cam with an exhaust leak."

She also told some bikers that it's stock with an exhaust leak while I was inside the gas station. It was idling with the cutouts open. This is what I got when I walked out.

"That thing is stock with an exhaust leak? You shouldn't fix it. It sounds good the way it is."

Twitch
04-18-12, 04:29 PM
I love when people stop talking to watch my car going by.
But my favorite:
My friend owns a bimmer and thinks German cars are god's gift (you see where this is going....) The owner of HIS BMW shop couldn't stop talking about my car, my car got more attention at HIS BMW get-together and, at the BMW dealer (while picking up a part for his Bimmer that was stuck on the side of the road) a salesman going for a test drive was overheard telling the buyer that my car was the fastest sport sedan in the world.

So satisfying :alchi:

SevillianSTS
04-19-12, 12:08 PM
At the gas station had a lady (probably 40's or 50's) compliment my car. She then said how she was interested in buying one.

Then.... what kind of gas mileage does it get?

I just smiled and said "it has a 6L v8 engine"

Put an end to that conversation.

----------

ohh... forgot about one.

So we just walked out of the movie theater after watching Fast Five... see where this is going.

As I swing the rear end out sideways as we pull onto this side street... these two kids jaws literally droped open.

6 SPEED Z
04-19-12, 12:28 PM
Cruise nights here locally are the best

"Who did the engine swap"

"It's a 6 speed ?"

thebigjimsho
04-19-12, 05:32 PM
Yep, my favorite is the befuddled look upon seeing a stick shift.

After installing the B&B headers, sans cats, to the existing B&B exhaust, the prominent question is "What the hell is in that thing?"

LAYGO
04-19-12, 09:06 PM
LOL, speaking of 6 speed, my coworker was telling his wife about my car. He mentioned that it was stick & she was like "Uh no, Cadillac don't make manuals". LOL, he was IN my car watching me shift & he drives a stick too.

SevillianSTS
04-19-12, 10:03 PM
I had the car in to the dealer a while back.
As he was writing up my info on the computer they had a lady who pulls them forward; or onto where ever the car needs to go next...
She gets half way in and says... ohh, not this one... its a stick.

"Muscle Car in an Armani suit"

ahahnu
04-19-12, 11:41 PM
"2011 All GM Show Celebrity Choice Award" from Bill Miller owner of the Carlisle Fairgrounds.

Noriega7
04-21-12, 02:27 PM
On my way to cash my check yesterday and a f150 that was infront of me at the light pulls into the bank, jumps out of his truck and says "what the hell is that thing!?" I told him Cadillac and he replied "holy shit I heard you behind me at the light and had to know!" So when I left I opened the cutouts and watched his jaw drop :)

DDS rollin a CTS
04-21-12, 06:33 PM
Since I did the muffler delete I've lost count of how many people have stopped me at lights or in parking lots and complimented the sound. If the situation permits, I usually treat them to a bit of a generous throttle application right after as thanks. I cant wait to get the B&B headers so I can install them and the B&B exhaust thats sitting in my garage.

LAYGO
04-22-12, 12:36 PM
Friday night, I pulled into Denton Square & there were some people sitting at a table right in front of where I was parking. I got out, next thing I know, the guy sitting down was walking towards me, shook my hand & said "she sounds perfect man. Awesome." He may or may not have been drunk.

Aurora40
04-22-12, 06:14 PM
I mostly only get backhanded compliments... Like people ask "Is that the new CTS-V?", to which I reply "No, this was the first generation". To which they say something in a disappointed voice like "Oh, well it still looks pretty nice". Or they say "Is that the car with 500hp?", to which I reply "No, it only has 400". To which they say something in a disappointed voice like "Oh, well that's still pretty good".

dangrus
04-22-12, 09:02 PM
I don't get any sideline comments.... I must be doing something wrong.

The on ramp next to my house is short and sweat so I go there when taking someone for a ride.

"Now that's what I am talking about!!!"
"I have never felt a car do that before." <got that from 2 different people
"Dude, that never gets old"
"Is your speedo correct? We hit that in no time."

I wish I had a mic in the passenger side of the dash to record comments.

SevillianSTS
04-22-12, 10:50 PM
I wish I had a mic in the passenger side of the dash to record comments.

Don't we have a "memo" record on the nav unit ? Turn that on next time you take someone for a spin, lol. not sure how long it records for though.

odthetruth
04-23-12, 12:55 AM
Don't we have a "memo" record on the nav unit ? Turn that on next time you take someone for a spin, lol. not sure how long it records for though.

Please say this is true. LOL I'm going to go downstairs and check for this. I used to use my 03 memo recording (which was on the driver's visor) all the time. It was so handy.

I hate my AMG
04-23-12, 01:30 AM
Yeah theres a memo record option I don't know how u would get off off tho if you did manage to snag a good moment

atdeneve
04-30-12, 12:15 PM

NYPD rarely, if ever, mess with you. You'd have to go out of your way to get them on your tail.

I once saw a pair of old Hondas with loud ass fart cans and slammed suspension (one was a teal station wagon, with the rear bay filled with boxes and blankets thrown over them) flying up the West Side Highway. The rate of speed that they were traveling at was pretty alarming so they instantly piqued my interest. They were literally hauling arse and it was only midday, a time when the highway isn't exactly sparse in traffic - actually, it was starting to get pretty crowded and they looked to be going about twice the speed of everyone else traveling at usual highway speeds; they had some big schwetty ballz.

At the time, any sign of a fast moving vehicle automatically induced an involuntary chase response (like Pavlov's Dog) and, as I flicked my signals to slide over into the next lane, I saw a 300C (non-SRT) closing in from behind at an equally alarming rate. I quickly flicked off my signal to let the car pass first, so that he wouldn't have to stand on his brakes. The 300C, however, apparently making use of his eyes - unlike a lot of drivers who travel at speeds qualifying for low orbital flight - caught glimpse of my signals and quickly decelerated anyways, commencing to hover at my rear quarters, waiting for me to slip into the lane. I quickly dropped into third and obliged. I gunned it and tried to make way towards the crazy hombres in the Hondas. However, by that time they were already clear out of sight - these guys were literally hauling some serious backside and I am still amazed at the size of their big schwetty ballz; those Hondas looked pretty shoddily put together, with what looked like zero suspension travel, and, combined with the high rate of speed, they looked like veritable death traps on wheels.

With the amount of traffic building up, I wasn't going to catch up to them anytime soon and with this 300C doing everything he could to follow my every step, I just ducked out and took the next exit. The 300C followed suit, which seemed odd. I pulled up to the next light and the 300C pulled up right next to me. I look over and this big dude, sittin low, signals to lower my window. He nods and says, "Man, good driving. You're almost as good as me [though, really, there was nothing particularly exceptional about that stretch of driving]," then rolls away. Dude was SVU.

I can only assume he must have been chasing the two Hondas - just for kicks - and then decided to follow me, instead. Granted, he doesn't deal with traffic violations, but he is part of the New York police department and dude was apparently chasing cars just for kicks.

Regardless, even marked NYPD cars that do deal with traffic violations rarely stop you, unless you're just begging for it.

Was next to a new camaro that came off the off ramp and he kept burpin it so I down shifted and blew the doors off. When we got to a stop light he rolled down the window and told me it sounds "bad ass, that ain't no Cadillac!"

Another was at Autozone I walked in and said hey my car is missing but no check engine light! Could one of you help me? I started the car and with the choppy idle, the guy instantly said "wow that is missing pretty bad..." needless to say, they couldn't diagnose my misfire :)

Guy at an alignment shop tried to convince me that there was something wrong with my car, saying that it was running rough and misfiring. When I told him it was just the cam lope, judging by the perplexed look on his face, he didn't seem to understand and he went right back to emphasizing that my engine was misfiring. Unsurprisingly, they did a crappy job on the alignment.

odthetruth
04-30-12, 04:00 PM
NYPD rarely, if ever, mess with you. You'd have to go out of your way to get them on your tail.

I once saw a pair of old Hondas with loud ass fart cans and slammed suspension (one was a teal station wagon, with the rear bay filled with boxes and blankets thrown over them) flying up the West Side Highway. The rate of speed that they were traveling at was pretty alarming so they instantly piqued my interest. They were literally hauling arse and it was only midday, a time when the highway isn't exactly sparse in traffic - actually, it was starting to get pretty crowded and they looked to be going about twice the speed of everyone else traveling at usual highway speeds; they had some big schwetty ballz.

At the time, any sign of a fast moving vehicle automatically induced an involuntary chase response (like Pavlov's Dog) and, as I flicked my signals to slide over into the next lane, I saw a 300C (non-SRT) closing in from behind at an equally alarming rate. I quickly flicked off my signal to let the car pass first, so that he wouldn't have to stand on his brakes. The 300C, however, apparently making use of his eyes - unlike a lot of drivers who travel at speeds qualifying for low orbital flight - caught glimpse of my signals and quickly decelerated anyways, commencing to hover at my rear quarters, waiting for me to slip into the lane. I quickly dropped into third and obliged. I gunned it and tried to make way towards the crazy hombres in the Hondas. However, by that time they were already clear out of sight - these guys were literally hauling some serious backside and I am still amazed at the size of their big schwetty ballz; those Hondas looked pretty shoddily put together, with what looked like zero suspension travel, and, combined with the high rate of speed, they looked like veritable death traps on wheels.

With the amount of traffic building up, I wasn't going to catch up to them anytime soon and with this 300C doing everything he could to follow my every step, I just ducked out and took the next exit. The 300C followed suit, which seemed odd. I pulled up to the next light and the 300C pulled up right next to me. I look over and this big dude, sittin low, signals to lower my window. He nods and says, "Man, good driving. You're almost as good as me [though, really, there was nothing particularly exceptional about that stretch of driving]," then rolls away. Dude was SVU.

I can only assume he must have been chasing the two Hondas - just for kicks - and then decided to follow me, instead. Granted, he doesn't deal with traffic violations, but he is part of the New York police department and dude was apparently chasing cars just for kicks.

Regardless, even marked NYPD cars that do deal with traffic violations rarely stop you, unless you're just begging for it.

Guy at an alignment shop tried to convince me that there was something wrong with my car, saying that it was running rough and misfiring. When I told him it was just the cam lope, judging by the perplexed look on his face, he didn't seem to understand and he went right back to emphasizing that my engine was misfiring. Unsurprisingly, they did a crappy job on the alignment.

I'll agree to disagree here. While I do agree there are certain places where NYPD will hassle you less, here in Brooklyn, and in the Bronx, they DO have a habit of stopping cars. I've been pulled over by the same cops 3 times when I first got the V here in Brooklyn, and that was while I was babying it and still getting used to the then-stock crappy shifter. I had one cop threaten to give me a loud exhaust ticket... on a fully stock exhaust (pre-cut out install and pre-headers)

All depends the area. 190th and Amsterdam is much worse then 34th and 6th for random stops in manhattan.

danrob0123
05-01-12, 10:45 AM
Don't come out to Suffolk county guys. I got 5 tickets at once including reckless driving for rolling through a stop sign on a side road in my small town. I had to go to court for it and the judge read me the d***head sherrif's statement. He literally wrote down that there were cars that had to swerve off the road to avoid collision. I could not believe it. 4k for a lawyer, a witness statement, and 3 more court dates of not having my lisence later, I get away with just the stop sign ticket. F*** Suffolk county sherrifs.

CTSV_510
05-01-12, 11:06 AM
I get compliments all the time...but some of the best are when people just take pictures.

odthetruth
05-01-12, 09:44 PM
Don't come out to Suffolk county guys. I got 5 tickets at once including reckless driving for rolling through a stop sign on a side road in my small town. I had to go to court for it and the judge read me the d***head sherrif's statement. He literally wrote down that there were cars that had to swerve off the road to avoid collision. I could not believe it. 4k for a lawyer, a witness statement, and 3 more court dates of not having my lisence later, I get away with just the stop sign ticket. F*** Suffolk county sherrifs.

LOL Has to be Long Island. I actually almost got a damn ticket with my fiance in the car coming from GPNY. These tiny townfolk cops are ridiculous. He basically argued me down and told me I took off with him right behind me, speeding in excess of over 60mph in the rain in the goddamn forest basically. Good thing I had my dash cam, because if he hadn't just decided to let it go, I would have had proof of my word. Otherwise, I'd be SOL.

It seems the guys who actually have seen action in their career would rather not see it and are just generally much better people, and the guys who are bored out of their minds, or fresh out the academy, haggle the s**t out of people. LOL

atdeneve
05-02-12, 04:25 AM
I'll agree to disagree here. While I do agree there are certain places where NYPD will hassle you less, here in Brooklyn, and in the Bronx, they DO have a habit of stopping cars. I've been pulled over by the same cops 3 times when I first got the V here in Brooklyn, and that was while I was babying it and still getting used to the then-stock crappy shifter. I had one cop threaten to give me a loud exhaust ticket... on a fully stock exhaust (pre-cut out install and pre-headers)

All depends the area. 190th and Amsterdam is much worse then 34th and 6th for random stops in manhattan.

No, dude, you're right - I totally agree. I should have qualified my statement. I was talking more about just Manhattan. The other boroughs and New Jersey are fair game but, basically, yeah it really depends on the area.

odthetruth
05-02-12, 05:40 AM
No, dude, you're right - I totally agree. I should have qualified my statement. I was talking more about just Manhattan. The other boroughs and New Jersey are fair game but, basically, yeah it really depends on the area.

Yeah definitely. Manhattan (under 125th st at least) is definitely better than the other boroughs.

Man, how many V1s are out here? I've only seen 2 V1s out here, and 1 was jnrandall. LOL

rand49er
05-15-12, 08:23 AM
Went to Lowe's yesterday in my V. Came out (empty handed), got into the car, and fired it up. The car gives a nice little roar at startup even without touching the throttle. Scanning the area while putting it in gear before easing out of the parking spot, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw some old guy (about my age :rolleyes:) and his wife. He was pushing one of those flat-bed carts into the store, and he was staring to his right and right at my car seemingly VERY interested in what was making that sound and in disbelief that it was a Cadillac making that musical sound. I kept looking back at him, and he was staring and staring. Great compliment.

TheLostDriver
05-15-12, 04:01 PM
Nice. I finally got my first real compliment. Went bowling Friday and had this kid follow me into the parking lot. I nearly jumped out and started a fight until he screamed out damn that's a bad ass soundin caddy. Lol

shadybx7
05-16-12, 12:16 PM
old man in a Factory five Cobra replica, pulled up to my car at a stop light yesterday and said "damn son, that thing sounds mean."

AmigoBB
05-16-12, 04:37 PM
Cabbie missing a few teeth said "sounds amazing bro" after I pulled 3rd gear in a tunnel. That one was pretty funny. I love the fact that my buddy with a new Camaro SS said "I never get compliments". Me, I have gotten over a dozen, some from guys, some from girls but each one makes me love my car a little more!

OneFast V
05-16-12, 06:15 PM
yesterday went to Radioshack to pick up some fuses and the employee was standing outside says "dude is that an intercooler? (pause).. no way nevermind." I reply "actually its a heat exchanger and it is supercharged". To which he says "woah! that is pretty bada$$". needless to say i got great customer service once i walked inside haha.

PISNUOFF
05-17-12, 06:33 AM
Was at the drag strip last Saturday and saw the 'imposter' that's running around my town that people are mistaking for me. It's a black V with black stock wheels also. He has a magnaflow exhaust though. There was a guy about 50 staring at it and as I walked up he said in an excited 10 year old voice, "that's a V, you know!" All I could do was chuckle and say "yeah". It was a compliment for all V's in general. He promptly ran a 14.41. He about crapped himself later when I started mine up with open cutouts. I hope more people think I'm him and want to race. Lol

Last week: That thing have an exhaust kit? No, it has a full three inch exhaust with headers? That's badass! No, what's badass is the 418 stroker in front of that.

In the middle of my scolding from an officer last Sunday: ...and to be honest, it's pretty sweet....

SevillianSTS
05-17-12, 10:10 AM
Did you mean a 13.41 ?

Tityrous
05-17-12, 11:09 AM
My favorite is when I'm filling up the 04 and someone asks is that the new supercharged one? My answer is no that one is at home....

PISNUOFF
05-17-12, 12:33 PM
Did you mean a 13.41 ?

I meant 14.41. I have it on video also. I was ashamed for the V community. The track is about 1100' above sea level, but it was only 52 degrees out. I ran at that track two weeks ago in 80 deg weather and ran mid 12's, only about 2 tenths slower than I ran there last summer.

Noriega7
05-19-12, 08:35 PM
Was at the track last night and it seemed like every other person had somethin to say! Had the cutouts open all night so definitely got some attention.

My favorite one was opening the hood for the tech guy and when he seen the patriot stamp on the heads and corvette covers he said "I knew you were hiding something! This is the meanest Cadillac I've ever heard!" Another was the guy pitted next to me. Walks up and says "is this the 500hp one!?" "No I wish." "Well it sure sounds like it! Watched you run, if you had street slicks you would do some damage!"

kciaccio
05-19-12, 10:19 PM
I just helped a neighbor whose mustang broke down on a feeder road. As I was standing there with my neighbors the tow truck driver started going nuts saying "Is that an 07? Man tgat was the one that could beat a vett. That is the first sedan faster than a Corvette."

Funny some of the myths that are out there.lol

I didn't even try to correct them he was so excited. Did feel good watching my neighbors standing there while he was going ape shit over the V.

Sometimes you think friends and neighbors think your full of crap when you tell them it has a Corvette drivetrain.

SevillianSTS
05-19-12, 10:53 PM
hey Pisnuoff... you have any videos online ? Would love to hear your car.
also, who makes your cuts outs, and where'd you get them ?
Thanks.

CTSV_510
05-19-12, 10:53 PM
Sometimes you think friends and neighbors think your full of crap when you tell them it has a Corvette drivetrain.

I found out one day this guy was talking sh!t behind my back about my car....telling everyone I was an idiot for putting a corvette motor in a CTS because I'll just blow up the trans. :histeric:

SevillianSTS
05-20-12, 10:40 AM
I found out one day this guy was talking sh!t behind my back about my car....telling everyone I was an idiot for putting a corvette motor in a CTS because I'll just blow up the trans. :histeric:

I suppose he thinks :worship: Carroll Shelby is an idiot too for putting a large motor in a little car.

Haters be Haters.... Oh well... their missing out on all the fun!

PISNUOFF
05-21-12, 06:34 AM
hey Pisnuoff... you have any videos online ? Would love to hear your car.
also, who makes your cuts outs, and where'd you get them ?
Thanks.

DMH low profile cutouts installed just before the mufflers. Order them directly from DMH. It's a lot louder in person than in this cell phone vid. My YouTube ID is hotrodctsv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIDyhkZnB4

rand49er
05-21-12, 08:19 AM
DMH low profile cutouts installed just before the mufflers. Order them directly from DMH. It's a lot louder in person than in this cell phone vid. My YouTube ID is hotrodctsv.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIDyhkZnB4Yeah, that vid's audio just doesn't provide the real-life experience ... you're right. Den_93 gave us a first-hand sampling at a get together earlier this month, and it is indeed LOUD. :worship:

PISNUOFF
05-21-12, 12:34 PM
Just now:

"The reason I pulled you over is I really love your car and I wanted to see it......"

"Do you want me to open the hood?"

"No, that would get me too excited.... Get on it a little bit after you go under the bridge."

odthetruth
05-22-12, 01:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZIDyhkZnB4

L-O-L. I can tell thats a monster. No camera does the exhausts justice.

thebigjimsho
05-23-12, 12:44 PM
When I broke my flange bolts putting on the B&B catback, I had to drive it to a shop a mile away. Just headers makes it sound like its on the pole at Talladega...

PISNUOFF
05-23-12, 02:28 PM
On the pole.

thebigjimsho
05-23-12, 04:31 PM
Tally ho!

SevillianSTS
05-23-12, 05:03 PM
Driving a 2010 3.6 DI right now as a loaner while the V is in for tranny work. My car is black, this loaner is silver, had a guy at work ask if I had my car repainted. I just smiled at first, then told him what was up.
Some real nice features to the 2nd generation, and the 3.6 is peppy, and hella good on gas; but I do miss the 6.0 monster :)

thebigjimsho
05-23-12, 08:43 PM
Truck motorz.

CancerJCC
05-23-12, 09:26 PM
When I broke my flange bolts putting on the B&B catback, I had to drive it to a shop a mile away. Just headers makes it sound like its on the pole at Talladega...

I had to fire mine up mid install to hear it with headers only. Indeed NASCAR loud!

Noriega7
05-25-12, 01:12 AM
At the light just now a cop signaled me to roll down my window.
Cop: "What is in that thing!?"
Me: "Just an ls6 :)"
Cop: "Holy shit!!!!"
light turned green I said peace and drove away while they sat and watched!

Noriega7
05-25-12, 12:19 PM
I was halfway tempted to open the cutouts but then id never be able to get away withbeing loud, they'd be onto me!

SevillianSTS
06-11-12, 08:34 PM
Just got home.... Was driving and saw a early 90's mustang ahead, slowly got up beside him and then geared down... was waiting for him to romp on the gas, instead he was yelling " is that thing a CTS-V" I nodded my head ya... he was like "those things are badass".

thebigjimsho
06-12-12, 01:17 PM
Just got home.... Was driving and saw a early 90's mustang ahead, slowly got up beside him and then geared down... was waiting for him to romp on the gas, instead he was yelling " is that thing a CTS-V" I nodded my head ya... he was like "those things are badass".

I had a guy in an '03/04 Cobra vert going nuts that my Caddy pulled on him from 80-155. A few lengths. He was flashing his lights like crazy to slow down to chat...

kpowers05
06-12-12, 06:23 PM
I love the common "is that the supercharged one?" to which I always say "no, it's just the 400 hp one."

Another one I loved went like this:

The wife & I decided to drive down to Pigeon Forge this past Sat night. Was coming out of a convenience store & there was a group of "ricers" gathered in the parking lot with their hoods popped. I noticed them looking as I got in the car. I started it then heard the comments start. "Oh shit!"
"What is that?!"
(My favorite cause it was a girl) "HOLY HELL!"

Backed out of the spot and idled between their two rows of cars. One kid says "Damn that thing sounds wicked!" Then as I start to pull out I hear "Holy shit! It's a straight drive!!!"

LOL I love that. I also love when I come up beside a guy in something else and his girl can't take her eyes off my car. The look on his face is priceless. Even better when she leans out the window and says "Nice car!"

This has to be my favorite out of all though. A guy on a local car forum posted this after I put up a video of mine after I went catless with headers.

"You took that line 'When I start my car up, I want people to think the world is coming to an end' seriously."

nvthev
06-12-12, 09:29 PM
"that's a 6 speed?, no way!!!!!"

06BlackV
06-13-12, 02:11 AM
Pulled up to a couple older dudes in a 2012 gt 5.0 mustang , to which i heard one say "must be daddys car" (im 23) then i pull ahead and got in front of them only so they can read my "notDads" license plate :hehe:

odthetruth
06-13-12, 02:52 AM
I had one recently that kinda pissed me off...

I was picking up my girl and my kids and my nephew from the "in laws" house, and my son (who is about to be 2) laughs whenever I rev the car. I revved it so he could see it was me, and some young girl says "Fake ass motorcycle" when she walks past. LMAO I had to laugh, but at the same time, my face was like

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg

I was planning on saying "Beats that metrocard"... but figured I didn't even want to stoop to some teeny boppers level.

PISNUOFF
06-13-12, 07:58 AM
I took mine to the Super Summit car show at Summit Racing last weekend and can't count the number of "that thing is sooo badass" comments as I drove through to find a parking spot. Then it was totally paparazzi'd the whole time. My buddies in their cars behind me tell me it's always funny to see the looks and comments as I drive past anyone. I'm going to start having them video them.

SevillianSTS
06-13-12, 09:09 AM
Pulled up to a couple older dudes in a 2012 gt 5.0 mustang , to which i heard one say "must be daddys car" (im 23) then i pull ahead and got in front of them only so they can read my "notDads" license plate :hehe:

Thats awesome :thumbsup:

CadzillaTN
06-14-12, 12:10 AM
I had one recently that kinda pissed me off...

I was picking up my girl and my kids and my nephew from the "in laws" house, and my son (who is about to be 2) laughs whenever I rev the car. I revved it so he could see it was me, and some young girl says "Fake ass motorcycle" when she walks past. LMAO I had to laugh, but at the same time, my face was like

I was planning on saying "Beats that metrocard"... but figured I didn't even want to stoop to some teeny boppers level.

That's funny..

I still have a metrocard in my wallet from when I was in manhattan a couple months ago.

odthetruth
06-17-12, 03:34 AM
Earlier today, I was driving around my neighborhood locally (and when I say locally, I mean literally 2 blocks from my house), and a white BMW M5 on white rims I normally see parked is driving. I look in the driver's mirror, and notice its a good looking chick. When we moved from light to light, she looked back, because I had my cutouts opened. She moves to the side to give me some room to pull up. As I'm pulling up alongside her, she has her head basically out her window, looking. Real cute redhead. She smiles at me, I smile at her, and I ended up having to take off. Had a few people in my car. As cute as she was... that was in the DANGER ZONE... like 1-2 blocks from my house.

The V gets alot of attention... especially now with headers and cutouts. lol People normally don't expect it at all. I'm just glad she didn't ask to run it. Her V10 E60 would have eaten me alive, no doubt. Maybe other eating? Who knows... Carpets to drapes comparison is what kept running thru my head as I drove off. LMAO

thebigjimsho
06-17-12, 04:45 PM
Way to bring the place down...

CadzillaTN
06-17-12, 07:06 PM
Carpets to drapes comparison is what kept running thru my head as I drove off. LMAO

Most of those city girls run hardwood floors

heavymetals
04-17-14, 04:30 PM
I was grocery shopping and when I am leaving, as I am backing out a woman motions for me to roll my window down.

She was parked next to me.

She declares," What have you got in that, a suped-up Corvette motor? It made me jump when you started it".

I told her,"Yup".

She says," Sounds pretty neat!"

:thumbsup:

2007-V
04-17-14, 04:35 PM
Awesome!

My best was this guy in his 70s, true cowboy from the looks of it was pulling into the same restaurant I did.

As I walked in he said "I aint never heard no Cadillac sound like that before".

I smiled and said "yeah, not many do".

About 45 minutes later I walked by his table as I was leaving and he was talking to his friends about it.

Reasons why I love my car #17

johnashleyv
04-28-14, 11:57 AM
My best was I was at a car show at Advance Auto. One of the employee's comes up and looks under the hood and goes "wow, how much did it cost to get that in there"? haha. And thats who we buy our parts from? lol

AAIIIC
04-28-14, 06:02 PM
I had an older guy pull up next to me at a stoplight a few months back lean over and say, "Whooooo! You got an F-18 in there or sumthin'?!" I told him it was a Vette motor, and then the light turned green and I let him hear it through the intersection. :D

seeyouinajif
04-29-14, 03:17 PM
Had my home inspection last week, inspector saw my car and asked if it was the V. I said yes. ten minutes later as we are looking at the foundation he goes "that has the V8 right?". yes. again another ten minutes, inside the house now, "is that a corvette motor?" yes. now we are in the attic, another 10 minutes later, "is that a manual transmission?" yes. Then he says "so when we're done here you can take my avalanche and i'll drive that home right? NO. haha.

AAIIIC
04-30-14, 05:35 PM
Another one from a few months back that I had forgotten about... At work a little late, was moving something through a hallway and asked some random guy that stepped out of an office for a hand. I've never met the guy, and wouldn't know him from Adam, but apparently he recognized me.

"You're the guy that drives that hot rod Cadillac around here, right?"
"Yeah, that's me."
"Man, that thing sounds like... [lost for words]... Well, I don't know what it sounds like, but ... [incredulous tone] Man!"

:D