: 2001 Deville VIN Y - head gasket repair on Long Island ?

Rim1
03-13-12, 10:08 PM
I bought my 01 deville with 118,000 miles a week ago and im guessing it has a head gasket issue.Once its warm up the temp continues to climb i haven't driven it its been parked since.The person i bought it from said the car has nothing wrong and it turned out it did i didn't realize the overheating cause the car wasn't warm enough when i tested.So now im stuck with either fixing it or taking the guy to court cause he doesn't want to give me my money back and the car overheated 15mins after we did the transaction.I trying to find a certified mechanic that knows how to work on these cars in my area which is long island,NY.

Faded Crest
04-15-12, 12:02 AM
I bought my 01 deville with 118,000 miles a week ago and im guessing it has a head gasket issue.Once its warm up the temp continues to climb i haven't driven it its been parked since.The person i bought it from said the car has nothing wrong and it turned out it did i didn't realize the overheating cause the car wasn't warm enough when i tested.So now im stuck with either fixing it or taking the guy to court cause he doesn't want to give me my money back and the car overheated 15mins after we did the transaction.I trying to find a certified mechanic that knows how to work on these cars in my area which is long island,NY.

Looks like you got a job to do. Forget taking him to court, you won't get your money back. Did you check the purge line for blockage? Maybe youi'll get lucky.

Submariner409
04-15-12, 09:11 AM
This does not belong in a sticky poll thread. This OP's "head gasket problem" is still speculation.

Rim1, You'll get more advice here.

Aztec ETC ECS
04-25-12, 03:23 PM
I'm in L.I. Send me a private message w/your#.