: So I went to the dealer...

FLTRI
04-14-12, 07:37 PM
To pick up a license plate frame for my wife, (Bling, two rows, don't ask :bigroll: ) and they had a least a dozen V's waiting for new drivers. Most were sedans, a few coupes and one Opulant Blue wagon. Of note, All had yellow calipers, regardless of the wheel. Gonna be a lot more V's running around Las Vegas soon...:thumbsup:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c67/FLTRI/f88f6c17.jpg

Trapspeed
04-14-12, 08:31 PM
That's a sight to see!! Nice!

thebigjimsho
04-15-12, 02:22 AM
Man, I love that blue...

Karch
04-15-12, 03:03 AM
Was that Findlay Caddy in Vegas?

FLTRI
04-15-12, 01:22 PM
Was that Findlay Caddy in Vegas?

Yeah, they have an indoor showroom. Makes car shopping in Las Vegas tolerable when it's a hundred and hell...

The blue, is definitely Bright!

Karch
04-15-12, 02:12 PM
Thanks FLTRI, I have been exchanging emails with the owner's son, who drives a V coupe.

FLTRI
04-15-12, 02:22 PM
Justin? He's a good dude. Wife worked for the Findlay Group for a few years and got to know Cliff & Justin pretty well. You'll like doing business with them...

It's kinda comical when we go in to the dealership. Inevitably, someone she used to work with recognizes her, and we get sidetracked with, "How's the kids? Oh my god, so-and-so got divorced?!? Oh Bob, yeah last I heard he went to the Honda store." Etc., etc., etc...

Karch
04-15-12, 02:32 PM
I think it is Chris. He's at Findlay Lincoln, as that is where they have a used one.
I am trying to located a used V2, no sunroof, with recaros, preferably in TG.

Sedan or wagon :)

FLTRI
04-15-12, 02:54 PM
Wifey says she doesn't remember Chris, but he had a couple of sons...

I'm partial to the wagons. I love the ridiculousness of having a station wagon that will smoke just about (I know not to pick on GTR's, ZR1's or a Veyron if I ever see one) anything on the road...

Findlay is kinda funny in ordering their new V's. Almost all are fully loaded, so they all have a sunroof. I looked in four while I was there getting the plate frame, and all were A6's with black interiors. I wanted gray interior when I bought mine and our sales guy said, "We only order black interiors, can't sell the gray ones." I had to have mine shipped from Boston to get gray.

I'm sure you'll find one, just takes time...

Karch
04-15-12, 03:34 PM
Thanks. Yes, I agree, time, not my strong suit (patience), but worth it in the end. In the meantime, I've got to clean up my GTO to sell.

Xaqtly
04-15-12, 05:37 PM
Yeah I like Findlay's indoor showroom. In fact that is where I got to check out my first V wagon when I was still looking for one to buy. They had a diamond black wagon, so I got to sit in it, check out the rear space with the seats down, etc. But they are almost literally as far away from my house as they can possibly be while still being in Vegas so I've been going to Cadillac of LV.

GM-4-LIFE
04-16-12, 01:58 AM
From the pics, looks like a very nice dealership. My local stores are in bad need of a modern update. Vegas seems to have brand new modern buildings when it comes to their dealerships! I would like to see more pics of the dealership!

LV_V
04-17-12, 01:08 AM
I'm heading there to strike up a deal on a coupe tomorrow. Wish me luck LOL

FLTRI
04-17-12, 01:29 AM
I'm heading there to strike up a deal on a coupe tomorrow. Wish me luck LOL

Drop my name (Dan) ask for Cliff Smith and I get a $100 bird dog...

Just Sayin...

sykoV
04-17-12, 02:36 PM
Bird dog, that is funny

LV_V
04-17-12, 06:22 PM
Drop my name (Dan) ask for Cliff Smith and I get a $100 bird dog...

Just Sayin...

Cliff is actually the gentleman I was working with. No manuals... their website listings are incorrect... Plus they low balled the $HIT out of my trade-in and couldn't take much of anything off the MSRP on a 2012... ehh

GM-4-LIFE
04-17-12, 07:07 PM
Shop around. I found that there is always a dealer that will do whatever it takes to make the deal. Typically, the last few days of the month! I just traded in a 2011 Escalade ESV AWD for a 2012 Escalade Hybrid last week, and the dealer I went to was more than willing to do whatever it took to get me into the new car.

FLTRI
04-18-12, 01:18 PM
Cliff is actually the gentleman I was working with. No manuals... their website listings are incorrect... Plus they low balled the $HIT out of my trade-in and couldn't take much of anything off the MSRP on a 2012... ehh

Supply & Demand plus timing... I paid invoice and got 0% for 60 months, they gave me about $1500 less on my trade that KBB and NADA said trade in should be, but that was a small percentage of the deal. Bought mine in September, 2012's were coming out and they were very motivated....

If you have the stomach for it, sell your trade in yourself. It can be a pain, but you will get way more out of it. I recently sold one of my Corvettes on eBay, and got well more than I thought it was worth....

LV_V
04-18-12, 02:27 PM
Supply & Demand plus timing... I paid invoice and got 0% for 60 months, they gave me about $1500 less on my trade that KBB and NADA said trade in should be, but that was a small percentage of the deal. Bought mine in September, 2012's were coming out and they were very motivated....

If you have the stomach for it, sell your trade in yourself. It can be a pain, but you will get way more out of it. I recently sold one of my Corvettes on eBay, and got well more than I thought it was worth....

I'm definitely selling it myself. They offered more than 40% less than what I know I can sell it for. To be honest, kind of left a bad taste in my mouth. Just means that I won't be able to buy a V for another month, potentially putting me in 2013 territory.

FLTRI
04-18-12, 02:40 PM
Sorry to hear that. My V buying experience with Findaly was mostly pleasant, and I feel I got a pretty good deal. Enough so, that we went back and bought an SRX from them last week. I feel we got a fair (fair, not smoking) deal on it.

I'm sure you know this, but trade in values and private party values are miles apart. They have to fix anything wrong with your trade in, market it and pay overhead. I don't begrudge dealers for this, they are in business to turn a profit...

TriTexan
04-30-12, 11:23 PM
That blue wagon with the yellow calipers and polished wheels is just over the top! I really love it. My wife talked me into the Thunder Gray and the light interior. No regrets there - if I were 10 years younger though, there'd be a blue wagon in my garage tonight instead of the thunder gray. Still, I love that I can drive the gray wagon to work and no one gives it a second look. The stealth factor is really cool.

FLTRI
05-01-12, 01:24 PM
Mine is Black Raven over Titanium, looks absolutely fantastic, IMHO.

Don't be os sure about the stealth factor. That was one of my primary motivators in getting the Vagon too, and you will be surprised how quickly it's recognized, and challenged on a regular basis. Other Gear-Heads know Exactly what it is...