: GM killing fancy Chevrolet Avalanche pickup

jason1214
04-14-12, 04:25 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2012/04/gm-general-motors-chevrolet-avalanche-black-diamond-kills/1?csp=34money&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+UsatodaycomMoney-TopStories+(Money+-+Top+Stories)#.T4fkSHrv

Tasos
04-15-12, 12:09 AM
Does anyone know if they are going to produce a Caddy pickup truck or some variant of our EXT?

chakde
04-15-12, 02:35 AM
If the Avalanche is discontinued so would the EXT. Wonder what special would be able on the EXT for the last model year?

quattrotman
04-15-12, 03:09 AM
I own an EXT because it is like no other vehicle and I love it's praticality. In my opinion though, I don't quite get the Avalanche. I mean, the EXT sort of falls into that niche of someone wanting a luxury vehicle that has a pickup bed. For me it's like having a luxury SUV and pick up in one. But why the avalanche? It's lower priced and similarily outfitted to a silverado so why not just get the 'real' pick up...the silverado? I think that is why it never sold well. It is kind of an unecessary vehicle. The fold down midgate is a neat innovation but I have owned the truck for a year and have still to even fold it down. I use the bed all the time but if there is something long, I just leave the tailgate down. I will miss the EXT...the Avalanche, not so much.

Mha
04-17-12, 12:41 PM
They didnt sell well? I see the every where. Thats why I got the ext to be different. Everyone still calls it an avy thou

2007XTSDub
04-17-12, 04:19 PM
Yup no more Ext's after 2013

felixgun
04-26-12, 12:44 AM
I own an EXT because it is like no other vehicle and I love it's praticality. In my opinion though, I don't quite get the Avalanche. I mean, the EXT sort of falls into that niche of someone wanting a luxury vehicle that has a pickup bed. For me it's like having a luxury SUV and pick up in one. But why the avalanche? It's lower priced and similarily outfitted to a silverado so why not just get the 'real' pick up...the silverado? I think that is why it never sold well. It is kind of an unecessary vehicle. The fold down midgate is a neat innovation but I have owned the truck for a year and have still to even fold it down. I use the bed all the time but if there is something long, I just leave the tailgate down. I will miss the EXT...the Avalanche, not so much.

I own an escalade and an avalanche. I use the truck for work so an EXT would just be excessive as a work vehicle.

J W
04-26-12, 02:18 AM
The avy is a great truck. Its nothing like a regular pickup truck and can still get the job done. Sometimes i believe if i had to decide between my ext or my avy to sale it would be the ext. I like them both, the ext is great for long trips and im usally not tired when i get to where im going in the ext. Its like riding in a recliner. But for around town i rather be in the avy. The handeling to me is more better on zipping in and out of traffic. In the winter is great for helping people get out of bad situations. My avy is a 04 and i like the fact that it has the selectable 4x4 option as oppose to the awd in the ext. Im pretty sure i can do just as much with either truck but when i want to get my hands dirty i rather be in the avy.

quattrotman
04-26-12, 02:50 AM
I own an escalade and an avalanche. I use the truck for work so an EXT would just be excessive as a work vehicle.

I bought my EXT as my work vehicle. I think it's great for that...excessive? How? It's not a Rolls....it's just a nice pick up and considering how much some trucks are these days, I really don't consider it excessive but I guess the fact that it's a 'cadillac' might make it seem excessive so i get your point...that's why I stopped driving my Porsche for work :)

48Dodge
04-27-12, 01:57 PM
I bought my EXT as my work vehicle. I think it's great for that...excessive? How? It's not a Rolls....it's just a nice pick up and considering how much some trucks are these days, I really don't consider it excessive but I guess the fact that it's a 'cadillac' might make it seem excessive so i get your point...that's why I stopped driving my Porsche for work :)

Heck, I bought my ESV as my "work truck". I was in the market for a Suburban or Yukon XL to replace my Tahoe. Had ridden in an ESV before and loved the captain's chair in the middle row. I am out of the construction business but do a lot of home projects still. I've hauled a lot of plywood, lumber and firewood in the back in the short time I've owned this truck.

SouthernCaddy
04-27-12, 06:18 PM
They remind me of the Chevrolet El Camino. That truck/car or whatever never caught on. The EXT reminds me of a Honda Ridgeline which I dont consider a truck as the bed is made to the body and not separate. But hey I would not mind having one if someone was nice enough to sned me one :)

MrHolland
04-27-12, 07:25 PM
The Elco was in production from 1959 to 1987, I believe it caught on. Sorry to highjack and get off topic.

quattrotman
04-28-12, 01:08 AM
It's funny how many people don't think of it as a real pick up but fact of the matter is, the bed is only a quarter foot shorter than most crew cab short box trucks and I have no problem carrying 4 x 8 sheets of anything in my EXT.

felixgun
04-29-12, 03:50 AM

I work in the oil field and if I pulled up in a Cadillac Escalade EXT I would look like an idiot. "excessive" was just a nice way to put it. An avalanche is just more of a work truck. Plus I already have a normal escalade I can drive when I'm not working :)