: Purchasing EXT, any input from other previous AVALANCHE owners???

chdiego
04-14-12, 02:19 PM
Looking for my first Cadillac purchase. Prob will be the EXT. Currently own an avalanche but wanting input from other previous avalanche owners. Quite honestly I found a pretty killer deal on an LTZ Avalanche but trying to determine if going to the EXT is worth it? Any advice is appreciated.

MrHolland
04-14-12, 05:31 PM
Don't get too attached, those models are being discontinued.

chakde
04-14-12, 08:48 PM
I came from an Avalanche to an EXT last year. I loved my Avalanche and was in a similar boat as yourself and debated the price and options. I finally bought the EXT last year and have had it for about a year. I have to say that I love the EXT and the reason was little better interior looks, the magnetic ride and bigger burly engine, not to mention the Cadillac status.

MrHolland
04-14-12, 11:08 PM
Ive never owned either one but I agree with Cadillac status!!!

Maliburider
04-16-12, 10:12 AM
I had the 2002 avalanche and loved it. It was just about perfect for me. I ended up selling it when it had 248,000 miles on it. Even pulled a boat with it for 225,000 miles of its life. I last year bought a 2007 EXT. Beautiful truck and big motor for sure. The biggest plus for me is the engine, especially pulling a boat. I have had some trouble with it. The wind noise i am still fighting with. And i have some noise in the motor that i still cannot figure out. You know its all in how they are taken care of. I always took great care of the Avalanche. And i also have the EXT. But the EXT had 75,000 miles on it when i bought it, so others might not haven taken the care that i do. It is a beautiful truck. Overall i like it better. I just hope it last as long as the Avalanche for the money i got in it.

tomespo
04-16-12, 08:52 PM
I traded in my 09 LTZ on my 11 EXT. To be honest, I wonder why I made the trade. The Avalanche was loaded, including power running boards, and was a great truck. The EXT is nice, too. But, I'm not convinced it's $20k nicer. It's not hard for me to remember that an EXT is really an Avalanche. BoTtom line...I should've kept the Avie.

J W
04-16-12, 09:20 PM
I always liked the look of the EXT and could not decide until i drove one. I love my Avy so i kept it too LOL. The Avy and the EXt are in a world of their own. The Avy is a work hores with comfort. The EXT is a luxry work horse with ultimate comfort. For trips if i need a truck i take the EXT, its like sitting in a recliner when i drive. For around town its mostly the Avy if i need a truck. You do notice the more spacious interior in the EXT. I had a black EXT and now i have a white one. For some reason the white one seems to have more room. They were both the same year. I know its just a mind thing and the darker color makes it seem more closed in but i like the white one beter. It feels just as roomy as my escalade (suv) without the rear cargo to look at. Basicly that what it is anyway. I would go with the EXT if its not needed for work purposes and you dont have the octamoms kids to haul around. Plus if you take a lot of long trips you wont feel so tired when you get to your destination. Thats just my $.02

felixgun
04-26-12, 12:51 AM
I currently own a 07 Avalanche LTZ and just a normal short wheel base Escalade. Honestly I love the Avy. Does it compare to the escalade? No. But it is a fully loaded LTZ and I use it for work so it was more practical. I needed a covered truck bed but still wanted the interior space of my old Tahoe LTZ I had before hand. The avalanche gets better gas mileage as it uses a 5.3L instead of the 6.2L. Although the upgraded leather, nicer DIC, 6.2L is nice, I just don't know if it's worth the extra cost.