: DVD player issues!! Please Help!!

redctsv05
04-13-12, 09:42 PM
So I'm having issues with my DVD player and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and could help. Anyways, the issue is that my navigation disc is stuck and won't eject from the DVD player and it also won't even recognize that it is in there, when i click on DVD it says no disc inserted. I'm not sure if it is just the navigation disc that is messed up or what because i haven't tried any other DVD's in it and now i can't because it won't come out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

CTSV_510
04-13-12, 10:57 PM
That has happened to me before. I don't think I did anything to try to fix it except turn the nav and the car off and on a bunch of times and it eventually just started working again. That was probably a year ago and it hasn't happened again since.

redctsv05
04-14-12, 01:19 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a shot... hopefully I can get it to work because I just bought the car about a week ago and thats the only issue I have found. If anyone has any other suggestions too that would be greatly appreciated, thanks again.

Ny's Caddy
04-14-12, 01:39 PM
The Nav disk is probably just not sitting right in the shaft of the player.. Use a credit card and poke around in there you should be able to get it to play or at least it will recognize there is a disk in there and it will spit it out...(you should be able to feel yourself pushing the disk around.. if not your on top of it or under it.. you gotta get it right on)

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-16-12, 09:59 AM
So I'm having issues with my DVD player and wondering if anyone else has had similar problems and could help. Anyways, the issue is that my navigation disc is stuck and won't eject from the DVD player and it also won't even recognize that it is in there, when i click on DVD it says no disc inserted. I'm not sure if it is just the navigation disc that is messed up or what because i haven't tried any other DVD's in it and now i can't because it won't come out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Good morning redctsv05,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Sarah, and myself and Katie serve the community here as Customer Service Representatives for Cadillac. I see you posted this on Friday - have you had any luck getting your navigation disc out? I see you recently purchased the car - was this from a dealership?

Look forward to hearing from you,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

stever06
07-01-13, 12:03 PM
Hi, I have a 2004 and when I try to load a disk in the player all it does is make a grinding noise anyone have any ideas trying to get Nav firm ware to load.