: Low Oil Pressure Warning

PWGUNNY
04-13-12, 02:43 PM
2008 Escalade with 40,000 miles. Last weekend we drove back from PA to LI, a 2hr drive. No issues. I was home for about an hour when my wife took the car to town to pick up dinner. She said there was a warning msg. that engine had low oil pressure and to turn off engine. I figured it is probably just a faulty sending unit, but we made an appt. right away with the dealer. They took the car in yesterday and notified us today, it is NOT the sending unit. There is NO oil pressure and they will keep us updated. Luckily they gave us a loaner car. My guess it will turn out to be a bad oil pump. Either way, this is not good. Still under warranty.

hcvone
04-13-12, 03:00 PM
2008 Escalade with 40,000 miles. Last weekend we drove back from PA to LI, a 2hr drive. No issues. I was home for about an hour when my wife took the car to town to pick up dinner. She said there was a warning msg. that engine had low oil pressure and to turn off engine. I figured it is probably just a faulty sending unit, but we made an appt. right away with the dealer. They took the car in yesterday and notified us today, it is NOT the sending unit. There is NO oil pressure and they will keep us updated. Luckily they gave us a loaner car. My guess it will turn out to be a bad oil pump. Either way, this is not good. Still under warranty.

They do go bad, my wifes 2012 Lincoln broke the oil pump at 2700 miles, and trashed the engine, they told her to "pick another on the lot" Keep us updated :(

PWGUNNY
04-13-12, 03:19 PM
Will update for sure. Our loaner is a Chevy Traverse, Bleh!

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-16-12, 01:45 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that, PWGUNNY! Hopefully the dealership will be able to resolve the situation shortly, and I look forward to your next update.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

PWGUNNY
04-18-12, 11:35 AM
Update as promised.
Sarant dealership in Farmingdale, LI had the truck for 6 days. The list of tasks were repair low oil pressure warning, heated washer fluid recall, rear passenger door lock intermittent fail, piece of liftgate seal needed new fastener. All issues were resloved and car was picked up yesterday. The low oil pressure warning was giving them trouble because they replaced the sending unit, but continued to get the warning. They verified that indeed there was sufficient oil pressure, but determined it was a short in the wiring. The door lock fail was also a short.
My wife called me moments ago and said she is fuming because the low oil pressure warning came back. We will be bringing the car back to service when they have a loaner available for us. Although we are unhappy about this problem, so far the service dept. has been very responsible and dilligent about resolving our issue. I understand the frustration that intermitent problems present when trying to repair. Hopefully this will be the final return to dealer for service.
I will update again when we next have the car back.

hcvone
04-18-12, 01:32 PM
Update as promised.
Sarant dealership in Farmingdale, LI had the truck for 6 days. The list of tasks were repair low oil pressure warning, heated washer fluid recall, rear passenger door lock intermittent fail, piece of liftgate seal needed new fastener. All issues were resloved and car was picked up yesterday. The low oil pressure warning was giving them trouble because they replaced the sending unit, but continued to get the warning. They verified that indeed there was sufficient oil pressure, but determined it was a short in the wiring. The door lock fail was also a short.
My wife called me moments ago and said she is fuming because the low oil pressure warning came back. We will be bringing the car back to service when they have a loaner available for us. Although we are unhappy about this problem, so far the service dept. has been very responsible and dilligent about resolving our issue. I understand the frustration that intermitent problems present when trying to repair. Hopefully this will be the final return to dealer for service.
I will update again when we next have the car back.

Well the really good news is the oil pressure was not low and no engine issues, of course another trip to your dealership is a pain in the a$$, but shorts can be a real pain

PWGUNNY
04-19-12, 11:59 AM
Agreed. Car is back at dealer now and we have the Traverse again. We drove that to PA and back last weekend. It wasn't too bad of a vehicle, my spoiled wife didn't like the ride. She thinks it's a tin box with a bumpy ride, but realize the Escalade is hers, so that's what she compares it too.
Is the Traverse the same as the GMC Acadia?

Ludacrisvp
04-19-12, 12:48 PM
I think the traverse is larger. Just goin off memory of seeing them. So I dont think they are the same frame.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-19-12, 02:20 PM
Thanks for the updates, PWGUNNY! I can appreciate your frustration and continue to hope your Cadillac is home to you soon.

Feel free to message me anytime if you have any Traverse questions in the meantime. You might find this link (http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/comparator/compareVehicle.do?modelYear=2012&makeName=15&modelID=21191&selectedTrim=331234&year=2012&pvc=19964&comparisonVehicles=331234&sValue=&snType=model) helpful for a Traverse/Acadia comparison!

Best,

Katie

PWGUNNY
05-02-12, 11:09 AM
UPDATE!
The Escalade was returned last week after it's second trip back to the dealer. They had to replace the oil pump. That's a big and expensive job, thank god it was still under warranty. We've had the truck back for about 5 days now and so far, all is well. Sarant dealership was a pleasure to work with.

bruin300
05-02-12, 11:38 AM
Crestview Cadillac in West Covina California only has Cadillac as loaners. There reasoning for this is, "you purchased a Cadillac because you want to drive a Cadillac. If the car is in for service at a Cadillac dealer, we should loan you a Cadillac".

PWGUNNY
05-02-12, 12:14 PM
That's a good policy. I'm not as fussy as my wife, I didn't mind the Traverse for a week. The second loaner was actually a Chevy Suburban, not too bad. It was nice to experience another model SUV for comparison.

Cadillac Cust Svc
05-03-12, 10:00 AM
That's great news, PWGUNNY! I hope everything runs smoothly for you and your Escalade from here onward.

Bruin300, I appreciate you sharing that! Glad to see you're happy and getting good service from Crestview.

Best,

Katie

sasakura
05-03-12, 04:04 PM
UPDATE!
The Escalade was returned last week after it's second trip back to the dealer. They had to replace the oil pump. That's a big and expensive job, thank god it was still under warranty. We've had the truck back for about 5 days now and so far, all is well. Sarant dealership was a pleasure to work with.

If the dealer had to replace the oil pump, it sounds like there was actually a low oil pressure condition, any concerns that this may have accelerated engine component wear?

the blur
05-06-12, 08:30 AM
So now your motor has a shortened life span, due to failure to properly diagnose low oil pressure. I'd tell Bill you want a new motor.