: Time to Order more Stuff for the V

Strike_Zero
04-13-12, 02:08 PM
Now that I have the new aluminum radiator installed and new belts (still need to get a tensioner), it time to order some mounts.

Here my list:

CS CTS-V Rear Differential Bushing
CS CTS-V Differential Bushing Block
04 - 07 CTS-V Transmission Mount
RevShift Motor Mounts
I'm thinking about shifter bushings and flex disk couplers (guibos) as well.

Why the RevShift mounts? $90 cheaper. I can use the $$$ to supplement purchase of the guibos if needed.

Any suggestions or additions to list?

-=PJ

Tackelbarry
04-13-12, 07:30 PM
I don't know if I even need them yet, but I have been looking at the Revshift motor mounts. They look and sond like a quality product. I am just waiting for some real world feedback. Sorry, I was no help.

OneFast V
04-13-12, 09:19 PM
Axles and shifter.

V for victory
04-14-12, 11:13 AM
Hey, your list is my short list too. I ordered the Revshift mounts last week and they should be waiting for me at home when I get back for my trip. I ordered the couplers also but then cancelled them due to everyone I spoke to including the dealer (very good to me) who talked me out of them since they have never replace a bad one yet and since my car doesn't have any big mods no need for them. Revshift is coming out with a press in trans mount in the next week or so for our V1. And possibly a complete replacement unit down the road. (Hope sooner then later.)

Keep us posted on the progress and thoughts on each change.

Strike_Zero
04-14-12, 11:41 AM
I figure I would try RevShift out since they are a vendor here and they have a decent rapport with us Bimmer guys.

For guibo, I'm going to call my parts guy and see if I can get some Bimmer Guibos to test. I'm amazed at the similarity between the Sigma chassis and chassis from Bavaria. I've seen a lot of posts on here but no hard conclusive evidence . . . so why not :stirpot:

Axles are on the list . . . but not yet. And yes the shifter is garbage :rant2:

RevShift coming out with a press in mount to the transmission mount .. . interesting