: WTF So my dealer is flipping out !!

Ny's Caddy
04-13-12, 12:49 AM
So after I got my waterpump changed.I have had a light rasp thru my Rpms so I took my service guy on a ride he heard it .I felt it was my flywheel rasping on the housing or the impeler.So I leave my car again. I get a call about My Cut Outs, Sir those things you got on your exaust are not factory and I feel that's what's making the noise.Me- no that noise has been there way before my cut-outs and that rasp is comming from the center of the car?? It has nothing to do with the exaust. Him- Well just to let you know that when I call the adjuster out its up to him and he might say the same. WTF Has anyone got an answer as what to do??

PISNUOFF
04-13-12, 07:48 AM
Most dealers are a-holes like that. When they are too incompetent to solve your issue they look for any way to blame it on you.

The flip side of that is some customers try to work over the dealer or are not smart enough to realize why "I installed solid motor mounts and now my car vibrates". The dealer may have had this happen too many times. (I'm not saying that was you at all, just saying it happens.

I was told once that they were not responsible for leaving my driveshaft CV bolts loose when I installed Gforce axles, not when they rebuilt my transmission. There's not much you can do besides try another dealer and hope they didn't document it in your record.

jcollege
04-13-12, 08:06 AM
Wow thats horrible, time to find a new dealer!

darkman
04-13-12, 08:24 AM
So after I got my waterpump changed.I have had a light rasp thru my Rpms so I took my service guy on a ride he heard it .I felt it was my flywheel rasping on the housing or the impeler.So I leave my car again. I get a call about My Cut Outs, Sir those things you got on your exaust are not factory and I feel that's what's making the noise.Me- no that noise has been there way before my cut-outs and that rasp is comming from the center of the car?? It has nothing to do with the exaust. Him- Well just to let you know that when I call the adjuster out its up to him and he might say the same. WTF Has anyone got an answer as what to do??

When you look at the various trouble shooting charts in the Service Manual, one of the first things on most of them is to check for aftermarket equipment.

Historically, the posts on this forum indicate that there is a wide variance in the attitude/tolerance levels of dealers toward aftermarket equpment. That same history indicates that the modification that seems to draw the most heat from dealers is exhaust cutouts. I don't know why.

In your specific case, it appears that the real problem is that the dealer did not actually diagnose the problem- they simply found the cut outs and stopped. Additionally, I am lost as to why the adjuster would get involved unless and until the problem had been identified - adjusters approve or reject applications for covered repairs, their function is not to identify what "fix" is required. You are not asking them to repair your cutouts under warranty - you asking them to fix something else in spite of the presence of the cut outs.

So my recommendation in pursuing this with either the same dealer or a different dealer is to emphasize the need for identifying the problem before focusing on who pays. (e.g. If they begin talking about the adjuster - ask them why they use an adjuster as a trouble shooter instead of a trained technician.) Be polite and stay cool.

Ny's Caddy
04-13-12, 02:45 PM
Thanks guys for your thoughts.. Brian I wonder what they would have to say about your Short shifter if I ever have tranny issues?? Lol

So I had a lengthy talk with the service guy and explained to him how they thought the Cutouts were related and what my thoughts were..

Turns out it was the heat shield under my cats that was rubbing. So they tightened it up..I just drove the car to work and have not got the rasping sound back so I'm hesitant to say just yet that they fixed it.But the vibe I got from the Service guy (No more good morning Mr.B)
He Just told me go pay the cashier your all set. I don't know if now I'm to go with them for further repair they are going to Remember me as "The guy with the cut outs" Can't help you..

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-13-12, 02:56 PM
I am sorry to hear of your situation. If would like, I can investigate into the matter more. Please send me you VIN and full name via private message. Thank you.

Matthew (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service

alradco
04-13-12, 10:54 PM
I'm loving the Cadillac Customer Service on this site!

JDB
04-14-12, 12:39 PM
I'm loving the Cadillac Customer Service on this site!

There is forum for it. Looks like they've infiltrated into the sub forums.

thebigjimsho
04-14-12, 02:42 PM
I had the heat shield making noise, too, on my '04. Got underneath and adjusted it myself.