: Sunroof automatically goes to vent position when closed.

m3driver
04-12-12, 01:33 AM
I've searched the faqs and the posts and didn't find this problem or solution. My sunroof when the switch is put into the closed position will close but then it pops into to the vent position. No amount of futzing with the switch seems to help. This all started after one day when closing it from the vent position it only closed on one side. I basically forced the other side into the closed position. I have replaced the switch and it operated normally except for always wanting to be in vent. The only way I've been able to get it to close is to turn off the car. Remove the key from the ignition while the sunroof is open, put the switch in the closed position and then as it slides into place open the door killing the power to the sunroof. It will stay closed upon power up, but as soon as I open it and try and close it it ends up stopping in the vent position.

Any tips appreciated

Marco

rand49er
04-12-12, 08:44 AM
All I can offer is sympathy and a bump.

Hope you get this glitch figured out soon.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-12-12, 10:08 AM
Marco, I'm really sorry to hear that! Have you considered taking it to your Cadillac dealership for service? If you're more DIY inclined, then I hope this community is able to provide you with a fix! Please keep us posted, and feel free to contact me anytime via PM if you need further assistance.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Bionic
04-12-12, 12:49 PM
Mine did the same thing for an entire day, but the next day it was fine and hasn't done it since. I have just been waiting for it to do it again. I hope you figure this out, so I can learn what to do if it happens again.

repenttokyo
04-12-12, 01:13 PM
have you tried disconnecting the battery overnight?

Andringa
04-12-12, 04:11 PM
There is a reprogramming sequence in the FAQ. No idea if it would help for your specific problem.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/sunroofreprogram.html
Procedure
Hold in the knob and turn it clockwise.
Wait a few seconds
Then while still holding it in, turn it all the way counter-clockwise.
When you put it back to the "neutral" position it will move a little (coming from the tilt to the closed position).
From that point on it should work perfectly.

CancerJCC
04-12-12, 08:39 PM
Pull out the switch and clean it up. If that doesn't work then replace it.