: Serious hesitation, door locks lock and unlock quickly after stoplight/sign HELP!

jimsalone
04-12-12, 12:31 AM
This is really weird and I need someone to tell me what it's all about. I have a 2007 with only 27K miles. After stopping at a stop light or stop sign, when i take my foot off the brake and put my foot on the gas, the truck bucks and loses power and the door locks lock and then unlock quickly, and the parking sensor off message appears. It then quickly goes away and i hit the gas again but this has happened almost every time i have driven the truck in the last couple weeks. The truck just went out of warranty last october. Has anyone experienced this and if so what was it?

Thanks for the help

Jim

bigtone1013
04-12-12, 01:25 AM
I'm assuming you just bought it or haven't had it that long what I would do is take it back where I bought it and see what they say if they are a good dealership then they'll stand behind the truck. The reason why I said that is I had a issue with mine and those words was the words they used "we are going to stand behind the vehicle" so try it.

jimsalone
04-12-12, 08:19 AM
Actually I am the original owner of the vehicle. I just don't drive it that much because I travel alot for work.

Jim

K9Caddy
04-12-12, 08:30 AM
Could be many things... However, I'd start with the battery cables first. They are notorious for coming loose and causing all kinds of electronic issues.

Check the Volt gauge while driving and when the problem occurs.

jimsalone
04-12-12, 08:41 AM
Will do and thanks! I think maybe it's something more serious than that like the computer or something but I will check the battery cables first

bigtone1013
04-12-12, 09:23 AM
Actually I am the original owner of the vehicle. I just don't drive it that much because I travel alot for work.

Jim

It's mad at you cause you don't drive it lol.

mikey cado
04-12-12, 09:24 AM
I just had a problem with mine take off the postive battery cable for 10 min and reinstall make shure they are tight

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-12-12, 11:21 AM
Very sorry to read that you've been experiencing this, jimsalone! I would recommend taking it to your dealership for a diagnosis, since there could be several factors causing these types of issues, but I can appreciate it if you're attempting DIY repairs instead since it's out of warranty. I'm glad forum members have already begun stepping in to help, and please keep us posted on your progress!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jimsalone
04-12-12, 11:37 AM
katie can you provide some possible causes please?

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-12-12, 12:58 PM
I apologize, jimsalone! I'm sadly not a mechanic and am unable to diagnose vehicle issues over the Internet, which is why you all may see me frequently recommending initial dealership visits for a proper diagnosis. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jimsalone
04-12-12, 02:54 PM
katie of course you recommend dealer visits...you work for cadillac. tell them to lower their rates and we will go there

jimsalone
04-13-12, 12:36 AM
ttt to the top

swjeffers
12-19-13, 04:25 PM
my 09 escalade is doing the same thing . did u ever get this resolved ?