: How to fit a spare tire in your '04-07 V

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 01:02 PM
As i try to fit my spare tire (full size) in the trunk, it becomes apparent that the black 'tub' needs to be removed.

only thing is, i can't figure out for the life of me how to remove it!

someone help me out here. i don't want to break it...

(see attachment)

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 01:20 PM
nevermind...

thank goodness for the FAQ

seems the four 'screws' are stripped or something...

CIWS
06-17-08, 01:27 PM
For those who may not be aware of Reed's FAQ site.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com

Spare info

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/spare/index.html

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 03:06 PM
OK looks like my dilemna is not over yet.

FIRST - i need a retaining clip thing for the spare tire (I plan on contacting Luke)

ALSO - i noticed this bar sitting underneat the tub. i don't want to just throw it away, and then later find out it serves a purpose, sooooo... what purpose does it serve? it didn't fit back in with the full size spare. is it just there to support the tub before a full size spare is put in?

urbanski
06-17-08, 03:10 PM
its just for crash protection. the spare will take that job over for it. i still have my old tub in the attic

Mystical_Ice
06-17-08, 03:53 PM
ahh ok. so i can safely remove it and store it with my tub?

great :)

svtbolt2001
06-19-08, 09:59 PM
How much money are you looking at for the entire spare tire upgrade?

rand49er
06-19-08, 11:37 PM
I spent just under $90 way back three years ago, but that was from GMPartsDirect.

But, GMPartsDirect is a ripoff. I don't even want to go into it. :canttalk:

Get it from Luke for around a C-note. At least he knows what honesty and customer service is all about. GMPartsDirect can ... well ... bite the big one.

mschlott
05-16-10, 10:13 AM
I've bought the parts I need to mount my spare tire and a wheel without a tire. I went to put it in yesterday and everything fit till I went to put the cover on.

I have see mixed reports of guys being able to get the cover on or not. My wheel is face down and no matter how I slide it around I can't get the cover to go down all the way. It is mainly lifted towards the rear of the car.

Are all of the covers the same? Mine is a 2005 and is made of a molded plastic with rings molded in that look like they are meant to line up against a spare tire.

Am I missing something? If necessary I can make a custom cover if I can find the right carpet to cover the board. If I have to make a cover, does anyone know how to get the right carpet for the trunk?

For those who have previously said they got their cover to fit. Did it really go down all the way?

mike

Houdini
05-16-10, 11:56 AM
In my 07 with my wheel facing down I am able to get the cover on and screw on the retaining circle. The edges of the cover do stick up a little bit (not totally flush with trunk floor).

Paisan
05-16-10, 12:30 PM
I have an 05 and use the stock cover just pulled out the plastic thing. I had a BFG All-season tire on my spare and it fits nicely. With my BFG KDW, it sticks up a bit. So it really depends on the true tread width of the spare tire.

-mike

Twitch
05-16-10, 08:46 PM
I waited till I found a used Mille. They are 8". With a 225 tire, it fits with a little extra room.

AAIIIC
05-16-10, 09:20 PM
I have a 225/50-18 on an 18x8" Mille Miglia wheel and the cover still doesn't sit flush with the trunk floor. I would say it's 1/4 - 1/2" higher than the trunk floor. It's a little bit better than it was with that same tire mounted on a beat-up stock wheel, but only a little bit.

mschlott
05-17-10, 12:36 AM
OK, thanks guys. I'll live with it the way it is untill a narrow wheel with a tire on it shows up in my garage. Some times I'm just too anal about the little things and forget to enjoy life.

mike

supernova_inc
11-05-10, 11:04 AM
It is getting close to the time for new tires and I am ditching the runflats. I had a curbing incident when I first bought my vehicle 3 years ago and as such have a full size spare chrome wheel with a little curb rash that I will be using. I was trying to find Luke's info from a past purchase but I do not have it. I went to the Lindsay website and did not see him listed there anymore. I also used used the search feature and every post comes up as people mentioning him but that is it. I was hoping to get the part #'s for the kit or just oder it from Luke. Is the kit just the normal CTS spare tub that people swap in or do they just remove the tub all together so the full size spare will fit in? If that is the case then is it just a jack kit needed? Thanks

zzilla
11-05-10, 11:51 AM
Luke @ Lindsay Cadillac 1-(888) 894-1729 He works in the parts department.

repenttokyo
11-05-10, 12:20 PM
his direct line is 703-647-8670.

AAIIIC
11-23-10, 11:12 AM
On a somewhat related note, I happened across this deal on Ebay the other day. $56 shipped for an 18x8" SRX wheel (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-CADILLAC-SRX-Wheel-18x8-7-spoke-polished-opt-QF-/110610099694?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c0e02dee). I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the offset is on those wheels, but from what I've gathered the SRX wheels are in the same ballpark as the V wheels, so I think it should be close enough to use as a spare. Then again, I don't know if the spokes would clear the V's calipers. Anyone ever tried one of the SRX wheels just to see if they would fit?

Assuming the wheel clears the Brembos this could be a great option for guys looking for cheap spares. Most of them on Ebay aren't listed with a price this low, but there's certainly no shortage of SRXs in junkyards, and it seems like most of them have/had the 18" wheels on them.

Aurora40
11-23-10, 11:33 AM
On a somewhat related note, I happened across this deal on Ebay the other day. $56 shipped for an 18x8" SRX wheel (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-CADILLAC-SRX-Wheel-18x8-7-spoke-polished-opt-QF-/110610099694?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19c0e02dee). I haven't been able to figure out exactly what the offset is on those wheels, but from what I've gathered the SRX wheels are in the same ballpark as the V wheels, so I think it should be close enough to use as a spare. Then again, I don't know if the spokes would clear the V's calipers. Anyone ever tried one of the SRX wheels just to see if they would fit?

Assuming the wheel clears the Brembos this could be a great option for guys looking for cheap spares. Most of them on Ebay aren't listed with a price this low, but there's certainly no shortage of SRXs in junkyards, and it seems like most of them have/had the 18" wheels on them.
Offsets are 51mm vs 42mm for the V: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2010/363226-do-srx-18-rims-fit-cts-v.html

Like you said, also unknown is the spoke clearance compared to the V wheels. They might be chunkier on the SRX since there would have been no need to maximize the clearance.

If a small spacer did the trick, it would probably make a great spare wheel.

Twitch
11-23-10, 05:29 PM
I have a 225/50-18 on an 18x8" Mille Miglia wheel and the cover still doesn't sit flush with the trunk floor. I would say it's 1/4 - 1/2" higher than the trunk floor. It's a little bit better than it was with that same tire mounted on a beat-up stock wheel, but only a little bit.
I wonder if some trunks are different than others. I also have a Mille (did I get it from you???) with a 225 tire on it. With a couple layers of sound deadening under it, it still has some room before touching the cover.
Weird :suspense:

Had a set of 18" Milles off an SRX. They were so cheap, I thought it was worth the risk. They do not fit over the Brembos.

Tony

Fasciaguy
12-02-10, 11:46 AM
Not sure what all is included in a spare tire "kit". Since most spares will be 5 lug the wheels will be useless, you can go to your local junk yard and probably get the jack and lug wrench for $20. No doubt the biggest expense here will be the spare tire if you dont already have one.

repenttokyo
12-02-10, 03:21 PM
the kit refers to a jack that fits into the spare tire so you can keep both in the spare tire well in the trunk.

CancerJCC
12-02-10, 05:31 PM
the kit refers to a jack that fits into the spare tire so you can keep both in the spare tire well in the trunk.

My "kit" consists of a specially designed jack from wal-mart that fits in the spare wheel which is upside down with my tub removed. :)

mmayzak
01-25-11, 05:21 PM
I was just asking the dealer to send me a picture of the 'build options' that my car has - I usually find this in the trunk or some place... well, she didn't find it, but she did find the label that talked about the tires.

There was no entry in the spare column - being this likely came with run flat tires, and now it doesn't have them... will this car have a spare??

Beyond that, where is this deal of install options located so I can research all the goodies I am getting on this copy?

Mike in Oklahoma
SOON to have a 2006, Infrared, Cashmere (1 of 83)!

Castro
01-25-11, 05:45 PM
No spare

CancerJCC
01-25-11, 05:55 PM
No spare but a lot of us get a full size rim and tire for spare.

Only option was the sunroof and very few came without it.

Start here: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/177219-faq-how-diy-common-questions.html

And here: http://cadillacfaq.com/

mmayzak
01-25-11, 06:48 PM
Hense the 'run flat' tires.... OHHH.

mstrjon32
01-25-11, 09:35 PM
There is no compact spare either, you'll need to get a full-size rim. I took the nasty runflats off my car, and now have a full-size spare, with the jack and wrench, and the mounting hardware installed. The cover installs most of the way, but pops up a bit. I found that to be pretty ugly, so I got a trunk mat to cover it up with.

rand49er
01-25-11, 11:15 PM
Get a can of Fix-A-Flat if you can't latch onto a spare by the time you drive it home. Luke has a spare tire kit which includes everything you need ... except a spare tire.

DDS rollin a CTS
01-26-11, 12:40 AM
So if theres no spare tire, whats in the space that holds the spare in the regular cts's?

CadzillaTN
01-26-11, 01:35 AM
So if theres no spare tire, whats in the space that holds the spare in the regular cts's?

A plastic bin with a metal bar, or the worlds first rear mounted turbo.

mmayzak
01-26-11, 08:05 AM
I don't mind the runflats - I HATE changing tires! BTW, there seem to be a lot of options for these bad boys out there - which is the quietest/longest lasting?? I KNOW the day will come when I will have to change them ($1,200+ later)... but I want to be sure I am getting something that will last!

16 days...

AAIIIC
01-26-11, 11:43 AM
Run flats are heavier, cost more (significantly more), and (in my experience on my CTS-V) have poorer ride quality due to the stiff internal structure. The difference in cost between non-run flats and run flats will more than pay for the jack and a (used) full-size spare. Not to mention there are way more tire options if you don't restrict yourself to just looking at run flats.

Unless you get lots and LOTS of flat tires, I just can't see any reason to put run flats on the car.

Pat Olsen

Andringa
01-26-11, 12:05 PM
Search the forum, there are quite a few discussions of tires on here, it is pretty much impossible to just blindly suggest a tire for you as it depends greatly on what your intended use and expectations are for the tire.

"but I want to be sure I am getting something that will last!"
The first thing to realize is that if your main concern is how long a tire will last you will have to make compromises on performance. Most people don't make it to 20k on a Max Performance summer tire.

trhs75
01-28-11, 12:23 AM
Depending on what kind of spare tire you have on your rim (thick rub strip, etc.), the cover may or may not sit flat over it. I'm guessing that metal bar I took out was for impact absorption in a crash.

DDS rollin a CTS
01-29-11, 09:08 PM
What are you guys using for a jack? Did you just go somewhere like ebay and get one from a regular CTS, or are you using something else? Same question for the spare tire. Are you using an extra full-sized wheel/tire or is there a donut available?

trhs75
01-29-11, 09:51 PM
No 6-hole donut is available for the V. Regular CTS jack assembly will work, and the styrofoam case fits loosely in the back of the larger V rim. I got mine from one of those online discount GM parts places, but a salvage yard is a great idea, too. I bought a fifth regular rim on eBay. In retrospect, it would have been cheaper to keep one of my snow tires in the trunk as a spare.

Aurora40
01-30-11, 11:42 AM
What are you guys using for a jack? Did you just go somewhere like ebay and get one from a regular CTS, or are you using something else? Same question for the spare tire. Are you using an extra full-sized wheel/tire or is there a donut available?

I'm using a Mille Miglia V wheel with a 225/50-18 mounted. It barely fits. For the jack, I happened to have a jack kit from the 2nd gen CTS. I bought the kit to use the spare wheel and tire on a Corvette, and had the jack and such just sitting around (needed an adapter for the wrench, as the 2nd gen uses 22mm lug nuts). But if I didn't have that, I believe Lindsay Cadillac could hook you up with the jack and wrench.

AAIIIC
01-30-11, 10:29 PM
the styrofoam case fits loosely in the back of the larger V rim.
"Styrofoam case"? What did you get your jack kit from? All the ones I've seen (from the 1st gen CTS) are just a shallow plastic bucket kinda thing with the scissor jack laid across it. The thing in the upper right:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=72079&stc=1&d=1296440919

Aurora40
01-31-11, 09:47 AM
"Styrofoam case"? What did you get your jack kit from? All the ones I've seen (from the 1st gen CTS) are just a shallow plastic bucket kinda thing with the scissor jack laid across it. The thing in the upper right:

FWIW, the CTS gen 2 kit I bought had the jack and such stored in the foam. It looked like it would fit perfectly at the bottom of the trunk well, though I honestly didn't try it. It would have raised the wheel up another inch or more, making it not useful for me.

trhs75
02-01-11, 12:55 AM
AAIIIC: My mistake. My V has a plastic tray/case thing from the regular CTS, not styrofoam. I have another car with styrofoam in there. The tray is designed for a 16" or 17" donut, I think, so the fit is a little loose. The jack stuff tightens into place securely, though.

Carnut_s
03-13-12, 12:06 AM
So I picked up my CTS V from a Cadillac dealer yesterday and was checking it over today. I noticed there was no spare, and the tires aren't run flats. Is there a spare tire kit I could buy rather than replace the new tires ?

Nick4208
03-13-12, 11:05 AM
Go back to the dealer and ask them to either put the oem run-flats on or a new rim and tire. Thats what I did and they got a rim and tire. It worked out good because last year I had a bent rim, and had it swiched out. Now the bent rim is a spare.

gsx-lex
03-13-12, 01:41 PM
I ditched my Run flats, in place of a "fix-a-Flat" can and I keep an extra rim and tire at home.

Andringa
03-13-12, 04:49 PM
I would go back to the dealer and ask for a spare wheel/tire. That being said, I had the same situation when I bought my V and just found a wheel for sale on craigslist. You can get the jack kit from the normal CTS for about $60 from a junk yard, and with the spare face down you can still just barely fit the cover on.

thebigjimsho
03-15-12, 11:27 AM
I would go back to the dealer and ask for a spare wheel/tire. That being said, I had the same situation when I bought my V and just found a wheel for sale on craigslist. You can get the jack kit from the normal CTS for about $60 from a junk yard, and with the spare face down you can still just barely fit the cover on.

Yep, face down is the key...

Carnut_s
04-11-12, 09:29 PM
Has anyone figured out what other makes compact spare will fit a CTS V six lug wheel. When I bought my car it didnt have run flats. I was given a CTS 5 lug compact spare tire and a jack kit and now the GM dealership is telling me GM doesnt make a compact spare for the CTS V. Some other cars spare must have the same lug patteren as the V ? Thanks

JimmyH
04-11-12, 10:19 PM
There is none. You don't want to use a compact spare on a car with limited slip anyway (at least on the rear).

The good news is that if you pull the plastic tub out of the tire well, a FULL SIZE wheel/tire will fit in there with the cover. You just have to put the face of the wheel down against the basin. Use a towel to keep it from getting scratched, or get an old wheel like I did and don't worry about it.

Aurora40
04-14-12, 10:10 AM
I'm using the 18x8" Mille Miglia wheel with a 225/50-18. Fits in the trunk with the lid flush, though barely. And the jack tub you have fits inside fine.

ImEpayne
04-22-13, 02:51 PM
I bought a set of new wheels and tires for my V1 and have the stock set laying around. Not too big of a market out there for 6-lug car wheels. Also, the V doesnt come with any kind of spare.

Do any of you carry a spare with your V? and a Jack? and a lug wrench?

Considering keeping one of these stockers as a spare and selling the other 3 out to other people that had the same idea. But, I'm concerned with getting stuck with 1 or 2 wheels and being useless.

Has anyone else done this or bought just one? or would I have better luck selling the set. (which is a b word to ship)

This is not a thread to try and sell my wheels, just seeing what other people have done.

nvthev
04-22-13, 03:28 PM
I just bought a spare wheel and tire off eBay for a spare . I'm going to ditch the runflats one my next set of wheels.

Sell as a set first, if no takers, sell them one at a time.
I paid $200 shipped rim (in nice shape) and tire (half tread)

H-town_V
04-22-13, 03:58 PM
I bought an extra tire and rim for $180 as a spare. Only problem is it doesn't fit flush in the truck. I've been looking to find a shop that can take an inch outta the width so it will fit.

RippyPartsDept
04-22-13, 04:01 PM
might not fit over your calipers if you take an inch out of the width
that's something to consider

Hoghead
04-22-13, 04:17 PM
I bought an extra tire and rim for $180 as a spare. Only problem is it doesn't fit flush in the truck. I've been looking to find a shop that can take an inch outta the width so it will fit.

Have you tried turning the spare upside down. Mine does not sit exactly flush but is no where near an inch to tall. Stock wheel and stock tire size.

CoSteve
04-22-13, 05:08 PM
ImEpayne -

Your mailbox is full. If you are interested in selling those wheels, please let me know.

Steve

AAIIIC
04-22-13, 05:23 PM
www.weldcraft.com

might not fit over your calipers if you take an inch out of the width
that's something to consider
The mounting pad and spokes wouldn't be affected at all, so I don't see how caliper clearance would change. They would just be taking an inch off the back of the wheel.

Have you tried turning the spare upside down. Mine does not sit exactly flush but is no where near an inch to tall. Stock wheel and stock tire size.
I'd be curious to see a measurement with a straight edge across the tire measured to the trunk floor. I'm using a 225/50 on an 18x8" wheel and it still is wider than the spare tire well is deep. I can get the cover almost flush with the trunk floor if I crank down on the big plastic center nut thing.

I used to have a stock wheel/tire in there and the spare tire well cover sat up probably 3/4" from the trunk floor.

RippyPartsDept
04-22-13, 05:29 PM
The mounting pad and spokes wouldn't be affected at all, so I don't see how caliper clearance would change. They would just be taking an inch off the back of the wheel.

hmm.. i guess i was thinking that making the wheel narrower would affect the offset that would then potentially affect clearance over the calipers

but now that you mention the width just coming off the back i guess that makes sense that it wouldn't change how it mounts over the calipers

ImEpayne
04-22-13, 05:45 PM
Has anyone been stranded without a spare in their V?

DDS rollin a CTS
04-23-13, 09:18 AM
Do any of you carry a spare with your V? and a Jack? and a lug wrench?

Considering keeping one of these stockers as a spare and selling the other 3 out to other people that had the same idea. But, I'm concerned with getting stuck with 1 or 2 wheels and being useless.

Has anyone else done this or bought just one? or would I have better luck selling the set. (which is a b word to ship)

The previous owner picked up an extra wheel for a spare and one of the jacks that comes with the regular CTS to set in the middle. The stock wheels that came with my car had a lot of curb rash and now on one especially the paint is starting to peel. I may be interested in buying one or two of your wheels if you end up splitting the set. As for shipping going parcel post through USPS actually isn't too bad. For packaging go to walmart and buy a couple of moving boxes that are about the size of the wheel when flattened. Just tape two flattened boxes to the face side of the wheel, and one to the back, then wrap the whole thing with plastic wrap and they'll be fine. I know because I've done it in the past, I can provide pictures if you'd like. Just don't slice the end of your finger off when cutting the plastic wrap like I did. :facepalm:

Just don't.

The trunk will be almost flush if you put the stock wheel in spokes down. More than good enough for me...

+eleventy

Pillow
04-26-13, 03:53 PM
I have the full jack and spare setup. Love it for the just-in-case factor. Also I think the extra weight in the rear actually helps stabalize the tail.

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/apillowtype2/2005%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/048_zps2666d29f.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/apillowtype2/2005%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/059_zps01bf86e2.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/apillowtype2/2005%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/062_zpsd46be5cd.jpg

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/ab9/apillowtype2/2005%20Cadillac%20CTS-V/064_zps9b53c232.jpg

Yes, the cover rides 1/2"ish up from flush but with a cargo cover no one knows or cares. And I carry stuff like heavy groceries in my trunk once a week.

About $60 shipped for the normal CTS jack kit. Loads of them on Ebay. Plus about 100 for the spare wheel/tire, but it has some rash on the front side and the tire is low on tread.

easy!

rand49er
04-27-13, 09:36 PM
Luke has spare tire kits.

Since I don't have an extra spare tire/wheel, I just put a can of fix-a-flat in the trunk. I would carry a spare, though, if I used my car as a DD.

Manofmetal01
04-28-13, 01:09 PM
Has anyone been stranded without a spare in their V?

Yes, 2 summers ago, on a weekend (everything is closed on weekends where I was), about 14+hr drive from home. Had an incident the previous night and decided this holiday was over, im going home and having the car repaired. On my way out...maybe an hour down the road my tire pressure warning came on...I eas watching the tire pressure drop very quickly. Pulled into a gas station and got a can of fixaflat...used it up, rolled the tire and theb arremptd to fill with air. Nope. No good. Phone calls the dealerships assured the runflats would get me somewhere...decided to risk pushing forward in search of a tire shop rather than limp back where I started.
Long story short, found the only shop open in the area (canadian tire), found the rim to be bent and a 2" gash on the inside wall. The fact the runflat had made it as long as it did before losing air and then getting me where I needed made them worth it. But a full size spare in invaluable. I have not yet but will get one

darien99
12-23-13, 07:38 PM
While I was messing around in my trunk yesterday I came to realize that my car does not have a spare. Now that I know I don't have one I am virtually assured to get a flat in the near future. What are my options for a full size spare? I know that we have a weird bolt pattern/backspacing, so I'm wondering if there are any other options than buying a 5th wheel for hundreds of dollars.

ctsv247
12-23-13, 09:57 PM
Your only option is a full size spare which will fit in the well face down but it will not allow the cover to sit completely flush with the trunk floor. It will stick up but less than an inch and doesn't really cause issues. A cts jack assembly will the sit down inside the spare and makes for a nice fit all in all.

Watch the classifieds and you can find spare wheels.

RyRidesMotoX
12-24-13, 04:54 PM
Tire plug kit and a compressor. Unless you get a hole I. A sidewall you'll be able to fix it with that

fre1102
12-25-13, 12:32 PM
I'd like to carry a full-size spare in my trunk (I'm losing the run-flats).

Problem: the wheel tub in my trunk is this segregated two-section thing. You can't put a wheel in it.

Will a non-V CTS tub work? Or are there other models of Cadillac/GM vehicles from which I can scavenge a tub?

Thanks in advance.

fre1102
12-25-13, 12:34 PM
Your only option is a full size spare which will fit in the well face down but it will not allow the cover to sit completely flush with the trunk floor. It will stick up but less than an inch and doesn't really cause issues. A cts jack assembly will the sit down inside the spare and makes for a nice fit all in all.

What trunk well are you using? Or did your car not come with the well that's divided in two? My car's spare tub is molded into two sections.

AAIIIC
12-26-13, 12:39 AM
What are my options for a full size spare?
www.ebay.com
www.car-part.com
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-classifieds-marketplace/
http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/
http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-classifieds-156/

There's a guy advertising a set of Mille Miglia wheels on LS1tech. Those are 18x8" (so 1/2" narrower than stock), which makes them fit slightly better in the spare tire well than the stock wheels. I have one of those with a cheap 225/50-18 on it for my full-size spare.

fre1102
12-26-13, 11:24 AM
Plenty of discussions of this, dating back to the beginning of V1 existence. See above posts for a link to the FAQ for details.

So there's no replacement for the tub? The spare just drops into the hole left by the old tub?

Thanks.

pato
12-26-13, 12:23 PM
So there's no replacement for the tub? The spare just drops into the hole left by the old tub?

Thanks.

Exactly. This is what we have been telling you in all 3 threads you asked yesterday.

omnipotent
11-08-14, 12:48 PM
I recently changed from run-flats to Pilots on my 2005. I went to the local boneyard & got the jack, ect. & 6-lug donut. When I rotated my tires, the spare wouldn't fit over the caliper. When I take it back, I need to know what will fit. Any of you guys gone this route?

V-twin
11-08-14, 01:54 PM
I have a standard CTS-V wheel for a spare. If you watch the classifieds on here they come up for sale once in a while.

omnipotent
11-08-14, 02:12 PM
Do you have the oem tire size (profile)? Does it fit in the spare compartment? I have the oem size & it wouldn't fit flush.

V-twin
11-08-14, 04:56 PM
Yes, it's a 245/45/18. I put the wheel with the outside face down in the wheel well, and it barely fits. The cover doesn't quite sit flush, but it's only up a 1/2" or so.

AAIIIC
11-08-14, 07:15 PM
I recently changed from run-flats to Pilots on my 2005. I went to the local boneyard & got the jack, ect. & 6-lug donut. When I rotated my tires, the spare wouldn't fit over the caliper. When I take it back, I need to know what will fit. Any of you guys gone this route?
A 6-lug donut from what? :confused:

Merged your question in with a few other threads about putting a spare into the V.

WasTiSLine
11-08-14, 08:56 PM
A 6-lug donut from what? :confused:

Merged your question in with a few other threads about putting a spare into the V.

The Chevy Uplander is 6 lug I think

AAIIIC
11-08-14, 11:38 PM
As well as the SRX, but neither of them has the bigass brakes we do. I determined a few years ago that it takes a 3" spacer to get the SRX spare to fit.