: CTS-V tuning shops in IL

xmaciek82x
04-11-12, 02:58 PM
Currious where the IL (Chicago West Burbs area) CTS-V guys take their CTS-V to get worked on. :thumbsup:

cruiser68
04-11-12, 07:48 PM
I went to Speed Inc in Schaumburg for headers, intake, pulley, dyno tune, and heat exchanger. Tom, the owner, drives a V with the similar mods. Super nice guy and I am very happy with the results. Been about 7K miles since the work and no issues with his work whatsoever. I would not hesitate to go back to him. My only complaint is the mileage I now get out of tires :) Particularly rear tires!

FFBOS
04-11-12, 10:06 PM
What he said. I've been going there for 10 years with many different vehicles. Great people and they have probably the best LS based tuner around.

xmaciek82x
04-12-12, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys. I'll check them out. I just got bit discouraged because when I asked them about installing a solid isolator, they said they never done one.

Razorecko
04-12-12, 09:54 PM
I can vouch for speed inc. as my expeirances with them have been good.

SPEED74V
04-12-12, 11:45 PM
Lingenfelter is only a couple of hours away in Decatur, IN - just an FYI. It sounds like Speed Inc does good work also.

rangerrob
04-13-12, 01:39 PM
screw Speed Inc. they hosed me before and I will never do business with them again... they did half-ass work and charged me for work they didn't even complete!

cadzilla32
04-13-12, 02:56 PM
Currious where the IL (Chicago West Burbs area) CTS-V guys take their CTS-V to get worked on. :thumbsup:

Curious about that as well. Also, does anyone have a dealer they could recommend in the western burbs?

cruiser68
04-13-12, 04:05 PM
I bought and have mine serviced at Naperville Cadillac. Only one service trip for minor stuff. Gave me a CTS loaner. I asked them not to wash it because they usually scratch it in their machine. They ended up hand washing it for me with full wheel and tire treatment. We all know what a pain the brake dust is and I was impressed with that. Inquired where I had work done but never mentioned the mods otherwise. Of course none of my issues were drivetrain so who knows what they'll say if I complain about supercharger marbles :) Even have an isolator I've been meaning to install.......the past 4 months :)

cadzilla32
04-13-12, 05:30 PM
I bought and have mine serviced at Naperville Cadillac. Only one service trip for minor stuff. Gave me a CTS loaner. I asked them not to wash it because they usually scratch it in their machine. They ended up hand washing it for me with full wheel and tire treatment. We all know what a pain the brake dust is and I was impressed with that. Inquired where I had work done but never mentioned the mods otherwise. Of course none of my issues were drivetrain so who knows what they'll say if I complain about supercharger marbles :) Even have an isolator I've been meaning to install.......the past 4 months :)

Thank you cruiser68! Discovered my AC is no longer blowing cold air - assuming the system is low on coolant. I am in elmhurst - are there many V owners out this way? Would love to get a mini meet together...

FFBOS
04-13-12, 07:19 PM
I'm in the NW burbs

JimmyH
04-13-12, 07:51 PM
Best dealer is motorwerks in barrington.

Give Blackdog speed in Lincolnshire a look. They do tons of corvettes.

cruiser68
04-13-12, 07:55 PM
Thank you cruiser68! Discovered my AC is no longer blowing cold air - assuming the system is low on coolant. I am in elmhurst - are there many V owners out this way? Would love to get a mini meet together...

I've seen a couple V's on 355 as I commute to Wood Dale from Aurora. Don't see any around town at all. Good friend of mine lives near York High School and I'm in Villa Park once a week at a buddies house. Would definitely do a coffee or lunch meet if we got a few fellow V owners.

Also heard good things about Motorwerks, just too far for me.

FFBOS
04-13-12, 09:13 PM
I've gone to Patrick Cadillac so far. Haven't been there for "problems" yet just minor BS. Anyone hear anythingabout them?

rangerrob
04-13-12, 09:18 PM
I've gone to Patrick Cadillac so far. Haven't been there for "problems" yet just minor BS. Anyone hear anythingabout them?

Patrick is ok, I used to live in Schaumburg and that's where I took my 04V when it had issues. Nothing to brag about though... The best in NWI area that I've used was Schepel, in Merrillville, IN. Their service Dept. rocks. One of their guys autocrosses and loves seeing modded Vs.

Razorecko
04-13-12, 09:23 PM
screw Speed Inc. they hosed me before and I will never do business with them again... they did half-ass work and charged me for work they didn't even complete!

Can you give details ?

cts_v_rocks
04-14-12, 08:29 AM
I would be one of those V's you may have seen on 355. I saw two one day. One let me pass him and the other was a bit more spirited on the throttle :)

rangerrob
04-14-12, 09:02 AM
Can you give details ?

I went for a dyno tune, header, and short throw shifter install. Drop the car off and paid upfront, requested before and after results on the dyno... i pick it up the two days later and they give me one dyno pull sheet, no before #s... and to top it off i get home and open the trunk and my shot throw shifter was still sitting in the box! I paid for the install and they didnt' do it, then went back and had to drop the car off again for another day so they could pull their heads out of their @$$es... not happy with their lack of customer service and overpriced work... at their open house one year a couple people mentioned that they only treat you well if you spend several thousands of dollars at a time...

cruiser68
04-14-12, 10:57 AM
I would be one of those V's you may have seen on 355. I saw two one day. One let me pass him and the other was a bit more spirited on the throttle :)

Only visible mods on mine are a rear spoiler and the big heat exchanger in the lower facia. Super quiet at cruising speed too :)

xmaciek82x
04-14-12, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys for the info. Yes, heard a lot of good reviews about Speed Inc and few bad ones. Was wondering if there are any other shops local. My first domestic car so I'm pretty lost :)

About a small meet, I'm in. I live in Glendale Heights so right around where some of you mentioned live by.

Maybe starting a new thread about a Chicago NW Burbs meet should be started? What you guys think? Doesn't have to be anyhting crazy maybe at a local Starbucks or something.

AlphaKing
04-14-12, 11:24 AM
I live in Chicago and work out in the NW suburbs. I'd be interested in meeting up on a nice weekend.

I got my used V in January and took it to Patrick about a month ago for wheel clicking, sunroof noise, and supercharger marbles. The clicking is very persistant and extremely noticeable. They said they couldn't hear any clicking, even after driving the car about 20 miles to test the sunroof. They fixed the sunroof, which has since become very noisy again. They said the supercharger rattle was normal, per the GM TSB.

I work close to Motorwerks in Barrington, so I will take it there next time.

cadzilla32
04-14-12, 11:32 AM
About a small meet, I'm in. I live in Glendale Heights so right around where some of you mentioned live by.

Maybe starting a new thread about a Chicago NW Burbs meet should be started? What you guys think? Doesn't have to be anyhting crazy maybe at a local Starbucks or something.

A new thread makes sense xmacie82x! btw: apologies for hijacking yours...realized i took us off topic a bit. Grabbing a cup of coffee with other V owners in the area sounds great

xmaciek82x
04-14-12, 11:37 AM
A new thread makes sense xmacie82x! btw: apologies for hijacking yours...realized i took us off topic a bit. Grabbing a cup of coffee with other V owners in the area sounds great

Ha! No worries man. I'll start a new thread later tonight when I get home.