: E&G grille

medicCTS
04-11-12, 12:31 AM
Just ordered the E&G black ice heavy mesh grille for my 2011 CTS coupe performance. Not sure if I should tackle this project on my own or take it to the shop. Not that "hands on" when it comes to cars. Any one come into any issues with the install?
Also ordered the 20' Lexani R-six rims. Wanted machine with black lip but they are back ordered for 4+months :(, so I went with the chrome. My CTS coupe is diamond white, beautiful color but unsure how the chrome will look. Any suggestions on how to get a machine look with chrome wheels? Can they be lightly sanded to take away the chrome look? Stupid to do to brand new Lexani wheels but really my only option. I'm impatient and didn't want to wait the 4+ months lol. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Pdabs
04-11-12, 01:22 AM
Congrats on the purchase!
I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but the grill will not add any performance. Wrong forum! Haha

Rdecrane5
04-11-12, 06:50 AM
Just ordered the E&G black ice heavy mesh grille for my 2011 CTS coupe performance. Not sure if I should tackle this project on my own or take it to the shop. Not that "hands on" when it comes to cars. Any one come into any issues with the install?
Also ordered the 20' Lexani R-six rims. Wanted machine with black lip but they are back ordered for 4+months :(, so I went with the chrome. My CTS coupe is diamond white, beautiful color but unsure how the chrome will look. Any suggestions on how to get a machine look with chrome wheels? Can they be lightly sanded to take away the chrome look? Stupid to do to brand new Lexani wheels but really my only option. I'm impatient and didn't want to wait the 4+ months lol. Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

Where did you order your wheels from? I might be able to get them for you way faster if it's not to late. Unfortunately you would have to strip the chrome to get the look you are looking for with buying chrome wheels

medicCTS
04-11-12, 12:14 PM
Hey, thanks for the offer. But chrome Lexani R-six already ordered. Wish I had posted earlier. I tried almost every dealer I could find on the net in north America. Even called Lexani head office and they said they were back ordered for 4+ months. I ended up finding a company out of Vancouver which was nice because shipping was much cheaper and no brokerage fees. I'll have to wait to see how the chrome wheels look, they might look decent enough to keep chrome.

McLuv1n
01-03-13, 01:42 AM
can you post some pics of the grille and the wheels?? I was looking to get the same stuff for my coupe also. Would love to see some pics. Thanks