: Able to drive the car without the Radio installed?

Faber
04-10-12, 10:06 PM
Well, I'm planning to replace the radio/gps bezel & a bunch of the buttons. I've checked out Cadillacfaq.com and think I've got all my instructions done, however I'm curious if it's something I can't get done in a day or need to run out for some reason - newborn in the house so who knows for what - am I able to drive the car w/out the radio/gps unit installed?

D3l7a3ch0
04-11-12, 01:09 AM
the radio is a hulking monster, isn't it?

I've had mine out, but I never tried starting the car that way. would be worth a shot.......

atdeneve
04-11-12, 01:58 AM
You should have no problem driving the car around to do some chores, if need be, without the NAV unit installed.

vettepoweraddict
04-11-12, 10:07 AM
I drove my for a week while my NAV was in for repair no problem.

I also replace my buttons (chipping) it takes about an hour to do. Each button has a rubber gasket you have to carfully remove from the old button and re use on the new ones. Also note, not all the blank buttons with the dot are the same, it matters where you put them. Make notice of the "tabs" on the buttons you will see there are 2 differnt types. also you will have a hard time finding a small nut driver to remove the circuit boards. ( 1/8" I think) all I know the smallest Craftsman socket is too big. I used pliers

The only other thing be very carfull when removing the (2) ribbon cables that are attached to the display and the bezel holding the buttons. If you are too ruff with them they will tear.

Faber
04-11-12, 01:46 PM
thanks for the responses & additional words of advice.