Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Decibels Difference - Aftermarket Exhaust??

2K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  BigDog001 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

Just wondering what the difference in decibels was from stock exhaust to various aftermarkets at idle?? I want to get a Stainless Works, Corsa, or Magnaflow BUT worried it'll be a major sound change from stock. I take clients around in my car and having a "wolf in sheep's clothing" is perfect. Loud aftermarket exhausts aren't conducive to the people I entertain.

Thanks!!
Vz

#2 ·
Funny you should ask.
I just received my Corsa Axle Back "Touring" system today, and I was planning on measuring this myself.
I'll measure the levels tomorrow, of stock setup, and in a few days when I get it installed I'll measure it agin and let you know.
Probably be Sunday or Monday, as I'll take care of the install, most likely, on Saturday.
We shall see.

#3 ·
I installed a Corsa axle back touring exhaust because it was supposed to eliminate any drone - I can actually say that in the cabin I did not notice the difference but behind the car is an amazing difference - your clients should barely notice the difference. I love the exhaust.

#4 ·
#10 ·
Yep. I think I originally was looking at the Sport exhaust which I more expensive. Touring is online for ~$1,200.

What kind of power gains are you guys seeing with the Corsa??? I'm going to have a smaller pulley installed and tune at the same time. Hopefully seeing 20-30 HP gain over the 480 at the wheels I've got now from Intake and tune.

Cheers!

#11 ·
Honestly I did not measure it -- I did not do a tune as I did not want to risk warranty -- but I did also install an AIRAID Cold filter intake -- I did this about 1 month after the Corsa Axle back touring -- noticed a big difference once that was installed -- but again have not measured it nor did I do a Tune -- so it may all just be in my head!! LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.