: Drivers wheel click

jdubh25
04-10-12, 05:23 PM
I got a clicking noise coming from the front drivers wheel when making right turns, anybody know what this may be before I take it in? Thanks

MrHolland
04-10-12, 05:52 PM
Assuming its an all wheel drive and has similar components of a front wheel drive system, I would guess the C/V joint, or whatever it is called on our cars is going bad. Thats just a guess, especially since Ive never looked at the front end components on mine to know exactly what is under there.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-11-12, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear that, jdubh25! If you need further assistance after taking it to your dealership, please send me a private message with your name and VIN and I'd be happy to help. Hopefully, though, you'll be able to utilize the great community feedback, and the dealership will be able to provide you with a swift resolution!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jdubh25
04-11-12, 11:17 AM
Thanks to both of you, ill keep you informed.

dpo77380
04-25-12, 04:38 AM
WOW!! I thought that I was the only one who experienced this problem. The only difference is that I only hear it at accelerated speeds ie. 75mph plus. Not sure what it is but it sounds like its coming from directly under the steering column

48Dodge
04-25-12, 09:43 AM
WOW!! I thought that I was the only one who experienced this problem. The only difference is that I only hear it at accelerated speeds ie. 75mph plus. Not sure what it is but it sounds like its coming from directly under the steering column

What you're hearing sounds like it might be a bad shock.

jdubh25
06-19-12, 04:38 PM
So took it in a few days ago for service on a few things, this being one of them. Just got a call from the dealer & turns out it IS the front shocks (says they're leaking pretty bad). Never had any spots in my garage from this, or would I? Anyhow, they are replacing both front shocks under warranty! Thank you guys for your help!