: Recaro-Seat bolt removal

AC Promotions
04-10-12, 01:13 PM
Can anyone assist in instructing me on how to remove the four seat bolts on a Recato equipped seat? Are the bolts under the plastic trim panels on the back left & right or on the seat rails? Thanks in advance for the help.

flyingv
04-10-12, 03:16 PM
I just had mine out to grease all the metal to metal connections, It's much quieter now.

Remove the plastic trim pieces from the seat rails. They pull forward, then have to be pried up. The seat belt has to removed from the outside of the seat. Pry the round plug out of the adjuster, remove the 10mm bolt, pry the adjuster apart to unhook the seat belt from the lower part of the seat. Move the seat forward to access the rear bolts, there are 2 large Torx heads to remove. Move the seat all the way back to access the flap of carpet under the front of the seat that is velcroed on the top, pull the top out to access the wire harness connectors, I think there are 3. Be sure to remove the airbag fuse in the trunk before unhooking the airbag connector, it's the yellow one. After that the seat has to be pushed forward, then lifted to be removed. The front mounts are a "J" shaped sheet metal hook, not bolts. It is difficult to get the seat out of the car without a helper, so get someone to help you so you don't damage the interior.

AC Promotions
04-15-12, 02:29 PM
Thank you very much.

boplaw
04-15-12, 09:42 PM
Man. You know more than my dealer's tech. Bless his heart.