Cadillac Owners Forum banner

how to launch the V

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  cts v hank 
#1 ·
I just got my V last week and I raced my friend in his srt8 jeep and he got out way to far on me out the hole. What's the best way to launch the V. I have an automatic sedan.

#2 ·
Those jeeps launch incredibly hard.... hard to beat actually

#5 ·
Street launch. I turn TC off and leave the the tranny in normal drive mode and launch in 2nd. Take off by getting into the throttle about 1/2 way and when it hooks you can feed it throttle faster.(This is the part that takes lots of practice and knowing the conditions and your cars capability) If its cold I wouldn't bother trying to race a 4wd, with warm asphalt and practice you can keep within a car length or so at launch and then easily reel him in after that. I might run it in sport mode and launch in first if I have drag radials and the asphalt is warm.

#6 ·
Hey i do a short burnout holding the brake(power brakeing) with traction control off then when its time to go i simply roll into the throttle gently until it is on floor ( in sport transmission mode) so it starts in 1 gear.. and it usually is dead hooked thur 1 gear and away it goes.. my car is a 2012 sedan with a automatic trans... fixing to get drag.radials for.some ZO6 RIMS i have at my shop they are off a 2007 and im usually the front rims with a NITTO NT05 drag radial in a 18 inch size...i have the nittos for my GT500 and i can leave at 2900 rpm and the car bogs and leaves hard ... they work...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.