Cadillac Owners Forum banner

MICKEY THOMPSON - ET STREET RADIAL ll P305/35R19 Separation

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  xsvn2o 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a set on my V wagon with about 25 passes on them . on the inside of the sidewall (near the point it meets the tread) both tires appear to be separating . I was wondering if anyone has experienced this before ?

See less See more
#4 ·
I've seen the same thing on some Toyo R888's that were used on a road course before being heat cycled. They were peeling apart way worse than yours. When I got my 888's It was recommended by Toyo to drive them on the street for a couple hundred miles before using them on the race track. Different kind of racing, but a sticky compound tire like the MT ET street with <100 treadwear.

#7 ·
I called M/T and was told the problem was caused by driving it on the street along with a few pulls on the dyno And it was normal . I was shocked because I run our other high hp cars (1000 - 1300 rwhp) on the dyno (several pulls) and I have never experienced this before with the mt 295 drag radials

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.