: What are the best tires

mikey cado
04-10-12, 07:55 AM
I am looking to replace my rims with the 22 in platnum rims and i whant to know what are the best tires for ride and mileage and noise

Ghost Deany
04-10-12, 11:25 AM
I had the Yokohama Prada Spec X and they were great

JJaiman
04-10-12, 11:49 AM
I have Goodyear Fortera's in 305-45-22 on my truck and love them. They're quiet on the highway, have an aggressive tread for rain and snow, and have a 500 treadwear rating. Also, going with a slightly taller tire gives a bit more sidewall which will slightly help the ride (was a huge difference over my stock bridgestones).

hcvone
04-10-12, 04:58 PM
Best? Don't know if there is a best, the longest lasting is the Bridgestone that comes with your truck, 600 tread wear rating, no other tire will last longer. Best ride? That will be your softest tire either Firestone Destination ST (400) or Kumho STX (420) . The softer tires will make less noise on most road surfaces, you may want something middle of the road like as said above Goodyear Fortera's has a 500 tread wear rating, won't last as long as the Bridgestone but will handle better and make less noise, of couse if you want handling get Hotchkis sway bars. ;)

lousy_investor
04-10-12, 10:57 PM
I wanted the parada spec-x but they were 7 month backordered. A friend of mine listened to me and drove down to Buffalo (we are from Toronto) got them for his murano on the cheap. Loves them. the parada spec-x could be had for less than $1000 for the set installed, but nope.. not available. My local tire guy that I really trusted recommended the aforementioned firestone and goodyear, with the goodyear running almost $300 more expensive for the set. I am going to give the firestone a try. Will probably get them on next week.

Cheers!

Ghost Deany
04-10-12, 11:28 PM
Parada Spec X are off back order and in stock at tirerack.com, I may order mine now because i will need tires soon. The Firestone Destination ST are also great, I have them on now they came on it when i bought my truck used. Their almost worn out and still really quiet on the road. They would be my 2nd choice after the Yokos

mikey cado
04-11-12, 07:57 AM
thank you i have the firestone and had to flats with them from road debrie

robs07esv
04-11-12, 10:31 AM
I was wondering the same thing!! I am going to upgrade my 22's to the platinum wheels and want new tires. I have Nitto 420s tires on it now in Michigan and can say they are horrible in the snow! Great for dry weather conditions but not for snow/slush. I was just reading about the Parada spec-x (thanks to the post above) and trying to decide between OEM Bridgestone or those for all around performance. I don't want to waste another $1200 on tires so I'm slow to pull the trigger on this one. The Nitto's are less then a year old and the tire shop is giving me $200 for the set. Not real happy about that!

K9Caddy
04-11-12, 11:07 AM
I like the stock tires, they ride good enough for me. My second choice would be between Goodyear Fortera's or the Pirelli P-Zero's.

cangolf
04-11-12, 03:44 PM
The Nitto 420 S as a previous poster mentioned are a good summer tire. They are not meant for all season or winter and if you are looking for that performance, then other tires are better for you. I find the 420's to meet my needs for 7 months of the year and use a set of Winter tires on 18 in rims for cold and snow driving. I have found that all season tires usually are average in all conditions and good in none. You may be able to arrange a win/win and buy the used set here:)

RippyPartsDept
04-11-12, 04:09 PM
i think that the bridgestone dueller hl alenza tire that comes from the factory is a pretty good tire

the goodyear fortera is a good alternative also

both in stock size: 285/45r22

bruin300
04-12-12, 01:12 PM
I put Nexen Roadian on my Escalade. They have a better ride. You can feel them grab the road when you are taking them turns.

murphy
04-12-12, 03:54 PM
I like the stock tires, they ride good enough for me. My second choice would be between Goodyear Fortera's or the Pirelli P-Zero's.

I like them too..just bought them again for the third time...good solid all round performers..

Rustico
04-12-12, 05:58 PM
I have the Firestone Destination ST and they are so smooth. 35 psi