: Stock Tape/CD player problems on a FWB-94

caneazer
11-21-04, 10:46 AM
Hi Im having a Fleetwood Brougham -94 and the radio works great , but the tape-player act like the power was off ( the tape will not stay in it )
CD-player do not work at all and :confused: will not either take the disc unless im putting it in all the way with a small screwdriver and will not come out for a touch at eject-button unless im turn the radio off and then touch the eject-button.
Do anyone have a knowledge about whats wrong ?

caddycruiser
11-21-04, 11:26 AM
Hi Im having a Fleetwood Brougham -94 and the radio works great , but the tape-player act like the power was off ( the tape will not stay in it )
CD-player do not work at all and :confused: will not either take the disc unless im putting it in all the way with a small screwdriver and will not come out for a touch at eject-button unless im turn the radio off and then touch the eject-button.
Do anyone have a knowledge about whats wrong ?

I'm not sure of what's wrong but my '93 with cassette-only will not keep a tape inside either--put it in, it clicks a few times while it's switching sides a few times (no idea why it would be doing this either), and then just spits the tape back out. Radio works fine, though.

caneazer
11-21-04, 11:41 AM
Your tape-playerproblem sounds like the drivebelt is broken
Caneazer

FASSTWOOD
11-21-04, 03:39 PM
It sounds like you need a new radio. I had the same problems with mine also. I just replaced it with an aftermarket radio... Or you could send your radio for repair. This seems to be a common problem on our cars, a decent repair shop should know what to do to repair them...

caneazer
11-21-04, 04:36 PM
Hi Fasstwood
I think the problem on my Tape/CD-player seems like a bad connection I think its almost impossible that Tape and CD-player will give up mechanically at the same time, Im just waiting to hear if someone have solved the problem on their car.
Do you know if the Radio/Tape/CD-player running over one fuse or two ?