: Platic bezel around thermostat controls "around 300$"!?!

pirategrad87
04-09-12, 02:18 PM
Just broke the black plastic trim piece, or bezel, that goes around the AC/heat controls at the bottom of the center console. I called my local Cadillac dealership and they needed my VN# (which I didn't have at work) but suggested I was probably looking at around 300$:dammit:

My car is a Black 2007 CTS-V with the tan interior but the center console is all black. Does anyone have any cheaper ideas? It looks like the regular CTS uses the same piece so I am thinking about checking junk yards - If anyone could confirm this it would be much appreciated!

thebigjimsho
04-09-12, 02:37 PM
Check with Luke at Lindsay Cadillac...

LAYGO
04-09-12, 03:20 PM
That piece is $150ish on GMPartsDirect IIRC. I just got one off ebay for $50 shipped w/a broken ash tray (which I don't need). :D

CadzillaTN
04-09-12, 04:23 PM
Mine is sort of bowed out at the top middle, and it's been that way forever. I always hoped it just wasn't snapped in good but I've not attempted removal and reinstall (well, I did and almost messed it up)

Seeing these prices makes me fine with it being jacked up.

LAYGO
04-09-12, 04:39 PM
http://www.trademotion.com/parts/2006/CADILLAC/CTS/V/?siteid=214858&vehicleid=1432478&section=BODY%20HARDWARE&group=&subgroup=&component=&diagram=viewAll

Hmm, haven't found it yet.

pirategrad87
04-09-12, 06:03 PM
Laygo what search term did you use to find it on Ebay? That is an excellent idea! Heck the 150$ part would be half price, I wish I could find it.
Cadzilla mine was having the same problem except it was the top right side... pushing harder was not the right way to handle the problem!
Bigjim I would speak with your friend Luke, but I don't want to seem like a heckler when I am trying to get him to match the price that Laygo seems to have found on a parts site.

You guys are awesome, man I love this forum already!

pirategrad87
04-09-12, 08:51 PM
So I found a guy selling the trim for an 03-06 cts on eBay but I assume that won't work... still looking for it

Faber
04-09-12, 09:27 PM
Call Luke to double check. That seems high since the bezel that goes around the GPS unit was on $35 - can't imagine why that one would be so expensive...might be pricing out the entire assembly vs. just trim plate ?

CadzillaTN
04-09-12, 10:22 PM
yep I'm being lazy but since it's fresh on the OP brain, how do you take that piece off? (Without breaking it haha)

alradco
04-09-12, 11:47 PM
What a rip!

thebigjimsho
04-10-12, 08:33 AM
Laygo what search term did you use to find it on Ebay? That is an excellent idea! Heck the 150$ part would be half price, I wish I could find it.
Cadzilla mine was having the same problem except it was the top right side... pushing harder was not the right way to handle the problem!
Bigjim I would speak with your friend Luke, but I don't want to seem like a heckler when I am trying to get him to match the price that Laygo seems to have found on a parts site.

You guys are awesome, man I love this forum already!

Id still call him to check.

pirategrad87
04-13-12, 12:19 PM
Cadzilla - Watch this video. I can't tell you any better than this really. Just be very careful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVzCNjvQn7E

I am still hunting on ebay for the bezel but if I haven't found it by next month I am just going to have to call this Luke guy!

LAYGO
04-15-12, 02:40 AM

Actually, I lied, it was $40! :D I'm going to take the broken ash try out soon & get it back in. It's already cracked in the middle though, but not on the front visible side. I'm going to figure out a way to reinforce it so it wont snap.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemVersion&view=all&item=251023525538&tid=0&ssPageName=ADME:X:UPIOB:US:1123

I just searched "cts-v bezel". Lots of digging. I narrowed the focus down to Parts & Accessories.

I'm ready to buy an air deflector/shifter bezel brand new. So fed up with those broken parts.

pirategrad87
04-16-12, 12:05 PM
I just found this and I get the impression that I could use the trim piece even though the ash tray looks slightly different from behind... It is for the regular CTS so it has a chrome strip on the compartment door but otherwise it LOOKS the same..... Think I am about to buy it, but I would love it if anyone knew if this bezel would fit on my V. Thanks guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-Cadillac-CTS-HEATER-SURROUND-DASH-BEZEL-W-STORAGE-/251037979854?hash=item3a730794ce&item=251037979854&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_1686wt_1037

LAYGO
04-16-12, 02:29 PM
I just found this and I get the impression that I could use the trim piece even though the ash tray looks slightly different from behind... It is for the regular CTS so it has a chrome strip on the compartment door but otherwise it LOOKS the same..... Think I am about to buy it, but I would love it if anyone knew if this bezel would fit on my V. Thanks guys!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/07-Cadillac-CTS-HEATER-SURROUND-DASH-BEZEL-W-STORAGE-/251037979854?hash=item3a730794ce&item=251037979854&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr#ht_1686wt_1037

Looks the same to me. I think the whole ashtray assembly is removable, I just haven't figure out HOW yet. There is an allen hex head screw on one end of the pivot points, but it's got like " clearance, I'm not sure how to get a wrench on it. Unless I cut a wrench, but I'm not even sure how big it is. I'll take some pics of what I'm talking about later. I'm in the middle of spring cleaning the house (helluva way to spend a week off from work).

pirategrad87
04-16-12, 02:45 PM
Laygo - I think once you get the whole assembly out you will be able to figure it out. I took mine out just fine, it's the getting it back in part that was a little tougher. I think that unless I hear someone tell me it wont work I will go ahead and make the purchase tonight and let you guys know later if it is interchangeable... Got my fingers crossed!

RippyPartsDept
04-16-12, 04:46 PM
Depending on your RPO codes it will list from $210-$285

the options are B18 (woodgrain) and DT4 (ashtray smokers package) with or without either or both of those options

that's for all CTS vehicles

it looks to me like there's only one for the CTS-V #25750258 (which is the expensive one)

cheapest i can sell that one is $208.59

luke can sometimes beat my prices - might want to check with him just to see

of course salvage (if you can find it) is going to be the cheapest route probably

Claimslngr
04-16-12, 11:34 PM
cheapest i can sell that one is $208.59

luke can sometimes beat my prices - might want to check with him just to see

of course salvage (if you can find it) is going to be the cheapest route probably

That's a class act Chris, proud to have you on here!

pirategrad87
04-17-12, 11:11 AM
Well looks like someone bought it before I got to it... Still don't know if it would have worked but I feel like maybe I should have taken the chance. Chris I appreciate the info! The way you worded it I am left to assume that buying the trim piece I need is only possible if you buy the whole assembly with ash tray/coin tray and the lighter/acc power plug.. is that correct? I am trying to hard to save up for Kooks/Corsa right now and 200$ here and there adds up really fast! Maybe I should spend my time looking for a bigger salary job haha!

RippyPartsDept
04-17-12, 12:34 PM
well GM only sells it as that full assembly (ashtray/coinholder + surround bezel)

as far as I can tell there is a difference between the regular CTS version and the CTS-V version (maybe the interior ebony color is a bit different?)