Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What's a V look like after a 40 to 45 mph hit?

3K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  GM-4-LIFE 
#1 ·
Pretty bad. My wife was stopped in traffic, was hit from behind by a 'distracted' driver who never hit the brakes. The impact drove the V into the vehicle ahead hard enough to deploy driver's air bag. My wife was able to walk into the ER, but likely will have on-going back and neck issues. The V absorbed the impact as designed and is totaled. We won't be getting another V, so I am signing off the forum. It has been a great source of information for the V and the N* STS before that. Drive safe out there. David

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Alloy wheel Luxury vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Grille Automotive exterior

See less See more
#2 ·
Ouch. Sorry to see that damage and I wish your wife well in her recovery. Thankfully it wasn't worse.

Any particular reason you don't want another V? What are you going to change to?

#7 ·
Nice to see that the V did its job to protect your wife. :thumbsup: Super-glad she's alive. The V seems to hold up to crashes very well....makes me more confident in the car.

#8 ·
Here's to your wife's speedy recovery. Been there. This may seem like a strange question, but what seats did you guys have, Recaro or standard?

#11 ·
Glad your wife is OK. Bummer about the car.

Life is precious, be glad everyone is ok. I was nearly taken out (permanently) in my V after only a week's ownership by some dipsh*t texting that ran a red light 4-way intersection after the light had been red a good 5-10sec. Would have crushed me directly in the driver's door had I not swerved and slammed on my brakes, and he was doing 50mph easy. I get queasy thinking about what I avoided by seeing him coming...

Stay alert & stay safe everyone.

#12 ·
sorry to hear that... I've been in an accident exactly like that except the distracted driver hit me at 60 while I was stopped for traffic. Glad to hear your wife made it through it okay. The injuries took me about 2.5yrs to recover from...

With that said, the V looks pretty good for taking a hit like that.
Lot of cars fold up and start to invade the passenger cabin.

#14 ·
HMM that would have been harsh on anyone sitting in the back seat... Especially a child.. Im shocked that the cover came off that easy....

#15 ·
Glad to hear your wife is alright. She will enjoy the 335, but damn they are small inside. I was at Cleveland PickaPart yesterday and saw three totalled V's. I can't believe anyone would survive two of them. Yours actually looks rebuildable, have to keep an eye on copart for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.