: Lock pick for CTS

zek4964
04-09-12, 07:43 AM
Is there a lock pic mod for the nav display. This enables the nav unit to be programmed while driving and be able to watch a DVD while going down the road. Is there one for the CTS? I know there is one for the STS.

Jagillac
04-09-12, 09:58 AM
Is there a lock pic mod for the nav display. This enables the nav unit to be programmed while driving and be able to watch a DVD while going down the road. Is there one for the CTS? I know there is one for the STS.

I believe there is one. I saw a video on YouTube showing the instal.

kingtj
04-09-12, 11:07 AM
Yes, you can use the one made by PAC:

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=996&CategoryID=34

The "lockpick" branded one in some of those older YouTube videos is no longer in production, though.

zek4964
04-09-12, 07:38 PM
The Pac does not say it unlocks the DVD feature just blue tooth and NAV.

Rdecrane5
04-09-12, 09:48 PM
PAC unlocks the DVD also.

larryb
04-10-12, 09:56 PM
Yes looks like it will unlock nav. I am interested in this product as well. However the install looks like it used a switch which is not used for heated steering wheel, I emailed them if this module can still be installed, waiting to hear back. I haven't found any other modules that will work with late model cts 2011-12

zek4964
04-11-12, 02:04 AM
It would be nice to hear from you when you do here back from them on that issue.

larryb
04-11-12, 05:58 PM
Yes they say unlocks everything that "locks' when car put in drive, so yes should unlock dvd, sound like install on 2011 would be similar to the Vs using mirrow switch, just waiting for last confirmation and I will order NU-CTS2, also looking for input on how hard to install this..

kingtj
04-11-12, 11:18 PM
I can confirm this for you. I have a 2011 and installed the NU-CTS2 already. This is exactly how it works ... You press the "up arrow" on the mirror directional adjustment twice (once to activate the feature and the second time to acknowledge it when the DIC displays a message asking you to confirm it). The install was pretty straightforward. I didn't have to change any of the default DIP switches found on the box itself. They shipped it properly configured for me. The only problem I had was prying the wood trim pieces off that must be removed to get the stereo out of the dash. At least on my car, those suckers were on TIGHT and even with a couple of trim tools, I managed to gouge a chip out of the corner of the piece on the driver's side of the shifter. :(

Yes they say unlocks everything that "locks' when car put in drive, so yes should unlock dvd, sound like install on 2011 would be similar to the Vs using mirrow switch, just waiting for last confirmation and I will order NU-CTS2, also looking for input on how hard to install this..

larryb
04-12-12, 08:42 AM
Could U give more info on install or where U found instructions on how to remove radio?

Wag-O-Neer
04-12-12, 11:09 PM
Could U give more info on install or where U found instructions on how to remove radio?

Seems pretty straight forward

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe1P2wNdBQM

larryb
04-12-12, 11:24 PM
great thanks, looks easy , let U know how it works

larryb
04-18-12, 09:35 AM
just installed and was straighforward, careful with trim but used plastic trim tool and worked fine, unlock works great using mirrow button, took a bit to get both mirror lights off though