: Rear door

torr714
04-08-12, 10:43 PM
I went into NYC for car show and dinner tonight. Parked just across the street and when I came out found tailgate down but not closed and stuff from trunk on the ground. I'm hoping that maybe I hit trunk button on remote. I just notice you can open glass and trunk matter if doors are locked is that normal. On another note went to car show to look at esv. Only a hybrid and a short wheelbase not even a platinum very disappointed. Was told to look a Chevy for the length

hannity
04-08-12, 11:59 PM
I'm not sure how easy it is to break into the lift gate. However i do know that the escalade is extremely easy to break into. They some how manage to pry the door handle from the body and lift it and get the door open. This happened to me and someone stole my third row seats. Came back to the truck and the alarm did not even go off. When I called the police the the officer that came told me of how thieves are getting into escalades. So I would assume that the lift gate would be no different. I am sorry for what happened to you, and i know how you feel right now. And not having a platinum at the car show seems very odd.