: usa spec ?

tommy compton
04-08-12, 08:33 PM
Installed a usa spec ipod adapter but how do I get it to direct mode so I can control songs from my Iphone?
Instructions suck ass. I have almost no Idea how to select playlists from the head unit. I would rather use my Iphone for controls, but have no clue how.

JFC
04-10-12, 02:56 PM
I have had a USA SPEC iPod adapter for a couple months now. It has one of the worst user interfaces I have ever had to use. Every interaction you have is a fight with its desire to play all songs in alphabetical order. (Note to manufacturer: That is NEVER what I want. Doing nothing until given a task is a much better default action.)

I usually start with the iPod unplugged, start playing the album or playlist I want, pause, plug it in, and go. Next time I select XM2 the song will restart. Note that if you leave XM2 the iPod may keep playing. Be careful if you're playing a podcast where items are erased after you listen to them. Once the playlist or album ends, or if you use the seek button to try to go past the beginning, the gadget will switch to the only thing it really wants to do: playing all your songs in alphabetical order.

If you have to program it through the radio there are a few actions to remember and I have to experiment with them to relearn every time what the right order is.

seek button quick press
seek ahead long press and hold (more than a second or two)
tap tuner dial
rotate tuner dial
press "back" soft button, if it is displayed in the mode

The programmable channel buttons at right don't seem to do anything because the adapter only uses one channel.

If you search through the manual one of the radio types will have actions similar to these. That section is the one for your radio.

tommy compton
04-10-12, 04:27 PM
I had to eventually call for customer support and get the guy to walk me through it I don't think I would have ever figured it out on my own. I started learning to use and select the playlists from the head unit but what a pain. I got it so i can control it from my I phone(much better) you can still use the steering wheel to skip tracks. If I could only control it from the head unit I would hae not been impressed. The way it works now is perfect for me, I could care less about seeing the songs on the head unit, considering my Ipone is mounted right beside it. I have it also paired to a galaxy and an I radar which all works well. The only thing is Siri voice commands don't work well because my car is too loud.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-11-12, 11:41 AM
tommy compton, I'm sorry to hear about your experience! Glad our Customer Assistance Center could walk you through it and glad you're happy with the situation as it stands now. Feedback is always appreciated, so I have documented the instruction frustrations mentioned on this thread.

JFC, thank you for taking the time to share that helpful info!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

FuzzyLogic
04-11-12, 12:45 PM
tommy compton, I'm sorry to hear about your experience! Glad our Customer Assistance Center could walk you through it and glad you're happy with the situation as it stands now. Feedback is always appreciated, so I have documented the instruction frustrations mentioned on this thread.

JFC, thank you for taking the time to share that helpful info!

Best,

Katie

Not your customer service. RTM before you post and try to take credit for someone else's work.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-11-12, 04:53 PM
Not your customer service. RTM before you post and try to take credit for someone else's work.
My apologies, all! FuzzyLogic, no offense was meant by my original post and thank you for letting me know. My oversight was definitely not intentional; I had mistakenly been referring to page 7-2 of the 2006 CTS-V owner manual. I'll make sure to clarify in future posts!

tommy compton, I'm still glad you were able to get the assistance you needed! Sorry for accidentally threadjacking with my embarrassing error.

Katie