: 2004 cts v vs 2003 e46 m3

nick22acc
04-08-12, 10:15 AM
Pretty general I know but I would appreciate some input about the pros and cons of both since I'm looking into getting one or the other. Thanks

I~LUV~Caddys8792
04-08-12, 10:19 AM
I'm gonna move this to the V1 discussion forum. You'll get more specific feedback there.

PISNUOFF
04-08-12, 11:31 AM
It all depends on the condition of each. I also have an E36 BMW, it's a '92 and I still live the way it rides and how quiet it still is inside. Sorry, not much help.

garrettg
04-08-12, 01:18 PM
The physical size of the cars and # of doors should help the decision. Speed wise around most tracks in stock trim they should be about even. The e39 m5 is better comparison to the V1 as on paper they are nearly copies. The maf and clutch issues pushed me towards the v. The v is cheaper to mod like headers until say the e90 335i comes into the picture. I would decide if you want a coupe or not then go from there. If you want a coupe any m3 is a desired choice imho.

thebigjimsho
04-08-12, 03:24 PM
The drivetrain of the V is much more easily replaceable and moddable. For a used car well out of warranty, the V hands down.

And I LOVE those M3s, BTW. So I'm not talking out of bias...

nick22acc
04-08-12, 03:41 PM
I'm not sure I'm going to articulate this correctly haha. But what is the highest mileage I should go for the V and m3 for buying. The V I want low mileage cause nobody buys a V to drive slowly. And I know the m3 is the same cause everybody buys it to beat on it, but I have people tell me that high mileage means nothing for BMWs in general including the m3.

----------

Btw I don't plan on modding either one to heavily. the V is raw power and the m is refined power and either one will be enough to make me happy.