: 07 Escalade door panel discoloration

NRFoose
04-07-12, 04:11 PM
I recently bought a 07 escalade with ebony interior. the upper door panel is turning blue and seems like it happened over the last couple of weeks. I did have the windows tinted and thought something he may have put on it may have caused this but i seen an older post on the same thing. Just wanting to know how many people have had this problem and if they have just replaced them or have found something to make them black again. It looks terrible and really wanna fix it. thought about even trying to dye them back black. thanks for any info

07BlkOnBlkEXT
04-07-12, 06:54 PM
I 2nd this, my black door panels are changing purplish/bluish, any remedies? Anyone had luck with getting this fixed by Cadillac?

Punmax
04-08-12, 03:37 AM
No problems here.

PeteKT
04-08-12, 11:42 AM
You sure thats not the two tone interior on the doors, the bottom is black and the tops are usually a grayish blue.

07BlkOnBlkEXT
04-09-12, 03:46 AM
You sure about that PeteKT? Two tone interior on the doors? I don't think so, am I wrong?

PeteKT
04-09-12, 02:53 PM
Yup, go open any escalade door and look at the top piece compared to the bottom piece of the door, the top is a lighter color and it matches the upper part of the Dash, ill try to get a pic but usually they show the same in pics.

steffy628
04-09-12, 10:16 PM
Yup...had that problem too. All four door panels were replaced under the manufacturer's warranty.

NRFoose
04-09-12, 11:13 PM
Yea im pretty sure they're not suppose to be 2 tone. I really hate to buy new door panels but im afraid you'll be able to tell the difference if I try dying them back black. I dont think Id be able to get cadillac to replace them for free. Now that I've noticed it, its bugs the crap out of me

Mackda600
04-08-14, 11:24 PM
Any solution ever found to painting or dying these?