: Rear Diff vent instructions with pictures?

lopycam
04-07-12, 09:11 AM
Hi Guys and Gals,
I am looking for a step by step instructions that explains how to install the vent extension on the rear diff. I have a 2006 cts-v that seems to leaking some fuild from the rear diff vent and I found that there is a tsb on this. I just can find any pictures of how to do this. I feel like I have been searching for a while. I must just suck at searching. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Nathan

darkman
04-07-12, 05:45 PM
See attached

Aurora40
04-08-12, 03:07 PM
Somewhere on the board, the tech from Lindsay mentioned he no longer bothers to install the vent mod. He said it rarely fixed the issue, it just moves the leak.

Ive's V
04-08-12, 09:25 PM
I did the relocation on my 2004, which as an 06 rear diff. and the leak has been gone since. The thing is, you really need to unbolt the diff and lower it, not the subframe, just the diff, and that will allow you to clamp the hose to the old vent. Mine has been dry for 2 years since I relocated it.

lopycam
04-09-12, 10:28 AM
I did the relocation on my 2004, which as an 06 rear diff. and the leak has been gone since. The thing is, you really need to unbolt the diff and lower it, not the subframe, just the diff, and that will allow you to clamp the hose to the old vent. Mine has been dry for 2 years since I relocated it.

I was hoping to do it without lowering the diff but it seems to be the only way to do it correctly. Thanks.

What are everybody's thoughts on adding a coil of hose or say 24 inches instead of 12 inches? I am hoping to give more room for expansion. I have even considered a accumulator or something like that but I dont know where to get one.

Thoughts?

I appreciate all the help.Thanks.
Nathan

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-09-12, 10:46 AM
Glad to see the forum members have helped so far, Nathan! Please keep us updated on your progress, and feel free to send me an email anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have lingering questions. I'm not a licensed technician but happy to assist where I can.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service