: Infiniti QX11 Did you Consider this?

uflj50
04-07-12, 09:21 AM
Hi Everyone, I am considering trading my 2010 SUV, while I love the looks, the sound of the exhaust and motor and the ride I just cannot seem to get over all the little quirks of the lade. A few rattles and such, inside cabin noise at hwy speeds is deafening, cheap materials for a lux suv, and OMG where did they dig up the nav from? Must have been some major overstock from the early 90's. I know I could unlock it but honestly, I dont want to have to twitch my foot while holding the lock button down and try to push the cruise button on three times just to be able to use the thing while moving. Now I'm not bashing, no car is perfect but these things really need some updating. Did anyone consider or have any experiance witht the 2011/2012 QX11? I have not driven one, I took a look at one the other day and while the over-all looks did not make me jump around it did start to grow on me the more I studied it. The interior is beautiful, quality materials and the fit & finish are excellent. Fully loaded 4x4 is 77,000 so its in the same ball park as a new lade. I've seen a few posts about the 11 & 12 lades being a little better on the noise levels (HVCONE- always has the scoop!) I owuld assume the upcoming model would have the new multi meadia that caddy has coming out this summer. Comments?

MrHolland
04-07-12, 11:23 AM
I considered one before I purchased our Escalade. The interior was nice and they have some great features that I would enjoy. In the end though, I couldn't get past the looks of the thing. The Q is ugly, and as fake as this will sound; I enjoy the status of a Cadillac. The Q simply does not say "Ive arrived."

hannity
04-07-12, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone, I am considering trading my 2010 SUV, while I love the looks, the sound of the exhaust and motor and the ride I just cannot seem to get over all the little quirks of the lade. A few rattles and such, inside cabin noise at hwy speeds is deafening, cheap materials for a lux suv, and OMG where did they dig up the nav from? Must have been some major overstock from the early 90's. I know I could unlock it but honestly, I dont want to have to twitch my foot while holding the lock button down and try to push the cruise button on three times just to be able to use the thing while moving. Now I'm not bashing, no car is perfect but these things really need some updating. Did anyone consider or have any experiance witht the 2011/2012 QX11? I have not driven one, I took a look at one the other day and while the over-all looks did not make me jump around it did start to grow on me the more I studied it. The interior is beautiful, quality materials and the fit & finish are excellent. Fully loaded 4x4 is 77,000 so its in the same ball park as a new lade. I've seen a few posts about the 11 & 12 lades being a little better on the noise levels (HVCONE- always has the scoop!) I owuld assume the upcoming model would have the new multi meadia that caddy has coming out this summer. Comments?

For the money, technology, customer service, and build quality. The QX56 is the best choice.The only reason i got a RR after getting rid of the escalade is because Fukashima is still leaking radiation. Humans are supposed to be exposed to about 10 to 25 Baraquels of radiation a day depending on your government and what they say is safe. Tepco has raised the exposure limits at least 15 times since the tsunami. The Daichi power plant in Fukashma has been leaking radiation at a rate of 1000 Baraquels per hour. Nissan is checking only 10 cars per 5000 shipped. The measures they are using are inadequate to properly check for radiation. The Japanese government has been checking air filters in cars and in air planes and they know the severity of the situation but down play it significantly. That's why as much as I live and die by Japanese quality and dependability I had to break my ties and buy something else. I had been eyeing the QX since words of the redesign. But for the reason I already mentioned I had to turn else where. Nuclear radiation, particularly cesium can go through anything except lead. At that point it will disrupt DNA and may cause abnormal cell growth. Particles can get lodged in the lung and become malignant and it can even enter bone marrow. I don't mean to be a wet blanket, Lord knows I love Japanese cars but the risk right now, even though it's a year later is just too great. I just wanted to inform you because main stream media is not talking about the situation in Japan. However if you go to Japanese news websites there are some who release information and give updates. On top of that, the most American car is the Toyota Sequoia in which 80% of it is built in the U.S. However 20% of the parts for it are imported from Japan. So even the Japanese cars built in America still pose a risk.That being said.....

The good news... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFVYalL4JqE

The bad news.... :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmOhix59YVo&feature=fvst

kgb14
04-07-12, 06:50 PM
I also did not consider the Infiniti QX11 and would not because of the looks. The Escalade is a better choice for me, I like the engine and the looks, great wheels, handling, power running boards, etc. But since the current Escalade has been around since, what, 2007, it needs a refreshing and many of the options of the Infiniti QX11 like the better interior added (minus the radiation). When I go on a long trip, I use my portable Garmin instead of the regular nav, sorry GM. But I'm sure the Infiniti QX11 has the same lawyering every factory nav I have seen has to stop you from doing much while you are moving.

And the unsaid reason I think our friend Hanity hates GM (it is now owned by the government and the UAW) may so taint the next Escalade version if they make it more Volt-like instead of Escalade-like would also ruin it for me. We will see but for now I have really enjoyed mine and am happy.

Punmax
04-08-12, 03:30 AM
Can't compare a truck that came out in 2007 to a 2011 (or 2012) model. I'm sure the next generation Esky will blow everything away. That being said, I find the interior of the QX stunning! Take it for a long test drive, and see how you like it.

paidge7
04-08-12, 10:57 AM
hi, to be honest its a really long debate. Personnaly i own a 08 escalade my dad owned a 09 Qx and just trade it in for a bramd new 12 Qx. he enjoyed the car on every aspect but homestly for me an escalade is an escalade, The look, drive is way better on the escalade ( drive on the QX is too soft for me i mean you really think you are in a car, i love when you forget youre driving a big SUV but at some points give me some male attitude. ) The Nav system is way superior on the QX this is true it was in 2009 and its even better in 2012 but if you use it 10 times a year and its just to know where you go its up to you. Multimedia is also better in the QX.

So its simple test them both but if your that kind of guy that is more about staying with OEM wheels because he love the smooth ride but prefer tweekin the nav system maybe QX is your deal but if your more about knowing if 28's can fit on your lade and how low can you go, the new 2012 esky platinum with dual rear exhaust can be your best bet.

sorry for my bad english i try my best.

last question can we mesure the radiation in a truck i would like to have my dad QX tested to be sure it doesnt represent any significant health danger.

PeteKT
04-08-12, 11:40 AM
To me the Escalade is the nicest looking truck out there, I rarely use my navigation except when i think it looks cool to have it on while driving :) plus its the name CADILLAC, that makes people look and stare an infiniti is just that, i wouldnt even look twice if i seen one on the road.

Sorry but to me id rather buy an american made care and thats Cadillac