: Need a replacement DVD drive for my Nav

aeronca36606
04-06-12, 03:33 PM
Hello

I have been trying to load the firmware into my Denso Nav. Turns out my DVD drive is bad. Does anyone have a bad 02 to 05 Denso Nav unit that i could buy? I just need the DVD drive out of it so the condition of the rest of the unit is not important.

The drive was playing the map DVD's with no problem but will not play a CD. Since the Firmware is on the CD, I can't reload the Firmware.

If i can't find a bad Nav, i may try to change the Laser in the drive if i can find the part.

Thank you.

Bruce

Cadillac Shawn
06-07-13, 08:35 PM
I'm in the same boat. I pulled my radio out, then took my radio apart, tedious, then pulled the DVD out of the top of the unit and put the whole thing back in my car so I have music until I can find the replacement DVD drive. I think I may know what the problem was now that I have it out but there's no way I can know for sure until I have time tomorrow to pull it out again and plug it in to see if it works.

All I need is the DVD that bolts into the unit. If anyone knows where to get one, let me know!

aeronca36606
06-09-13, 03:20 AM
The only new replacements i have seen for sale in the us are here on e-pay. I found some in Germany but even more expensive. This is the dvd and gps module made by alpine if i remember correctly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251073628211

Very expensive. I have not replaced mine yet as i had a spare nave unit. Make sure that you check the part number first.
DVS-2010