: second row arm rests

myers_69885
04-06-12, 12:02 AM
My arm rests on my second row seats won't stay up.i thought i would remove the plastic gromet on the armrest and see if there was any adjustment. Any help would be appreciated. Or just let me know if i am out of luck.

sasakura
04-06-12, 02:03 AM
There is a 10mm nut on the outside of an exposed stud that you will need to tighten. Mine has come loose twice since retightening, so I have just tried adding some locktite. We will see how long this fix lasts.

myers_69885
04-06-12, 04:19 AM
Cool thanks for the info.

48Dodge
04-06-12, 09:19 AM
There is a 10mm nut on the outside of an exposed stud that you will need to tighten. Mine has come loose twice since retightening, so I have just tried adding some locktite. We will see how long this fix lasts.

The driver side middle row seat kept getting lose even after tightening so I added locktite to it about 5 months ago. Still holding up. Did the passenger side for good measure.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-06-12, 10:49 AM
myers_69885, was the helpful feedback above able to help you resolve your arm rest issue? Please let us know when you get the chance!

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Nice Ride
04-08-12, 09:35 AM
myers_69885, was the helpful feedback above able to help you resolve your arm rest issue? Please let us know when you get the chance!

Katie

Happy Easter Siri ;)

myers_69885
04-19-12, 04:52 AM
Worked out great. Used blue anti seize so if i need too can get it off later.thanks for ur help

robs07esv
04-19-12, 07:41 AM
My dealer told me there are new nuts for them and replaced mine and no problems since! However, I really never use them as 90% of the time it is only me in the truck. Sometimes the dog but she doesn't use them!! But if the lock tight doesn't work maybe check with the dealer on the new nuts.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-19-12, 12:20 PM
Glad to hear the issue was repaired for you, robs07esv! Thanks for sharing this helpful information.

Best,

Katie

sasakura
04-19-12, 12:50 PM
My dealer told me there are new nuts for them and replaced mine and no problems since! However, I really never use them as 90% of the time it is only me in the truck. Sometimes the dog but she doesn't use them!! But if the lock tight doesn't work maybe check with the dealer on the new nuts.

Rippy, is there an upgraded nut available for the second row armrests? Price?