: Just hit 300k on my 2009 escalade esv

Jp8132300
04-05-12, 11:45 PM
Just thought I let everyone know here who's interested that I just hit 300k miles on my 2009 Cadillac escalade. Only major changes I have made was the suspension. Still have same tranny and engine. Motor mount broke once and had it replaced. Wheel bearing on front changed. Had the usual throttle body sensor go bad on a long road trip but encountered a friendly Cadillac dealer in Clarksville tn that changed it within a few hours. Absolutely love this suv.

d_v_o_1
04-05-12, 11:52 PM
Impressive, very impressive

quattrotman
04-06-12, 12:47 AM
Wow...100k miles a year. That is impressive. I gotta give credit where credit is due, may be an old platform but it is very reliable. How do you do that many miles anyways? Just curious.

cutterman
04-06-12, 05:55 AM
Nice. Do you do your own maintenance?

hcvone
04-06-12, 06:36 AM
Wow that is the most I have heard of on the newer models, we have a customer with an 07' with 230k miles on it with original engine, trans and diffs. Keep it going. :)

patmack
04-06-12, 08:23 AM
Good work! You must pretty much live in your Escalade! At least you choose a nice truck if your going to be driving that much.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-06-12, 10:50 AM
Congrats, Jp8132300! So happy you're still loving your Escalade and it's treating you kindly as well. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Jp8132300
04-06-12, 11:36 AM
Thanks All!! To answer your questions, I buy lots of old computers and electronics from liquidated companies from all over.. I then fix and repair them, then sell them in my store in orlando, fl. As far as living in my Truck, you can say thats pretty accurate. I have an HDTV Antenna/Tuner and A Roku Streaming Box Installed using a Verizon Wireless Tablet for Wi-Fi. Iam a bit meticulous about it running great, so whenever something doesnt seem right or hear right I jump on here and diagnose what it could be and take it in. At Current I'am having a minor issue with the tranny not shifting to 6th gear if I drive hard over a long period of time.. I just came back from Texas and took it easy too see if it would make a difference, Everything went fine but i plan on taking it in withing the next few weeks.

PeteKT
04-06-12, 11:41 AM
Wow i have a 2008 EXT and barely have 30K on it :)

48Dodge
04-06-12, 01:48 PM
Any piston slap on cold startup,?

Jp8132300
04-06-12, 04:42 PM
What would that sound like

MrHolland
04-06-12, 05:52 PM
CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK!!!! Ill take that as "no" lol

d_v_o_1
04-06-12, 05:55 PM
Lol!!!

Ghost Deany
04-07-12, 01:02 PM
Just thought I let everyone know here who's interested that I just hit 300k miles on my 2009 Cadillac escalade. Only major changes I have made was the suspension. Still have same tranny and engine. Motor mount broke once and had it replaced. Wheel bearing on front changed. Had the usual throttle body sensor go bad on a long road trip but encountered a friendly Cadillac dealer in Clarksville tn that changed it within a few hours. Absolutely love this suv.

Can you take a picture of your odometer if you have a chance? I believe you have 300k on it, but i just want to have a pic of the odometer with 300k miles on it, i know a few idiots that still bad mouth American vehicles and think its "impossible" for them to last that many miles.

ESCALADE132
04-07-12, 11:05 PM
How do you hook up your Roku my Apple TV only ha a HDMI hook up

Punmax
04-08-12, 02:17 AM
What oil do you use? Pretty darn impressive. Any pictures of the beast?

Jp8132300
04-09-12, 09:45 AM

Here ya go all.. As for the Question about the roku.. I had the lock pick installed by Ultimate Audio in Orlando, FL.. Then they installed FLO TV which i used until they went out of business.. A few weeks ago I bought a Roku and easily just replaced the FLO TV Box with it.. Using the standard supplied A/V Cords.. Would LOVE HD in the car tho!

ogbuehi
04-09-12, 10:22 AM
I'd like to see a pic of the odometer myself as well. That works out to nearly 273 miles every single day. Pretty impressive.

Bunty
04-09-12, 10:34 AM
Wow that's awesome! Thanks for the screenshot, your Escalade PWNS!

Ghost Deany
04-09-12, 10:47 PM
Nice

cadmanchris
04-09-12, 11:58 PM
And I thought my truck had high miles. My 153k is almost half of what you have. And I rebuilt both by front diff and rear diff.

PWGUNNY
04-10-12, 01:48 PM
300k good to hear this. That's very inspiring to us owners. I bet that new suspension felt great when you had it done.
We are at 40k on my '08, but just had my first "Uh Oh" moment. I started the car and got a warning chime and msg. that my engine has low oil pressure and to turn off engine. Oil level is ok and not yet due to be changed. The warning went away a few minutes later but has done it 3 times in the past 3 days. Guess it's time to see the dealer.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-10-12, 04:00 PM
PWGUNNY: Sorry to hear about that "Uh Oh" moment. Please feel free to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you have lingering questions after taking it to your dealership; however, I'm hoping your dealer is able to provide you with a speedy resolution!

Jp8132300: I enjoyed the pics! :) Thanks!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

jsherid1
04-10-12, 07:32 PM
For those who say American cars don't last--ask them this question: "How many 25-30 year old European or Japanese cars do you still see driving around vs. how many American cars from that vintage?" Even allowing for relative market share when new...you don't see them around much. Try to find an Audi 5000 from the 80's for sale, or a BMW 5-series...not many left.

Jp8132300
04-13-12, 10:51 PM
300k good to hear this. That's very inspiring to us owners. I bet that new suspension felt great when you had it done.
We are at 40k on my '08, but just had my first "Uh Oh" moment. I started the car and got a warning chime and msg. that my engine has low oil pressure and to turn off engine. Oil level is ok and not yet due to be changed. The warning went away a few minutes later but has done it 3 times in the past 3 days. Guess it's time to see the dealer.

The suspension was like heaven.. I never had that problem with mine

felixgun
04-26-12, 01:29 AM
This is good to hear! Did you ever have a warranty or did you pay for repairs out of pocket? I have an 07 Escalade with 55k on the clock and just ran into my first major issue. It was 80+ degrees the other day and I was on the road for over an hour and the AC NEVER got cold. I immediately brought it to the dealer and they said the compressor along with other AC components went out and aside from that I have a coolant leak!! Thankfully I bought a GMAC Repair Advantage Max warranty that will cover it. The dealer said the repairs will cost over $2000 but all I have to pay for is $100 deductible.

murphy
04-26-12, 09:58 AM
That is once sh*& load of gas :) What does the dic read out for fuel used ?

MrHolland
04-26-12, 06:01 PM
That's a great question^^^^^

hannity
04-27-12, 12:53 AM
Impressive, very impressive

Indeed, if gm finds out, they might offer to buy it back and tear it down to figure out what they did right.

Escapade
04-28-12, 11:33 PM
Can you take a picture of your odometer if you have a chance? I believe you have 300k on it, but i just want to have a pic of the odometer with 300k miles on it, i know a few idiots that still bad mouth American vehicles and think its "impossible" for them to last that many miles.

I'll add pics of the exterior and engine as well, please..... it's comforting to know this, even though it's always different with owner/truck... and yes, very impressive.....