: Which aftermarket 7" double din headunit?

Quick01GT
04-05-12, 10:44 PM
My Lade' came with the base stereo and i want to add a aftermarket headunit...which one is a good one? I want a 7" screen and will add a back up camera. NAV is not a big deal but if it has it I will get it :) I was looking at the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is it a good one? will it fit with no major modifications? is it a bolt in as long as I have a stereo adapter? any triming needed? what are you guys running? THANK YOU.

d_v_o_1
04-05-12, 11:51 PM
All depends on what kind of set up you are interested in running. Are you adding an audio system to the vehicle (subs, amps, components)? Pioneer, Kenwood and Alpine will be your options basically, then which level you want. Each has it benefits, but one downside to consider is the ugly dash kit that is required (unless you go custom) to make it fit. I personally like the pioneer avic line, but kenwood has a huge following as well. Hope that helps a bit

amunderdog
04-06-12, 12:41 AM
the 2012 Kenwood are supposed to have a faster processor.
The older ones had a real slow user interface.
They use Garmin navigation.

packman01
04-09-12, 04:31 PM
what wiring kit are you going to go with ? im leaning on doing the same but want to use factory speakers but aftermarket subs/amp?

Quick01GT
04-22-12, 08:19 PM
Ok I ended up getting a Alpine INA-W910 NAV unit and got the PAC 7 for the DVD lockout, also an adapter so the factory steering wheel controls work. Im very pleased with the headunit...very fast and accurate. I also installed a 12" Alpine type R sub in a ported enclosure with a JL 500/1 amp, now I need to upgrade my door speakers but it sounds very good as is.

bstiffmanofsteel
04-22-12, 09:54 PM
I'm running a 900BT, its a cool unit. I also went with a custom install so I could keep the nav at the factory location.

CaMs
04-23-12, 01:27 PM
any pics guys?

blairblair27
04-24-12, 05:19 PM
where did u put the subs? do u have a base or EXT?

bstiffmanofsteel
04-26-12, 12:19 AM
Here is mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWMXCtBJDTY

J W
04-26-12, 01:54 AM
I personally like kenwood. And when replacing a factory stereo with a aftermarket stereo i think you should replace all the sound equiptment. Because when you try to use some of the factory with aftermarket it just never really sounds right. Sounds different but not right. I believe its because all the factory equiptment is tuned to work together for that particular vehicle. I replace all speakers, amps, subs, & tweeters. Then i tweak it to my liking. If i watch a movie i want it to sound like im in a theater. If im listening to my favorite song i want to hear the instruments as well as the singer and i want it to be clear. And you dont have to have a 40,000 watt stereo system to accomplish this. All you need is the right components to work together. Plus i use it for family trips also so i like having the option of seperating the front from the rear.
http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu84/livewire110/DSC_0498.jpg