: What do you use?

Kdizel
04-05-12, 07:46 AM
What can I use to spray on my truck when detailing to get rid of all the bugs and crap that seems to always collect on the front bumper? Just want something that I can spray on and let sit that will eat the bugs and dirt off the body of the truck but that is safe for the paint ...

BEarle
04-05-12, 10:13 AM
There's a cleaner at automotive stores that's especially for bugs and tar that you can buy and it works great. When I go into my garage I'll get you the name...

hcvone
04-05-12, 10:19 AM
What can I use to spray on my truck when detailing to get rid of all the bugs and crap that seems to always collect on the front bumper? Just want something that I can spray on and let sit that will eat the bugs and dirt off the body of the truck but that is safe for the paint ...

If your truck is "waxed" a good detail spray will take off bugs very easily, use the detail spray from the company that makes the wax you use, that way you are sure it will not strip off your wax. You can also use a product like Stoner Tarminator, it's for tar or bugs, spray it on and wipe or hose it off, this is good to use before you wash. It will not remove synthetic waxes, will remove carnauba waxes, it will not harm your paint. The trick is keeping "wax" on the front end, it takes a beating, worth getting 3M clear bra. :)

luxurylife33
04-05-12, 11:04 AM
buy a "clay bar kit" from any auto store. About $15 and will take the bugs right off.

Kdizel
04-05-12, 01:40 PM
Good ideas guys.. Thanks

MostWanted
04-05-12, 02:10 PM
A lot of you might shreek at the idea of this...but I use a fabric softner sheet to get all the bugs off. I wet the vehicle, then rub the bugs right off with the dryer sheet. i make sure to wash and rinse it as quickly as possible after I remove the bugs.

MrHolland
04-05-12, 02:21 PM
Where did you find that method??

K9Caddy
04-05-12, 02:38 PM
I use a pressure washer w/ soap. Do it as quick as you can, before they bake on. Comes right off and no rubbing the paint, causing any marks.