Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Caller ID problems with Paired Phone

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  V locity 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2010 CTS-V. Just got it today. I have to admit learning all of the gadgets are a bit overwhelming. I have an odd issue going on with my paired phone. Whenever I call someone using the hands free, the person that I am calling is getting a totally different number on their caller ID than what is assigned to my phone. I have no idea what this number is or where it came from but it is somehow tied to the system. What is really odd is if they dial it and the phone is active in the car then it actually rings my phone. If the phone is not paired and you dial the same number then I get nothing on my phone. My cell is the only one paired on the system. I am trying to avoid resetting the system as I don't want to have to enter all of my numbers again. Does anyone here have any ideas before I try that?

Thanks for any help!
John

#3 ·
Ok, really dumb question. I think I am, is there a way to not use onstar? I am hitting the phone button on my mirror to activate the phone and it automatically brings me to onstar and I do have onstar active, is this a side effect of using on-star?

Thanks,
John

#6 ·
Your car is both a bluetooth headset and a telephone. Pushing the phone button activates the phone. Sounds like there are active minutes on the car. As others have said, read the manual and use the buttons on the steering wheel to use your car as a headset.

#7 ·
Hi Guys! You were correct, I was using the onstar phone rather than the one that was paired via bluetooth. I thought using the phone button on the mirror accessed the phone paired with the car rather than the onstar phone. It is all now working as I expected. It is more the engineer in me who wants to figure things out without reading the manual, maybe not the best approach with the car. Thanks for your help with everything, I can say that my first full day with the car was quite a rush, I am enjoying every second with it.

Thanks Again!
John

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.