: Phoenix/Tucson Area tuner?

afaster68
04-04-12, 02:55 PM
Discovered my stock clutch was going out during last weeks autocross. I was wondering if there are any Phx or Tucson shops that would be able to do the clutch/flywheel upgrade? Is there anything else that "might as well be done"?

afaster68
04-05-12, 08:36 PM
OK, so Xtreme motorsports quoted $1650 for an ls7 kit installed. Seems abit pricey since the clutch/flywheel kit can be had for $560........may have to do this on my own. I'm a shadetree mechanic at best

Dan_Gurney
04-05-12, 11:40 PM
Do you autox in phoenix or sierra vista? You should come out to marana sometime. It is a great surface, with lots of room. If you are in tucson i would be happy to help with the clutch install. I am thinking about doing the ls7 in the next year or two myself.

afaster68
04-06-12, 12:05 PM
I've only done the one event in Sierra Vista. I could come up from SV for the clutch install help, that would be awesome! I would definitely come up for that autox. I've heard good things about that place, and the V was a blast, even with 500 treadwear pilots.

Dan_Gurney
04-08-12, 09:14 PM
Sierra vista is a really nice surface. I live halfways between marana and sierra vista so i usually go to marana but try to get to sierra vista when i can (i almost went last week too but had to much lse on my to do lost, and had been to marama the week prior). I cant say i have installed a clutch before but i am fairly good mechanically and looking at the walk tough post it does not look bad with two people. If yours goes well i may do mine quicker. If yours does not go well... i may have the stocker for awhile.... but i think it should go easy.

There is a saterday event at marana this weekend (14th)

How many miles are on your car? What makes you say the stock clutch is bad?

thefulmonty_07
04-08-12, 11:49 PM
Oh yea the the SV Airport! lol Are any of you in Sierra Vista? I've seen 2 V's here a black one and sliver. Oh and idk if you're interested but I saw this on another forum, the guy is in Tucson on the AFB...http://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-classifieds/1534362-ls7-clutch-kit-flywheel-slave-bearing.html

afaster68
04-09-12, 07:54 PM
Sierra vista is a really nice surface. I live halfways between marana and sierra vista so i usually go to marana but try to get to sierra vista when i can (i almost went last week too but had to much lse on my to do lost, and had been to marama the week prior). I cant say i have installed a clutch before but i am fairly good mechanically and looking at the walk tough post it does not look bad with two people. If yours goes well i may do mine quicker. If yours does not go well... i may have the stocker for awhile.... but i think it should go easy.

There is a saterday event at marana this weekend (14th)

How many miles are on your car? What makes you say the stock clutch is bad?

LS7 kit from Lindsay ordered (Luke). It has 64K on it. On my first launch at the SV airport I think I was around two cones before the car caught up to the engine (with no wheelspin). I launched pretty softly for the rest of the runs. It was a full 2nd gear course, and it seemed be pretty locked in for that. I should be at the Marana event Saturday.