: Navigation

bigtone1013
04-04-12, 01:16 PM
Why does this nav always take you through the streets instead of taking a interstate route which would be the best route in most cases is there a setting or something I don't know about. I set it the other day for a place I was going that was over 30mi away and it wanted to take me through the streets.

bigtone1013
04-04-12, 01:21 PM
Never mind I found it

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-04-12, 04:17 PM
Glad you resolved it, bigtone1013! Are you enjoying your Nav overall? I always appreciate reading feedback.

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Kdizel
04-04-12, 04:21 PM
How did u resolve it?

bigtone1013
04-04-12, 04:52 PM
@Katie I love that I don't have to use my phone but I didn't like how the routes would all be street routes but now I figured it out, so now I really love it.

bigtone1013
04-04-12, 04:54 PM
How did u resolve it?

Push the config button and at the top of the screen it will give you choices push nav and then it will let you pick routes toll routes and major streets etc.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-05-12, 09:55 AM
That's great, bigtone1013! Thanks for posting the resolution.

Katie

CadX6
04-05-12, 01:17 PM
Glad you resolved it, bigtone1013! Are you enjoying your Nav overall? I always appreciate reading feedback.

Katie

If you look back thru the forum, you'll find several threads about how bad the GM nav software is as far as accuracy, routing, etc. I finally resorted to exclusively using the Garmin App on an iPod Touch in a TomTom GPS mount. Not as big a display - but a lot (!) more accurate & useful. Also, it isn't GM's fault, but Sirius XM's NavTraffic is terrible. Has big gaps in coverage (even here in Chicago) and is always about an hour behind.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-05-12, 02:05 PM
Thanks for the tip, CadX6! I'll have to do some searching; I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. (Feedback is always appreciated, so please feel free to send me a PM anytime if you'd like to make sure my attention is directed towards a specific topic, thread, etc.)

Best,

Katie

48Dodge
04-05-12, 02:45 PM
Also, it isn't GM's fault, but Sirius XM's NavTraffic is terrible.

Well, GM is part owner so can't completely clear them of fault.