: Gear problem :(

S_al_h
04-04-12, 09:21 AM
Iv been a silent reader in this forum even before getting my V, with that being said I couldn't find a solution to my problem and would appreciate your help.. I have an 09 A6 V and my warranty got void,, my gear gets over heated in normal traffic but cools down in a long ride in a constant speed. Also in low speeds without pressing on the gas or brakes the car jerks forward repeatedly (small jerks) and when that happens and I shift it to neutral, the rpm goes to around 2k. Some garages say its the torque converter, changed that and still no change :( oh my car is completely stock at the moment with just a hennesy intake..

thebigjimsho
04-04-12, 11:10 AM
How did your warranty get voided?

Pphilthy
04-04-12, 11:15 AM
Where are you located...? Maybe there is a shop someone can recommend for you to bring your car to...

S_al_h
04-04-12, 01:41 PM
How did your warranty get voided?

I dyno tuned it..

----------

Where are you located...? Maybe there is a shop someone can recommend for you to bring your car to...

Im in kuwait...

----------

Oh i flashed it a couple of times also i changed the ecm and still :s

S_al_h
04-05-12, 10:50 AM
Anyone here can help me out on this? :s

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-05-12, 12:05 PM
Hi S_al_h,

I'm very sorry to hear about your frustrations! While your location is a bit outside of my parameters, I'm happy to help where I can. After I post this, I will send you a private message with contact information I can find for Cadillac Customer Assistance options in your area.

**UPDATE** I see that I was not allowed to private message you, so please feel free to email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you'd like me to pass along the information I found. Apologies for the inconvenience!

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

Q8 6.2
04-08-12, 10:05 AM
Hey bro your trans temp sound normal this car has high temps from the factory. I keep getting trans over temp warning all the time. Check the tune maybe

S_al_h
04-08-12, 12:21 PM
It's back to stock I even got a new ECM... I leave yarmouk and when I reach 3dalya it's like 95.. This not normal compared to other friends who also own a ctsv (compared with a friend of yours el langawi)

Q8 6.2
04-08-12, 05:56 PM
Don't compare ur car temp with Lingawi car your car is stock tune his car is tuned and his fans are working 100% so you will see his trans is cooler than your. I am thinking of installing home made trans cooler I already have all the parts I just need to do it...I will let you know.

Oh by the way are you the guy who bought the d3 STS lowering springs by mistake and installed them on ur V.:thepan: Lingawi was telling me about it and how the car nose was high in the sky and the rear was touching the road :histeric:

S_al_h
04-09-12, 01:35 AM
Loool no not me, sucks to be that guy hahaha... But even when my car was just tuned and had an intake, around 3-4 Wots my trans temp reaches the 90s and that's like in mid winter,,,

Q8 6.2
04-09-12, 09:01 AM
Hahaha I want to see that car.

Hey 90 on stock tune is maybe normal yes this car is very border line on cooling everything...even the radiator is not cooling enough even in winter it will not come down to the thermostat temps, also the Ac has small heat exchanger making the Ac struggle in summer engine oil cooler is a joke too.

When this car was band new I had a bad torque converter and the flex plate bolts holding the converter backed out sux after I paid 22,000 for this to see bad workmanship and the worst part is when I took it back to dealer they said there is no oil in the trans. Cadillac customer service are you listening ;)

Hey s a lh I have a video I just uploaded to utube 4u showing what a bad torque converter feels like do your car do this

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4aI4whJgd8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

S_al_h
04-09-12, 10:54 AM
A local garage who rebuilt my gear told me that my t/c is "locked" so I ordered a new one from the dealership and still same problem,, I changed a perfectly good t/c for nothing. Today I went to the dealers and talked to the technician who works with the Vs and he told me the average temp is 70-80s and also said it's not the problem with the cooling parts cuz if so the gear won't work at all. He is almost positive it's with the internals of the gearbox cuz our gears arnt like any other gear, theyr too complex for our local garages :s

Q8 6.2
04-09-12, 11:24 AM
Sux bro. This trans is very strong I think just take it to the dealer to Repare it and just pay there high price. Or you can try my FAVORIT trans shop which is behind Nissan Alraiy they have good work.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-09-12, 02:43 PM
Q8 6.2, thank you for alerting me to your experience! I'm very sorry to hear about your torque concerns. If you'd like me to investigate further for you, please feel free to send me a private message with additional information (full name/VIN/mileage/dealer) and I'm happy to assist.

S_al_h, glad you were able to speak with a technician close to you! Was that the dealer's final diagnosis on your V, or is your vehicle still in the shop for more tests?

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

S_al_h
04-09-12, 04:42 PM
I requested to talk to the tech guy so I can understand fully and make sure he understood what I experienced with my car. No that was what the tech guys personal opinion backed up by his experience through what I told him, my car will be at the dealers this week