: Fuel Smart cylinder deactivation module

48Dodge
04-03-12, 11:03 AM
On Stacey David's Gears he was pimping this product that deactivates cylinders when not needed. Stated fuel savings of 14 - 22%. Cost is $295 but has to be installed by a technician. Website is below although it looks pretty crappy. I've tried to get more invitation but just got a form email back. May try calling later. Anyway, looked like something interesting for those of us without stock cylinder deactivation

http://www.fuelsmart.info/

hcvone
04-03-12, 02:35 PM
On Stacey David's Gears he was pimping this product that deactivates cylinders when not needed. Stated fuel savings of 14 - 22%. Cost is $295 but has to be installed by a technician. Website is below although it looks pretty crappy. I've tried to get more invitation but just got a form email back. May try calling later. Anyway, looked like something interesting for those of us without stock cylinder deactivation

http://www.fuelsmart.info/

With a lot, and I mean a lot of tuning and keeping it in the 4 cylinder mode until almost 80 mph has really paid off in some great fuel mileage, mid 20's without a problem, of couse you have to be really easy on the pedal, and even ground. I saw this but do not know anyone that has it

48Dodge
04-03-12, 04:04 PM
Seems almost too new for anyone to have it. Scoured the interwebs and it's pretty much the same story. A lot of people bash it as not working, but yet nobody has used it. Could be snake oil or worse if how it works isn't exactly as stated. May have to give it time to see if others bite the bullet and install some.

hcvone
04-03-12, 05:53 PM
Seems almost too new for anyone to have it. Scoured the interwebs and it's pretty much the same story. A lot of people bash it as not working, but yet nobody has used it. Could be snake oil or worse if how it works isn't exactly as stated. May have to give it time to see if others bite the bullet and install some.

It's funny but the number one request is to turn off the cylinder deactivation by customers when we tune, but now with gas prices they are coming back and telling us to turn it on