: Lockpick front cameras

48Dodge
04-02-12, 10:29 PM
Just wanted some input from those that have installed front cameras with their lockpicks. How's the operation? Any hiccups?

hannity
04-02-12, 11:08 PM
Didn't know there was a front camera available with lock pick. Not being off topic but gm needs to take note we should not have to put these on escalades when front cameras come as standard equipment on the Lexus LX570 and Infiniti QX56

----------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkOiJ3W6_s0

bstiffmanofsteel
04-03-12, 01:31 AM
We? I thought you were a Land Rover person now?

quattrotman
04-03-12, 02:53 AM
As far as I can see, the only thing that would be a big negative for me and a reason I wouldn't even bother is that you have to go through the menu and do the whole 'press mute 4x' thing. I find that so cumbersome and doubt I would do it when parking (main reasonI would have a front camera). Otherwise, don't know of any other reason not to do it.

hcvone
04-03-12, 07:48 AM
Instead of a front camera why don't you get a phonebook to sit on if you can't see over the steering wheel ;) Pretty useless unless you can not drive to begin with. :)

48Dodge
04-03-12, 09:31 AM
I thought there were settings to automatically turn on with turn signals or some other options so you don't have to scroll through menus. I'd rather hop out and check my surroundings than go through that mess.

48Dodge
04-03-12, 09:44 AM
Just checked the documentation and you can set side cameras to come on with turn signals and a front camera to come on at slow speed. The slow speed option might get old with it popping up everytime you slow down.

Kdizel
04-03-12, 10:11 PM
I have front cam and its great....love it!!

48Dodge
04-03-12, 10:33 PM
I have front cam and its great....love it!!

Do you have it come on automatically? If so does it get annoying every time you come to a stop?

Kdizel
04-03-12, 11:51 PM
Sorry dodge....want let me respond on private but yes u can set it on auto

quattrotman
04-04-12, 01:37 AM
Just checked the documentation and you can set side cameras to come on with turn signals and a front camera to come on at slow speed. The slow speed option might get old with it popping up everytime you slow down.

I bet if you have it on automatically and your on ipod it kicks you out of it. Thing is really finicky. You have to get used to how to go around some of the lockpick's bugginess.

48Dodge
04-04-12, 09:44 AM
Sorry dodge....want let me respond on private but yes u can set it on auto

I tried responding and it said your mailbox size was over the limit.

trich24
04-04-12, 12:32 PM
I will do the front for parking and the two side cameras for blind spots. The front is automatic until 7 or 8 mph the goes to whatever screen you were on just like the turn indicators when activated

You don't have to manually turn it on unless you want it when in P or driving on the road at speed

http://youtu.be/DkOiJ3W6_s0

Demonstration of all cameras

Kdizel
04-04-12, 02:36 PM
How do I clear inbox???deleted all messages but still says that its full