: Exhaust Choices

Michael_atDell
04-02-12, 09:51 AM
Wow! Exhaust is very limited on our cars. Only Cat-back system I can find in Magnaflow (except GMPP, which I can't find in stock anywhere); I've never been a fan... D3 has an Axle-back in Corsa, and Borla, will sell me "universal" mufflers, but told me on the phone to just pick up a set of stock V mufflers if I'm looking for better flow.

I'm thinking I will buy the Magnaflow system and sell the mufflers and buy Borla instead. Any other ideas? Does the V system fit ours?

Michael_atDell
04-02-12, 08:04 PM
So, who wants to by the Magnaflow mufflers off me so I can get the Borla?

Michael_atDell
04-19-12, 11:36 AM
At the exhaust shop, the Magnaflow kit doesn't fit my AWD. I'm certain I saw someone on here get it to fit...

Help!

WRXtranceformed
04-19-12, 01:41 PM
Don't know what to tell you bud, I have always been a huge fan of Magnaflow on several different vehicles. When I get back from vacation next week I'll probably be pulling the trigger on the full Magnaflow exhaust.

Another option would be to weld in a different resonator, if our cars have them (which I am assuming they do?). I did that on my TL Type-S and it sounded great...and was super cheap.

Michael_atDell
04-19-12, 11:30 PM
FYI, Magnaflow kit does not fit AWD version...

bodam
04-20-12, 08:05 AM
Does it fit the '12 coupe?

Pdabs
04-20-12, 01:56 PM
Is there an exhaust for the awd?

Michael_atDell
04-20-12, 03:21 PM
Is there an exhaust for the awd?

There is not! I'm having a custom cat-back built and installed on Mon. GM Performance Parts has a (Corsa?) system, but it's been back ordered for months... :-(

Pdabs
04-20-12, 06:06 PM
There is not! I'm having a custom cat-back built and installed on Mon. GM Performance Parts has a (Corsa?) system, but it's been back ordered for months... :-(

What's your plan?
Custom piping with borla muffler perhaps?

Michael_atDell
04-20-12, 10:00 PM
2.25" stainless, x-pipe, Magnaflow mufflers and 4" tips. No resonators.