: ARH Headers and Corsa Touring

Longhorn79
04-01-12, 11:57 PM
Hello,

I am relatively new to the forum and have a quick question. I recently installed a set of ARH Headers and Corsa Touring Exhaust and am now hearing a hissing sound when I accelerate. It sounds like it's coming from under the hood so I thought it may be an exhaust leak, but wanted to ask around.

What does everyone think?

hcvone
04-02-12, 08:35 AM
Hello,

I am relatively new to the forum and have a quick question. I recently installed a set of ARH Headers and Corsa Touring Exhaust and am now hearing a hissing sound when I accelerate. It sounds like it's coming from under the hood so I thought it may be an exhaust leak, but wanted to ask around.

What does everyone think?

You get a different sound from long tubes, not really a hissing sound so to speak, it is not uncommon to have retighten the header bolts after a few heat cycles, you may have a leak

48Dodge
04-02-12, 09:05 AM
What type of intake do you have? You can hear the rush of air on acceleration sometimes with a cai

71Dragtruck
04-03-12, 01:38 AM
Mine sounds like an exhaust leak under hard excelleration, didn't have that sound when I had my Magnaflow exhaust with the headers. I have double checked all the connections, actually even used a white glove and felt around and under every flange for signs of a leak and came up with nothing. Sound drives me nuts, kinda wondering if it's just when the exhaust gas enters and first expands in the packingless muffler? It doesn't do it when lugging under a light acceleration like a usual header leak, just under heavier acceleration.

hcvone
04-03-12, 07:57 AM
Mine sounds like an exhaust leak under hard excelleration, didn't have that sound when I had my Magnaflow exhaust with the headers. I have double checked all the connections, actually even used a white glove and felt around and under every flange for signs of a leak and came up with nothing. Sound drives me nuts, kinda wondering if it's just when the exhaust gas enters and first expands in the packingless muffler? It doesn't do it when lugging under a light acceleration like a usual header leak, just under heavier acceleration.

Both of my 12's have exhaust leaks under 3/4 throttle (passenger side), not 1/2 or full throttle, just 3/4 throttle, we changed the exhaust (catback) and the exhaust leak stopped, it seems to be an issue on 11's and 12's when that added a third cat, don't know what GM is doing about it, but they were out and saw it for themselves, will see if the truck I just ordered does it too.

Longhorn79
04-03-12, 12:18 PM
What type of intake do you have? You can hear the rush of air on acceleration sometimes with a cai

I have the Volant with air scoop, but I'm almost positive it's not that. I'm taking it back into the shop this week and will let you all know what the outcome is.