: Help radio keeps resetting itself!!

gass1472
04-01-12, 07:08 PM
Hey guys I'm wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if someone has a solution to it. It just started happening about 5 days ago
where I get in my truck and start it up and the radio is turned off and the time on the nav display is incorrect. I don't turn the radio off when I get out so it should be on when I start it up again. Also the time that is displayed on the screen changes every time this happens. In addition the the radio problem all my temperature controls are reset to 74 degrees and the AUX is on. So far this happens when I leave the car off and turn it on after a longer period of time. If I stop at the store and turn it off and turn it on a few minutes later it is ok. Someone help pleaseee

cutterman
04-02-12, 12:37 PM
Sounds like a low voltage condition. Battery may need replacing. Also check terminal connections. There is also a known issue with defective battery cables.

hdmech
04-02-12, 06:46 PM
Cutterman is correct , my 07 did the exact same thing turned out to be the neg cable. When you inspect the cables they actually look fine but the bad connection is actually in the crimp. Its actually difficult to determine which cable is defective until it fails and you can wiggle it to get it to work. In my case it got to the point where the truck didnt start and I could finally see where the intermittent problem was.

babylade
04-04-12, 08:18 AM
Cutterman is correct , my 07 did the exact same thing turned out to be the neg cable. When you inspect the cables they actually look fine but the bad connection is actually in the crimp. Its actually difficult to determine which cable is defective until it fails and you can wiggle it to get it to work. In my case it got to the point where the truck didnt start and I could finally see where the intermittent problem was. Yup...I went through the same thing last year.

cutterman
04-04-12, 09:04 AM
Has the battery cable issue been seen in other model years aside from 07?

gass1472
04-06-12, 10:27 AM
Ok so I didn't really do anything but just tighten the cables on the battery and it hasn't done it since so it seems like you guys are right and it has something to do with the cables. If it continues again i'll look into detail further with the cables but for now its ok.