: Attention all Florida V coupes!

batcaddyV
04-01-12, 03:28 PM
Will someone out there please trade their yellow brakes for my silver ones???? I will pay and come to you!! I really want them and my car came with the silver ones and I want the yellow because they would go better with my color scheme! PM me or call or text me at 305.336.0262

Captain McFunk
04-01-12, 04:52 PM
or you could paint them yourself for about $15 bucks and it would look just like stock. :)

batcaddyV
04-01-12, 08:06 PM
i could.. but then how would i get that v logo on?

MSOsr
04-01-12, 10:36 PM
Check 8th Day Creations on this site...they have the V logos you can use.

Mike

batcaddyV
04-02-12, 11:19 AM
thank you, I will check that out. and also, if i spray the calipers with caliper paint, will it come out looking orange peely or home made looking or will it look like and glossy and smooth like it does right now?

----------

good website 8th day creations haha they have some cool stuff! yeah I will possibly paint them my self.

RippyPartsDept
04-02-12, 01:21 PM
8th Day is a supporting forum vendor here, by the way

great folks... sometimes hard to get in touch with but i think they've got that sorted out now

if you decide to buy i can get you a discount, but we're still talking a lot of money

most people don't get rid of their yellow calipers ... but i have seen a few guys who got a black diamond edition but didn't like the yellow so they traded...

you might want to expand you search beyond just florida and offer to pay shipping (and even a bit of cash too, since the yellow ones are a bit more expensive)

Captain McFunk
04-02-12, 02:39 PM
have a vinyl shop make the logo. i have a cricut, and made my own in about 5 minutes. You paint, lay down the vinyl, then clear-coat over the vinyl to make sure it doesn't peel up. If you buy high temp paint and spray it right, it won't have orange peel. Just make sure you clean the calipers really good with caliper cleaner, then primer, then paint, then lay down the vinyl, then clear. Do it all in thin coats and you'll be fine. Mine turned out great.

batcaddyV
04-02-12, 10:19 PM
have a vinyl shop make the logo. i have a cricut, and made my own in about 5 minutes. You paint, lay down the vinyl, then clear-coat over the vinyl to make sure it doesn't peel up. If you buy high temp paint and spray it right, it won't have orange peel. Just make sure you clean the calipers really good with caliper cleaner, then primer, then paint, then lay down the vinyl, then clear. Do it all in thin coats and you'll be fine. Mine turned out great.

that sounds like a pretty good technique. I may have to go that route if I don't find a special specific person that is in the same boat as me but wants silver ones! haha anyway do you have any pictures of your calipers?

MSOsr
04-03-12, 08:56 PM
Here's mine with 2 cans of G2 paint, no clear coat and Brembo decals.

Mike

batcaddyV
04-03-12, 09:10 PM
Here's mine with 2 cans of G2 paint, no clear coat and Brembo decals.

Mike
very nice mike, i might do that too. is that the same yellow as stock?

MSOsr
04-03-12, 09:23 PM
Not really sure, to be honest. Parked once next to a Black Diamond Edition sedan and people asked me if I had gotten aftermarket upgrades (because mine said "Brembo" instead of "V")!

Mike

batcaddyV
04-03-12, 10:21 PM
haha nice! i actually like the brembo decal better !!

RippyPartsDept
04-04-12, 10:35 AM
Looks pretty good Mike!