: Finally! My Rocking, Creaking, Noisy Recarro Seat has been silenced!

JPCTS-V
03-31-12, 08:07 PM
After having the V for about 6 months and dealing with the creaking seat from day one, I finally had a chance to get it into the dealer. Thank you Chad Cutler @ Classic Cadillac for helping me enjoy the V again! I did not realize how noisy the car was until I got it back with the issues resolved.

Apparently there is a service bulletin that addresses a creaking noise in the seat under the front/middle of the seat, as well as the middle back part of the seat. The process for fixing the back was removing the back cover of the seat and insulating it's fastening / contact points. I did not get a full explanation on the steps to repair the noise coming from under the seat but whatever they were instructed to do in the bulletin worked.

They also fixed my creaky sunroof... apparently it was dirty all around the inside and was causing an annoying rubber / twisting sound over the smallest bump/chassis flex.

Just wanted to share for all of those who thought they would have to live with the noisy seats.

baabootoo
03-31-12, 08:12 PM
Nice job! thanks for thr info.

SoCal_V
03-31-12, 08:59 PM
I like those wheels. Good luck keeping the sunroof quiet.

thebigjimsho
03-31-12, 10:49 PM
Mine is quiet. Has always been...

Reeper
04-01-12, 01:45 AM
could you by chance post up TSB#? that might help some of us that have same problem get the dealership to cooperate better.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-02-12, 02:01 PM
JPCTS-V, thank you very much for posting this information! It certainly lends helpful details to the community, and I'm glad to hear you had such great service at Chad Cutler.

Enjoy your V,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

SecretWeapon
04-03-12, 01:08 PM
Congrats on getting your seats fixed. Just wondering about the wheels and tires in the picture. Who made them, what size/offsets, which tires, which color, basically all the details. They look really sharp on your car and since I have the silver color paint as well I think I might want to do something similar. Thanks in advance. Mark.

Pphilthy
04-03-12, 01:20 PM
Great info - +1 on posting the service bulletin, I wonder if they have fixed this on newer production vehicles or if the service bulletin applies to all years...

The stance on your car looks great! I'm guessing you have springs on the car, if so, which ones and your impressions of that mod... Thanks...

SoCal_V
04-03-12, 01:40 PM
I wonder if they have fixed this on newer production vehicles or if the service bulletin applies to all years...

It applies to all current & newer production vehicles....I know b/c my 2012 V Recaros rock a lot in their mounts, though fortunately do not squeak.

boplaw
04-03-12, 03:06 PM
could you by chance post up TSB#? that might help some of us that have same problem get the dealership to cooperate better.

Meeting with my regional rep in the next week or so, supposedly. Although my SA wants me to give the dealership good feedback, the fact is that all they can say is it is out of their hands.

mpouls1
04-04-12, 12:06 AM
kinda reminds me of viper rims. first set of aftermarket rims I have seen that I actually like.

trukk
04-04-12, 09:10 AM
Does this fix the Rock-aro's now?

Very disapointed that I paid $3500 for a rocking chair.

-Chirs

Reeper
04-04-12, 10:51 AM
one of my neighbors who has a silver V warned me about the Recaros before I found my car. I should've listened to him and got the base seats. oh well lol, live and learn! gonna see if my dealership can help me out, they've been pretty good so far!

S_al_h
04-05-12, 11:12 AM
Congrats on getting your seats fixed. Just wondering about the wheels and tires in the picture. Who made them, what size/offsets, which tires, which color, basically all the details. They look really sharp on your car and since I have the silver color paint as well I think I might want to do something similar. Thanks in advance. Mark.

Bump :hmm:

boplaw
04-27-12, 12:11 AM
Rep finally came and they tried to tell me there has only been 1 documented issue of rocking Recaros.

<sigh>

But they finally agreed to replace the seat (even though I think it is the mount). Now the only question is how long it will take to get it. I will say that my dealership is finally going to bat for me after initially telling me that "it is designed that way to cushion the acceleration".

SoCal_V
04-27-12, 01:18 AM
You would think by now that these moron dealerships would realize that the INTERNET exists, and owners can easily figure out whether their car problem is a "single documented issue" or not.

Clearly these Recaros have rocking problems. Mine rock in their mounts too, as I'm sure all of them do. Fortunately (knock on wood) mine aren't squeaking...YET.

wellhungsmurf
04-28-12, 02:18 AM
Nice wheels, I HATE the stock wheels. You also lowered it, which IMO every cts -v owner should do! Looks great!