Cadillac Owners Forum banner

HoustonMile "V" Gathering

8K views 66 replies 9 participants last post by  V locity 
#1 ·
I've already PM'd a couple guys and they are in. I'll coordinate the effort on gathering, parking or what ever other ideas pop up etc...

If you think you'll join the show of V's, Chime in here or PM me so I know to contact you for details. Please reply with whether you will be running or spectating. It will be great to see how many in the region show & connect.

http://www.houstonmile.com/

BTW, I have a GoPro & Handicam/tripod for the action. Could use maybe another GoPro to document both forward & rearview angles on the cars that run, so if you want to volunteer yours, let me know on that too!

So far:

Secret Weapon, Running
V locity, Spectator for now?
JayC'sV, Spectator

More joining us via email too! :D

#8 ·
I'll plan on attending and bring the Vagon but 'unsure about running (fire extinguisher an issue) - any ideas?

For contact - bzabodyn AT fsblouise.com - cant PM yet either.

I should have first round of mods completed/dyno tuned in time for its first good test.

Brandon

#11 ·
I think I have figured a way to mount an extinguisher in the rear passenger floor board using the front seat mounting bolts. I am going to try to take the V by the machine/fab shop next week and see what we can finalize. The requirements would be; seat must be able to travel to full aft position and extinguisher must be able to be access from driver seat by me with belt tight. I had no problem reaching any of the rear passenger floor last night. The passenger seat was just aft of its travel midpoint. bzabodyn would you be interested in this mount setup also?

Smokin

#13 ·
That is genius!! So simple I would have never looked in that direction. Thank You!! Now do you think it will get threw tech inspection?

I had also thought about a bracket to clamp to the lap belt and pull the belt out lock it. The belt is designed to hold a 250lb person it should hold a 2.5lbext fine, but that would eliminate riders.

#15 ·
Hello guys. I am not only new to this forum but just picked up my 2011 CTS-V last night. I am very interested in the Houston 1/2 mile and plan on asking a few more questions about the event tomorrow. V locity I sent you an email a few minutes ago simply because that is the fastest way to reach me.
Also the gentleman on here that figured out the way to mount the fire extinguisher- I am interested in doing the same thing if you would not mind helping me with what is needed.
Thanks guys and I hope to meet many of you soon.

#16 ·
Just called the number on the Houstonmile website and the guys is looks for a bracket for two of us. He is supposed to call me back. If he can't find anything I will draw up the bracket tonight and post it. There are still spots open to run. Oh I looked at the headrest idea. I am not so sure about that with Recaros. I need to look a little closer but the V at the bottom of the rest is pretty difined.

#21 ·
I sure hope so. I spoke to John Hennessey late in the afternoon. He already knew I was working with two of his guys- Mike- a newer member of his team- but is very responsive and his manager Tico??(Not sure about his spelling)
Either way- feel free to send me a note if you guys are looking or needing one and please keep me in the loop if someone figures it out before I do. BTW- I did sign up for the race.

#24 ·
Smokin are you talking with Mike Paulk? That is who I am speaking with. He did not really have any update for me/us when I spoke with him around 1:30.
Guys here is my email. Smokin and Secret Weapon would you email when you can. I cannot figure out the PM thing. Secret Weapon we live near each other and would love to connect when possible. Smokin- let's communicate on the bracket.
mike.mirabella@eqd.com
Thanks

#27 ·
So far:
Secret Weapon, Running
V locity, Spectator for now?
JayC'sV, Spectator
Smokin_Cache, Running
bzabodyn, Spec
TXAG2004, Spec
deadringer, Running
Mirabella, Running
mwilkes, maybe, Spec/Run?
RabbitCTSV, maybe, Spec/Run?
ChasJr, Running
Mike TexaSS, Running

#28 ·
For those looking for a fire extinguisher bracket for the upcoming race (or whatever) Mike at Hennessey said that Brey Krause thinks their universal mount will fit behind the passenger seat. If you go to OG Racing web site and go under Car. Then Fire Suppression. Then page three you will see it. It is model R-9540. I ordered it and thought I would give it a try. A bit over kill- but what the hell. I will see how it works. Brian at OG said he would take it back if not. I will keep you guys updated. If someone else found something that is easier/cheaper/better let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.