: Need help with my power locks ! 2008 Escalade Esv

Chippy
03-31-12, 12:25 AM
I just bought a 2008 Escalade Esc with 50k miles . When I try to unlock the doors they don't all unlock somethimes the frt doors unlock some times one front door and one rear! The key fob seems to work the same way! How do I fix this? Is it programming? The child locks on the rear doors are unlocked! I have reset the lock setting's on the dash to the factory settings! It still don't unlock properly!

Thanks!

48Dodge
03-31-12, 06:08 PM
Might be a silly thing but are you pressing the button once to unlock the driver door and twice to unlock all?

cadmanchris
03-31-12, 06:31 PM
More than likely actuators are bad. Very common on 08 Escalades.

Playdrv4me
03-31-12, 11:42 PM
Had door lock actuators replaced on our '08 based on the previous GM work history. I would agree this is probably the issue.

pmexpert
04-01-12, 06:29 AM
Exactly, actuators are dead. And it dies without any reasons...

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-03-12, 11:45 AM
Welcome, Chippy! I'm sorry to read that you've been experiencing locking concerns, and I would definitely recommend visiting your Cadillac dealership for a thorough diagnosis. If you'd like me to help you locate a dealer nearby, email me anytime at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com and I'm happy to assist.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

flasrx
04-03-12, 11:24 PM
I've had the two fronts and just recently the left rear actuators replaced at no charge by my dealership. And if your outside rear door handles pop away from the metal, get the dealer to replace them also. It seems common on the 08's.

PeteKT
04-04-12, 01:10 PM
Ive had all 4 door actuators repalced on my 08 EXT take it to the dealer.

wgreenidge
04-30-12, 10:19 AM
Would anyone be familiar with the part numbers on the 08 ESV or would a denali or Sierra door lock suffice. For I am having problems locating one and part numbers that I would use to search closed dearlerships on the net and ebay as such.

Cadillac Cust Svc
04-30-12, 12:14 PM
Would anyone be familiar with the part numbers on the 08 ESV or would a denali or Sierra door lock suffice. For I am having problems locating one and part numbers that I would use to search closed dearlerships on the net and ebay as such.

wgreenidge,
A good place to search would be gmpartsdirect.com -- click on the "Catalog" tab along the top of the page, and after agreeing to the terms of use you will be able to enter your model and year of Escalade. Search under "Elecrical" and you should be able to find available parts for your locks.
Best,
Sarah (Assisting Katie)
Cadillac Customer Service