: mary kay pearl

drifterx
11-19-04, 09:09 PM
hi i am new here so i am sorry if i am asking a dumb question

i do not even own a cadi but they are nice cars, i actually want an Escalade

but here is my Q...

does anyone have any pictures of the "Mary Kay Pearl"?
i think there is a difference between Mary Kay Pink and a Mary Kay Pearl
i believe the pink is really pink and the pearl is more of a opal/white/pink mixed together....
i saw the little cut out in a automotive paint color but it is so small i wish i can see it larger... it was in the 2005 paint code book... PLEASE HELP!

Ralph
11-19-04, 09:46 PM
Sandy might be able to inform you. He had one also.

Sandy
11-19-04, 10:07 PM
Mary Kay Pink is actually 1956 & 1957 "Mountain Laurel" a standard paint color for those years. Beginning in 1985, Mary Kay Cosmetics of Dallas, Texas adopted the color and patented it as "Mary Kay Pink". It was then used on the Mary Kay Award Gift Cars from 1985 thru & including 1988. In 1989 only on the Allante they put a tinge of metallic in it, making it a pastel metallic pink, and at the same time they lightened up the Mary Kay Pink used on the other models of the 1989s. This stayed that way until the 2000s, when again they slightly altered the color, introducing some beige into the pink and further lightening up the pink. It has therefore gone from a definate light pink to a lightER metallic pink, to a very pastel soft beigiee-pink. It's still aways referred to as Mary Kay Pink, regardless. A body shop would have books of paint chips. Ask to see a 1988, and a 1990 and a 1993 and a 2000 and you'll see all of them in those 4 books. I strongly suggest taking a dozen donuts with you ;) for best results !

PS/ Yes, I had a 1988 Sedan deVille in Mary Kay Pink with burgundy cloth interior as well as a one-off 1986 Lincoln Mark 7 in 1959 Thunderbird "Flamingo" - Ford's closest shade to M.K.P. with Burgundy leather. I bought many special paint cars over the years. I liked having something nobody else had. Between my Dad & I - I think we had 7 or 8 One-Off Special Paint cars. Mom got a 1964 LeMans in a color called Sunset - across between a red & a coppery-orange. She loved it, it was a standard color. Then she got a 1967 in that color (it died after 1964) and finally a 1970 GTO in that color. My Dad had a couple Imperials factory made in different year Imperial colors and/or Dodge colors. I once had a Buick Gran Sport 455 STAGE I convertible in a Riviera ONLY color, of Charcoal Grey.
When I sold Dodges, I got the manager to order one or two Special Order Paint Chargers (1968-1970) and we'd put them on the floor. We'd sell them for FULL LIST PRICE. Customers could shop 'til they drop, they would never / could never find another one in any dealership, and eventually we got the deal at full pop. < those were the good old days >

drifterx
11-19-04, 10:19 PM
ohhh very informative.... thanks Sandy... i think the later year with the lighter one is the color i am looking for.... but do u guys have a picture?... i was trying to paint my car with a WHITE BASE COAT and then have a pink clear coat with metallic/pearl flakes to make it have a pink glow.... does this sound right?

Sandy
11-19-04, 10:29 PM
Here's a photo my my 1986 Flamingo Mark 7
http://images2.fotki.com/v15/photos/4/43979/179078/OHpink-vi.jpg

In that case, you want 2003 deVille Mary Kay Pink. It's exactly as you describe. Go to body/paint shop, they have samples !! (Caddy dealer DO NOT have this paint color in the showroom.

drifterx
11-19-04, 10:32 PM
THAnK YOU OHHH THANK YOU!!!!!!!

yeah i saw the sample but it is soo small..
i will post the pics once my car is done even though it isnt a cadi... it has some cadi colors
=)

Ralph
11-19-04, 10:36 PM
I once had a Buick Gran Sport 455 STAGE I convertible in a Riviera ONLY color, of Charcoal Grey.

That's an awsome musclecar, VERY similar to my dad's w30 442!

Wouldn't mind viewing a pic of it. ;)

Sandy
11-19-04, 10:48 PM
I have but one pic of it, and that's on my wall ! I don't think I have one uploaded to the computer. If I do it's a lousey picture. It was loaded with options, like 25 or so.

Ralph
11-19-04, 10:57 PM
I have but one pic of it, and that's on my wall ! I don't think I have one uploaded to the computer. If I do it's a lousey picture. It was loaded with options, like 25 or so.

I also bet it NEVER broke down on you once! They were quality. I've got the 1971 Buick brochure at home because it was one of the cars Dad was considering that year. Buick had a really nice gold color for the Stage 1. Brown was very popular then, especially with Chrysler, but I think for musclecars Chrysler had the nicest. Panther Pink, Hemi Orange, Torr Red, Plum Crazy, Lemon Twist!

I also bet those colors faded rapidly in the sun because they were so bright.

The last time my parents saw a late 90's Deville (I think) in MKP, they said they really liked it and I'll find out if they asked the dealership about it. I'm sure they did. I've only seen a couple and the last one was on a 2000+ Deville at the supermarket.

Sandy
11-19-04, 11:04 PM
file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/buick-gs-1967a.jpg

Highlight it & copy to your address bar, is the only way I think it will work....

Moulon Rouge, Vitimin "C". Go Mang Go"., In-Violet, Top Banana. (Ply. Names)

You omitted: Sublime (Dodge) LimeLight (Ply.) Curious Yella /
Sassy Grass Green Big Sky Boo and others !!!

Ralph
11-19-04, 11:12 PM
file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/buick-gs-1967a.jpg

Moulon Rouge, Vitimin "C". Go Mang Go"., In-Violet, Top Banana. (Ply. Names)

You omitted: Sublime (Dodge) LimeLight (Ply.) Curious Yella /
Sassy Grass Green Big Sky Boo and others !!!

That link won't work because I think it comes from your harddrive.

Was my old Charger Torr REd? Were there any other types of red? I know that the previous owner repainted it and I always wondered if it was an original Chrysler red.

Sandy
11-19-04, 11:28 PM
Regular "Bright Red" FE5 Code.
Send me your e-mail & I can send you the GS Buick .......
I lost your e mail.
cigarsandy@comcast.net

But, for now, I'm going to bed....... :yawn:

drifterx
11-19-04, 11:33 PM
ok i came home now and looked at the color book again... the color looks too pink and purplish... i kinda want it whiter......... White with a pink-ish clear coat, does anyone know of any cars like that?

Ralph
11-19-04, 11:34 PM
Regular "Bright Red" FE5 Code.
Send me your e-mail & I can send you the GS Buick .......
I lost your e mail.
cigarsandy@comcast.net

But, for now, I'm going to bed....... :yawn:

Done! Sleep tight. :D

Ormond
11-22-04, 02:30 PM
One of my neighbors has a MKP Sedan DeVille that is a 2004 or 2005. I will try to take a photo for you. It is much paler than the old MKP and lighter than the MKP Allante that I remember. It is similar to the current DeVille metallic white for 2005. (White Lightening) except that it has pink in it instead of blue/green. I prefer the old White Diamond myself. :cool:

Ralph
11-25-04, 01:10 AM
I saw the late model MKP Deville again today. It had a script on the side of the front part of the door written "Mary Kay." Nice color, very light and not overstated.